Discovering Magic -Update- Sorry for vanishing!
884 8 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi Readers!

I am sorry for vanishing, despite saying that my break would be only until the 1st of January. The truth is that I have been going over the series and the criticisms I have received and found that most of them are accurate and need addressing.

I want to start approaching the way that I write and release the story differently. Starting with a total rewrite of what I have, whether that rewrite happens in a brand new release or on this page is yet to be decided. The main reason for this change is related to something I said in my last update, I find myself to be a discovery writer at heart, I like to let the story flow naturally and go in directions based on moments of inspiration and character motivated decisions.

This doesn't always make for a clean and logical story, and my lack of foundation when starting this story has halted my continued progress. A relevant criticism I have received is that the early chapters lack in character development and story progress, focusing entirely on the system and world-building. This is the case mostly because I started writing this with only the system and world really ready and with little experience in writing characters at all.

So I will go back and do those again, now with a much firmer idea as to how I want to do this. In the future, I think I will be releasing chapters in chunks when I consider them to be ready, instead of racing against a deadline three times a week.

I hope you understand where this is coming from, I love both Fantasy and LitRPG as genres and want my first real contribution to them to be as good as it can.

Thank you for reading!

P.S This is not technically a Hiatus, though getting things in order to my own satisfaction will likely take a while! please bear with me!

6