C189
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The change caused by absorbing darkness from the black figure was immediate.

"Ah, ah, it's ......!"

 A severe pain struck my entire body. The pain was so severe that it was unimaginable, and I couldn't even stand up on the spot, so I collapsed to my knees.

 The figure's arm was not detached from my hand, and I was left hanging on to it. The hand does not seem to move away at all, as if it is completely assimilated, even though I try to pull it off in a hurry.

'■■■■■!!!!'

 The figure also groaned and sprawled around. In the meantime, the absorption continued, and gradually the darkness that the figure was clothed in faded away.

 And then...

"......"

 The figure that had been hidden under the darkness appears.

"Who?"

 Black hair that has been stretched as long as it can be, emaciated body, and sunken eyes. There was a man who could tell at a glance that his dreams, hopes, and zest for life had all been taken from him. At the same time, the pain somehow vanished.

"What is this? What? Where am I?"

 The man looks around in confusion. Then he looked at me, at the darkness inside me, and looked all-knowing. 

I've already been through all of this. It's all over now. Not again, I guess.'

'Um, you're ......"

'I don't know. There are so many different names, I forgot which one is the real one.

"That's not what I mean."

"You want to know who I am, what process I went through to get here, and why I was swallowed by the Demon Lord?"

"The Demon Lord? Not the Evil God?"

' 'I don't know, maybe it's called differently in different times. 'I don't care."

'No, it doesn't matter. ......"

"I don't give a damn. All. All of it."

 The gaze that stared straight at me was so twisted and distorted that I couldn't help it.

 Even if I don't know his situation, I can tell by the despair that overflows from his body. Perhaps he had failed in something. He lost everything, and came here at the end of his loss.

 So, I guess he doesn't care about anything anymore.

 That's the look in his eyes.

"You don't want to give up, do you?"

"Yes."

"For what?"

 There are many things I want to ask. But it would be worse to spoil his mood and not be able to listen to what he has to say voluntarily. So, I decided to give up the leadership of the conversation.

 What was it for?

 At first, it was for Crescencia. Then I met Schneizel, Saraswati, and Lucy, and I succeeded O'Brien's legacy, and here I am.

 What am I standing on now? At the base of it all is my love for Crescencia, but there are so many other things on top of that that I can't even keep track of them all.

I can't do it. It's impossible.'

'...... that's why?'

If you're worried about it, it's not worth talking about. Losing your way is a weakness. The lance of a man who can't hold his own will never pierce the truth. And the enemy, even now that I think about it, I don't think I can win.

"Are you really that strong?

"Yes, I am."

"What should I do then? At least, I can tell something .......'

"I could teach you, ......, but no, I won't."

"What?"

I see. I see. I guess that's how your bald father felt at that time.

"......"

'I don't know. I'm done with it, and this world doesn't matter to me anymore. I happened to come to my senses at the end, but to be frank, you, with your future, are a nuisance."

 That's the only reason why he's not going to tell us anything about the evil god!

 Such shock must have shown on his face. The man laughed dryly.

You'll understand when you fall to the same point,. I don't have the energy to drag down those above me, but it's fun to see those who are about to fall."

"I haven't fallen yet."

"I'm sure you'll fall soon. But, well, yeah, I guess so. I'm rotten, but I'm willing to hold on to my share of the illusions."

 Saying this, the man pierced his own chest with his hand.

3