22 – 2 Months Later
339 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 MONTHS LATER

Time passed quickly for the group. Their life in prison was great, almost like the old world, only with zombies showing up every once in a while.

They now had TV, video games, computers, electricity, hot showers, and many other things people would kill for. The Internet still works.

Not much had changed beyond that. Jonathan finally put the titanium plates on the prison fence. He could cover almost everything, but the top part of the fence was something he could not cover for now.

His arm had improved to the point he could now carry weight, but Jonathan was still handling things with extreme care so as not to hurt himself again.

The farm had the first harvest a few days shy of the 2-month mark. It was edible, and Jonathan planted more potatoes and some other things. He focused on things that could be harvested fast and in grand quantities. The group now had a way to survive if they couldn't buy food from the SHOP.

The group, besides now having access to the generator, also opened the doors to the watchtowers. Samantha took advantage of this and spent almost all day at the top of the tower near block 1. The place had everything she needed. An AC, a small TV, and a few other things. She still carried the walk-talkie Jonathan gave her.

Samantha's pregnancy was going on nicely. From what Jonathan could gather, using the ultrasound machine he bought earlier, and from what little he know, the baby was growing normally. Jonathan still couldn't find the sex of the baby, but he was satisfied knowing the baby was okay.

Speaking of Samantha, she was now an excellent sniper. She hardly missed a shot. A surprising thing is that after Samantha had been shooting for a month, Eve and Nathanael approached Jonathan, '' Do you guys want to practice with the rifle too?''

Eve and Nathanael nodded.

''Can you train with the rifle and study to help with your mother's birth?'' Jonathan and the siblings now knew the basics to help with the birth and were a little confident, but it didn't hurt to study more.

''We can!''

Jonathan said nothing but was doing some calculations, ' I already spend almost 10K with Samantha alone, if they join, it would be 30k... Heh, why not? I have a lot of money anyway.'

''Sure, you can go there. You can stay with your mom or go to separate watchtowers.''

''I'll take the one near block 2.'' Eve was the one who said that.

'' Then I'll take the one near block 3!'''

Jonathan passed them the rifles he bought from the SHOP, '' Here. Use the walkie-talkie if you see anything different.''

Eve and Samantha nodded and went the different way. After thinking for a moment Jonathan also decided to train his rifle skill, ' Why not?'

Jonathan went to the same watchtower as Samantha. '' Hello there.''

Samantha shoot a zombie and looked at Jonathan with a smile, '' Hello Jonathan. What brings you here?''

Jonathan set up his rifle near Samantha, '' Eve and Nathanael came up with an idea to train their rifle skill. Look at the other towers.''

Samantha took the rifle, aimed at the other towers, and looked at the scoop. On the other side, she could see her children setting up their guns.

This brought a feeling of joy inside her, ' They are growing.'

In the old world, if she saw Eve or Nathanal with a gun before they hit 20, she would be fuming, but now she was glad.

'' I followed their idea... do you mind if I stay here with you?''

Samantha smiled at Jonathan, '' You are free to stay for as long as you want... How do we talk to them if the need arises?''

' She's talking about Eve and Nathanael.'

''Don't worry about that.'' Jonathan pointed at her walkie-talkie, '' We use that. Only if they see something weird, otherwise it should be radio silence for the whole day.''

'' ... I see.'' Samantha took a little break and went inside the room on the watchtower. The layout was considered normal.

The watchtower had a door that leads to stairs, that goes to the top. There, it had a hatch, and when you open it, you're inside a 'room' in the watchtower.

Samanthan set up, as mentioned before, was first class. She turned on the AC and sat on her bed. The only reason she didn't turn the TV on was that there was nothing to watch. She could still play something, but she was tired.

Jonathan followed behind her. Samantha noticed Jonathan moviments and asked, '' ... What are you doing?''

That caught Jonathan off guard, '' I was ... following you?''

' It seems she really was tired. I was expecting more.'

Samantha could see what Jonathan wanted. She thought for a moment, '' How about we just cuddle?''

Jonathan smiled at her, '' I couldn't ask for more.''

Samantha made space on her bed and Jonathan snuggled close to her.

'' How are you feeling? I mean generally. About everything.'' Jonathan asked while the duo cuddled.

Samantha touched her belly, '' From what I could see on the internet, we are the few lucky ones. I bet not even what's left of the government has what we have here.'' She turned to look at Jonathan, '' You really are full of surprises.''

The entire group knew their actual situation is only thanks to Jonathan, 'Without him... I could've lost even more. I try not to think about everything, but sometimes it's just too much.'

Samantha remembered her dead husband, ' Nathan was a good man. He died unjustly... I know we will see each other again. I just hope he's in a better place.'

Jonathan could see that Samantha was having conflicted feelings, ' Her face changes almost every second. It would've been cute if it was not
worrisome. She must have a lot on her mind.'

'' Well, I really am a box full of surprises...'' Jonathan hugged her even tighter, '' Just know that you're not alone. You have Eve, Nathanael, me, and the little one.''

Samantha said nothing and just held Jonathan's hand.

After some time passed in silence, Jonathan asked, '' Have you thought about the baby's name?''

Samantha answered right away, '' If it's a girl, I plan to name her Hope. If it's a boy, Ange.''

'' Good names.''

'' ... Do you want to give any opinions?'' Samantha knew Jonathan could be the father, so she was kinda allowing him to 'name' the baby with her.

''Don't be silly. You can choose whatever name you want and I know it will be perfect.''

Samantha and Jonathan rested for a few hours. The whole time they spent cuddling.

When Jonathan woke up, Samantha was already up messing with some things in her room, " What time is it?"

Samantha looked at the clock, " 2 pm. Why, do you have an appointment?" She said that last part with a giggle.

"Yeah, a date with a zombie... I just wanted to know how many hours we slept.'' Jonathan also got up from the bed.

"We slept for three hours.'' By this point, Samantha had finished what she was doing and went back to her shooting position. She would continue shooting until 18 and then go back to Block 1.

If she could, she would want to shoot all day but since she was pregnant, she didn't want to risk it. Her luck is that zombies appear frequently, otherwise she wouldn't have anything to shoot.' At this point, when zombies don't show up gives me a sense of doom.'

It's amazing how human beings adapt to life circumstances.

''Did Eve or Nathanael say anything?" Jonathan was also ready to practice his aim.

" As far as I know, they didn't say anything." Samantha positioned herself better and shot a zombie.

"I'll go check on them.'' Jonathan grabbed his walkie-talkie, " Eve, Nathaniel, can you hear me?"

'' I can.'' Eve asnsered fisrt.

'' Me too,'' Nathanael responded a bit later.

'' You guys seeing anything strange?'' Jonathan asked.

'' Not on my end. Only zombies.''

'' Yeah, nothing weird.''

'' Okay. Call me right away when you see something weird.''

'''' Leave it to us.''''

Just as Jonathan was getting ready to train his aim, Samantha said something, '' I'll leave earlier today and leave you alone here. Just let me shoot alone for a little while.

'' No problem.'' Jonathan went back to the bed and sat on it.

With nothing better to do, Jonathan used the Internet on his phone to check if there were any large groups of survivors, and if so, where they were, ' Is the people dumb enough to tell their location?'

And to Jonathan's surprise, there were several. Most were saying that there were safe zones in the cities of NY, Washington, and some other areas, 'The government fell some time ago, but according to various reports on the websites, it seems that there are several areas that have army protection... I doubt it was true, but if they're lying, why?.'

'I don't know if this is good or bad... although we are in very good living conditions, we might need more people. I don't know if we are ready to accept it.'

The interaction with strangers was not good for Jonathan and his group. Everyone, without any exception, was with bad people, 'There must be good people out there, but how can I find out? I can't read minds.'

The only reason Jonathan is thinking about this is because of Samantha, ' If we had a doctor, our situation wouldn't be so dangerous. '

Although he was not going to tell the group, Jonathan was worried about Samantha, ' Our ' knowledge' comes from the Internet and a few books, we need experience.'

Jonathan put the Phone aside, 'We have 6 months to find a doctor to help with the birth... should I go after one?'

Just then, the walkie-talkie came to life. It was Eve, ''Jonathan, you should see this.''

''What is it?" Jonathan asked quickly.

" Near block 1, I'm seeing a group of people."


Jonathan did not know it at the time, but the encounter with those strangers would change many things for him and his group.

 


 

I apologize for not posting chapters last week. The reason is because my other fanfic is in its last arc (20 more chapters at most) and my focus, whether I like it or not, was on it.

When I finish my other fic, my focus will be totally on this one and I'll be able to post more chapters a week!

Thanks for the support.

20