35 – Arrival
328 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan and Patrick arrived near Gabriel's church. Jonathan got off the bike and went inside the bus. Inside it, he didn't forget to praise Patrick, '' You did good out there.''

Patrick gave a genuine smile, '' Thank you... Before this, I never had to face so many zombies. In fact, this gave me confidence.''

Jonathan patted his shoulder, '' Let's get everyone to safety.''

Patrick parked the bus and went with Jonathan to the bike. Both mounted it and went to Gabriel's church a little ways further. The only reason they didn't go with the bus it's because it didn't fit on the road to the church.

Less than 2 minutes later, Jonathan arrived at the church. He honked 2 times and Gabriel got out.

He rushed to where Jonathan was. When Gabriel saw both were alright, he sighed in relief, '' I'm glad you are okay.''

Patrick smiled, '' We are more than ok. We managed to get the bus! We can leave now!''

Gabriel smiled a little. The food was running out, and Jonathan's help came at the right time, ' It's almost like God answered our prayers...'

Thinking of that, Gabriel started to look at Jonathan in a different light.

Jonathan didn't notice that'' We can leave at any moment now.''

Gabriel nodded, '' We are ready to leave too.'' He returned to the church and a few minutes later, he came out with everyone.

'' No one is staying behind right?'' Jonathan asked one time.

'' This is all we have.''

'' Then let us go.'' Jonathan started his bike and lead the way toward the bus, while the rest followed on foot. ' We will need to clean the roadblocks near the prison but it should take little time. Maybe we could arrive at the prison tomorrow at noon?'

It was almost night, and Jonathan didn't know if Gabriel's group would want to risk traveling at night.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the bus, '' Get in.''

Everyone got in, and Patrick automatically went to the wheel. Jonathan said to him, '' Follow me, but be slow, please. I don't want to die in a car accident in a zombie apocalypse. That would be quite depressing.''

Patrick nodded, but then he noted something on the panel of the car, '' Jonathan, we didn't check when we left the school, but now I can see we don't have much gasoline left...''

Jonathan paused slightly. He sighed, '' Stay in the bus and let me handle it. Oh, turn off the engine and take the keys out.''

Patrick did so and Jonathan disappeared from his view. 5 minutes later, Jonathan returned, '' See now.''

To Patrick's surprise, after he turned the bus on, the gas volume increased to the middle. '' Thank you.'' He didn't think it was weird, as Jonathan could easily transfer the gas from the bike to the bus.

What Patrick failed to take into account, however, was the size of the gasoline tank in the bus and on the bike...

'' It should be enough for us to arrive at a roadblock, where we can scavenge some gas from the cars there. Now that that's out of the way, let's go!'' Jonathan got off the bus, mounted the bike, and speed up ahead.

Patrick started to follow Jonathan on the road. It was 7 P.M now, and the visibility was quite bad, but they continued driving. Jonathan remembered something and reached out for his phone. To his surprise, no one answered him.

' They are occupied or finally, the internet stopped working?'

For the internet to have worked until now, well 3 months into the end of the world, was amazing. So Jonathan wasn't that surprised it stopped working. Still, it was a bad thing overall, ' Well, we did save some movies, music, and knowledge, but that was it. Maybe a phone from the SHOP will have internet without needing THE internet... I should test it later if I don't forget it.'

Putting the phone away, Jonathan slowly made his way to the prison.

It was night and they were going at a max of 50 KM per hour, so it will take a while for them to arrive at the prison. ' We definitively will not arrive today... Maybe not even tomorrow morning.'

2 HOURS LATER

By this point it was pitch black on the road, so Jonahtna stopped the bike and the bus also stopped. Patrick got off the bus, '' What happened?''

Jonathan pointed up ahead, just a few miles away from them, '' We hit our first roadblock. There are 2 options. 1: we move the cars right now with no visibility, or we sleep and wait until the morning to move them, and hope we arrive at my place by tomorrow night. Your call.''

Patrick said, '' Give me a few minutes.'' Saying that he returned to the bus. Soon after, he and Garbiel returned, '' We decided to clean it up now. We want to arrive at this safe place as fast as we can.''

'' Your call.'' Jonathan noted every single 20 or so person inside the bus got out and started to take the cars out of the way.

Jonathan was helping the others to push a car out of the way, '' On 3 we push. 1, 2, 3 !!!''

The car was pushed out of the way, and everyone went to help others. Jonathan suddenly was approached by a kid. '' Hi.''

Jonathan stopped what he was doing and looked at the kid, '' Hi. What are you doing here? It's safer in the bus.''

'' I'm here to help everyone!'' The kid was cheerful, even though the situation of the world was like this. She looked into Jonathan's eyes, '' And to thank you for helping my dad.''

Jonathan noticed, '' So you're Patrick's daughter?''

The kid nodded.

Jonathan ruffed her head, '' Your father did amazing. Did you know he fought against dozens of zombies just an hour ago, and he won!?''

The kid in front of him was fascinated. '' Tell me more.''

So, for the next hour or so, when Jonathan was nothing pushing cars out of the way, he was talking with the girl about her father's feat at the school. '' One time, he jumped out of the window in the direction of a zombie, then did a dropkick on it, and stomped his head. Then, he returned to that window to jump out again. He did it 4 times, killing 4 zombies.

The girl's eyes shone hearing about her father's deeds, '' AWESOME.'

So, for the entire time they moved the car out of the road, Jonathan boosted Patrick's achievement. He did that for the girl to see her father as an even bigger hero than she normally thought.

Seeing as there were not many cars left, Jonathan said to the girl, '' Go back to the bus for now. We can talk more about this later when we arrived at your new home.''

'' Promise?'' The girl held her pink.

Jonahtan did a pink promise, '' Promise. Now go.'' He accompanied the girl until she entered the bus. He then returned to help the others.

Soon after, the path was cleaned and the group could continue. Patrick approached Jonathan, '' I just entered the bus and my daughter was looking at me ... with fervor. Any idea why?''

Jonathan smiled, '' I might have to boost what you did at the school. Just a little.''

Patrick didn't mind that, '' Thank you... Do you know how long until we arrive at your place?''

'' In 5 hours. Or more, depending on how the road is.'' Jonathan asked once more, '' Do you want to rest, or continue through the night?''

'' Gabriel knew you'd ask that, so he send me here. We will continue, if that's okay for you.''

'' No problem. Let's continue!'' Jonathan hopped on the bike and waited until Patrick entered the bus. Hearing the engine of the bus coming to life, Jonathan departed, with the rest following.

It took 2 hours or so for a path to be cleared and the group continued their trip without any problem.

5 HOURS LATER

A trip that would normally take around 2 or so hours, was made in 7. As the group didn't stop to sleep, they managed to arrive in this period of time. And, everyone was still alive and well.

Looking at the prison in front of him, Gabriel was a bit shocked, '' ... This is your place?''

Jonathan nodded, '' As you can see, it's protected by the fences and my group. We have food, weapons, and space. We just needed more people and that's where you guys entered.''

The group and Jonathan were at the entrance of the prison, a little ways from block 1. Jonathan noted at the distance, a person running here, to open the gate.

He smiled and looked at Gabriel, '' Welcome to your new home!''

 


Thanks for the support!

14