42 – Changes (1)
189 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The journey from Woodbury to the prison didn't take long but Jonathan decided to spend some time outside, in the world away from the protection of the prison. It was the first time in a long time that he had stopped to look around.

And what he saw was depressing. Once again he thanked whatever divine/superior power for his powers, 'With what I have, I can take care of the people I care about. And that number of people is only increasing.'

With the arrival of Michonee, Rick, and Gabriel's group, the prison officially had over 30 people. Considering all the circumstances, that was a good number.

' And now with Merle in power in Woodbury, the interactions between locations will be possible, so making a connection with other people will be easier. ' To help with communications between the communities, Jonathan gave Merle a long-range radio and promised him that he would get Daryl to talk to him once he arrived at the prison.

' Even though not everything went as planned, my goal was completed. Woodbury is no longer an imminent danger. Now there are only 3 'problems' left , that now don't seem so dangerous. Whisperers, Negan and the Commonwealth.'

After what happened in Woodbury, Jonathan's confidence in dealing with this world dominated by zombies and crazy people increased. Whether that was a good thing or not, only time will tell.

Finally, after spending a few hours in the world outside the prison, Jonathan arrived at his home. He had already warned Nathanael that he was coming back and, thanks to that, the gate was already half open and Eve was waiting.

'It's amazing how there are always zombies around the prison, no matter how many we kill...' Jonathan came up to the gate and said "hi" to Eve, who had already seen him coming.

"Hi. How was the trip?" Although they had been communicating by radio, they had both stopped saying things about the situation.

" All right. One less problem and a few more allies." Jonathan said with a smile, "And here? Any news?"

Eve nodded, "You've been gone less than 4 days but in the meantime, some people have approached the prison, wanting shelter."

This surprised Jonathan, since in both the series and the comics, this sort of thing rarely happened. And he wasn't too worried if these people were dangerous, 'I can handle them... besides, I trust the judgment of Rick, Gabriel, and Samantha.'

Jonathan had left those three in control of the prison in his absence.

"Did you ask them the 3 questions? And did they look dangerous?" But just to be safe, Jonathan asked.

"We did. Most didn't count how many zombies they killed and when asked how many humans they killed, only one person said they killed more than 2." Eve held nothing back and told everything.

Jonathan had a strange feeling, "What is this person's name?"

"Abraham. He was with 8 other people."

Jonathan was a bit shocked. 'Is this the same Abraham I'm thinking of?If it is, the situation was very strange... It's as if someone wanted us to meet...'

Jonathan was going to go out to look for the trio Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham, but he had some things to sort out and left it for later. And now they just showed up here out of nowhere, with three other unknown people. ' Besides that, they have some unknown people...'

Something clicked in Jonathan's head and he asked, "Is there someone named Tyresse or Sasha in this new group of people?"

Eve looked at Jonathan with a strange look, "Yes, but how do you... you know what, I'll not even ask. So many strange things happen around you that I'm not even surprised anymore."

Jonathan was even more flabbergasted. 'There's something causing the whole group to meet. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing ... or if I can do anything about it.'

Yes, Jonathan didn't know what was happening or why, but there really wasn't much he could do about it. ' Adapt and overcome. I'll deal with everything bit by bit.'

After a few more moments talking to Eve, Jonathan said, ''Shall we go in?''

Eve nodded. She and Jonathan then went into Block 1. All the people who arrived when Jonathan was away went to Block 3.

Jonathan still didn't know if they had agreed to live in the same block, as he didn't ask for that info from the conversation he had with Samantha, Eve, and Nathanael, so he was expecting some surprise.

__

Arriving in Block 1, Jonathan immediately noticed that the place was noisier, 'So they decided to move in here.... that's good.'

While Jonathan was gone, Rick's and Gabriel's groups moved into Block 1. And maybe Micchone, but he'd have to check later.

"Did everyone move?" Jonathan asked.

Eve nodded, "Yes. The only ones who are in other Blocks are the ones who just arrived. However, the plan is to eventually let them move here. Even so, we still have plenty of cells available."

"I see... and how did it go with Rick and Gabriel? Did they lead well?"

Eve nodded, "They kept everything in order. My mom helped a bit too."

' Seems like everything is falling into place.... good. Now it will be easier for me to go out into the world, knowing that there will be someone watching over the place.'

Although the nearest threat was eliminated, this world was still dangerous.

"By the way, first of all, I need to talk to Daryl. It's important."

"He should be in his room. It's on the second floor, near the stairs."

"Eve, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure."

"Get Rick and Gabriel for me while I talk to Daryl. We need to talk... and Samantha too."

'' No problem.'' Eve then went to call the 3 people Jonathan mentioned.

Jonathan then turned his attention to Daryl. He let out a sigh. 'Let's go.' He soon arrived at the room which Eve said belonged to Daryl.

'' Hello. Can we talk?'' Jonathan looked from outside and could see Daryl was awake and looking at this crossbow and a few guns on his bed.

'' Sure thing.'' Daryl was surprised to see Jonathan, '' I didn't know you had returned if I did, I would've gone to you... Did something happen to my bike?''

Jonathan shook his head, '' No, that is not why I came to talk to you first.''

That seems to have made Daryl more curious, as he stopped what he was doing, '' So, what do you want to say?''

Jonathan took a breath, '' I found your brother... Merle is alive.''He could see Daryl getting stunned.

''... What?''

'' Let me explain everything from the beginning...''

----

And, for the next 20 or so minutes of explaining the situation, returning the keys to the bike, and handing over the radio that allowed communication between Woodbury/Merle and the Prison/Daryl, Jonathan left the place.

The 'relationship' between both places would became strong, but that is a story for the future.

' Daryl was pretty emotional... which was to be expected, since he thought his brother was dead...'

With these thoughts, Jonathan went to the location where he asked Eve to take Samantha, Rick, and Gabriel.

11