56 – Paris (2)
71 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The plan was, if necessary, to use the horde to distract the guards. This didn't mean the zombies would enter the safe area in Paris, but the chance of that happening was high. And if that happened, Paris would no doubt be destroyed.

You can't win against millions of zombies in the normal way. Only if they had a nuke or something, but Jonathan doubted they would use it. ' And if they do use, I can survive... I think.'

With some worries in mind about Umbrella's reaction, Jonathan started to put loudspeakers in almost every part of the wall surrounding Paris. He did this to attract the zombies.

' I could do other things to attract them but this is the safest.' Jonathan knew he could use himself as bait, he would do that if the loudspeaker didn't work, but it was too dangerous. ' And, if it does work, I have a plan B and C.'

Looking at the things he put alongside all the loudspeakers, Jonathan simply continued with his mission. He stealthily put those speakers, away from the prying eyes of the guards and the Umbrella citizens. It took a while to do that, but on the night of his second day in Paris, he finally surrounded the entire Paris with loudspeakers.

The speaker of the SHOP was more potent than normal since people could even hear it when Jonathan used Rick's record on his helicopter, so it should be enough to grab the zombies attention.

You might ask, what did he put to play on those loudspeakers. It was Rick's message? Absolutely not.

It was music, one that Jonathan chose on a whim. When he clicked the button that was on his INVENTORY, the phone connected to each of the loudspeakers would start playing the music.

The number of phones he used was high, but the stock on his INVENTORY was high enough that it didn't make a dent. As he knew he would lose access to buy things from the SHOP when he bought the cure, Jonathan bought a lot of things beforehand.

If nothing goes wrong, in the best scenario he had enough resources to last for decades, and in the worst scenario, a few years. And in those years he would definitively find a good plan, to live a good life without the SHOP buy function. Hell, even in the original TWD universe, the characters managed to live 'well', so it shouldn't be that hard... Right?

Now, after finishing putting the loudspeakers down, and some other things if the plan didn't work, Jonathan returned to the building he had landed when he arrived in Paris. The people around the area were already accustomed to Jonathan, and, to his luck, he never talked with a guard, the only people around this area who could see he was a fake.

Until now. He needed the uniform of one of the Umbrella guards to blend in with the crowd. If he could do that and things go okay, he might not need to use the loudspeakers. Jonathan knew the chance of that happening was small, but he didn't lose hope.

After entering the building and going directly to the rooftop, Jonathan, who already memorized the pattern of the patrol of the guards around the area, waited. He was waiting 17 minutes for the next change in turn.

He would strike the guard that was going away because when he observed them, it was one of the only times they were alone.

But, Jonathan didn't just memorize that. After he went out the first time, he started to ask about things related to Umbrella, and the citizens didn't mind telling the newbie about it. And, just like in every society, money/valuable things, could change the status quo.

FLASHBACK

'' So the guards need to report every hour? What would happen if they didn't?'' Jonathna, who was speaking perfect French with the bartender, asked in surprise.

Then, the bartender did the same, '' The other base where you came from didn't need to do that? And the guards would probably be demoted or straight up fired.''

Jonathan, who said he came from another Umbrella base ( a lie) thanks to his father being transferred here, shook his head, '' No, we didn't have that much security... you think they hide something here in Paris?''He tried his best to show that he knew something about Umbrella, and it was working flawlessly.

The bartender looked shocked and looked around in a hurry. Seeing that no guard was around to hear that, he scolded the 'naive' looking Jonathan, '' Listen, I know you're new here, but don't try to ask those questions here. The majority of people that poked around never had a good end.''

Putting his thumb on his neck, the Bartender made a death sign, meaning everyone who asked died.

Jonathan looked frightened, '' Boss, please don't tell anyone I asked this them.''

The bartender softened a little, ' He is new and don't know better. And I ain't a snitch anyway.'

After sighing, the bartender said, '' Don't worry about it, here we don't do that...'' Making a double check on Jonathan's clothes and seeing they are of a luxury brand, the bartender came closer and whispered in his ear, '' And, for the right price, people are willing to tell all secrets of around here.''

When the bartender returned to his position, he could see Jonathan thinking bout it.

It didn't take long for Jonathan to whisper back, '' How much are we talking?''

'' We don't really use money here, we like to use objects and such, like phones, computers, etc.''

Jonathan smiled immediately after that, '' Who do I talk to if I want to learn? My da- father, isn't that bright and I think he could be in trouble if I don't know how to behave here.''

The bartender didn't have much to suspect, and if the boy in front of him was willing to pay, there was always someone willing to sell.

Regardless, the bartender asked, '' Do you have anything on you right, that you could sell?'' He asked that just to be safe, ' The amount of people that said they had things and didn't was enormous.'

To the bartender's surprise, Jonatha took out the last generation of phones from his back pocket.

Seeing the bartender's face, Jonathan scratched his head, '' We lived in a place where they had a lot of those laying around and, as I was bored, I grabbed as much as I could on a whin... Is this enough?'

The bartender smiled. '' Yes, follow me.'' Then started to lead the way inside the bar, and soon arrived at a picture tall enough to dwarf booth the bartender and Jonathan. '' Knock here and after someone asks any question, just respond with: A dream is not a dream, but a message of the future, past and present.''

Jonathan acted shocked seeing as the bartender was part of the group who sold information.

The bartender smirked after successfully ' pranking' Jonathan. He tapped the boy on the shoulder, '' See you later, kid. I hope you found what you are looking for.''

After sending the bartender off, the naive demeanor on Jonathan's slipped for a few seconds before returning. He already knew the bartender was in cahoots with the seller of info, and acted as a naive person, ' Gosh, acting like that is horrible.'

Regardless, a few seconds later he returned to his naive demeanor and knocked on the picture frame. Soon after, someone said from behind it, '' The password.''

'' A dream is not a dream, but message of the future, past and present.''

Soon after, the picture went to the side and Jonathan could see it was a mechanism.

'' Enter.''

Jonathan carefully entered the door that just opened and looked around curiously and fearfully.

''You're are in luck, as the boss just finished talking with another customer. Follow me.''

The man guided Jonathan to a room located far away from the 'door'. Even Jonathan was a little surprised by how long this whole thing was.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the boss's room. The man who just guided Jonathan said, '' This is as far as I go. The rest is up to you.''

'' You are nothing going to check if I have a gun?'' That legit surprised Jonathan. In the apocalypse, it was normal to check those things.

The man smirked, '' Who would be dumb enough to do something in Paris?'' After saying that he left.

Jonathan could not say much about that logic, ' It seems Umbrella takes good care of the citizens... If only they didn't cause the apocalypse and, probably, conduct some shady experiment.'

Looking at the man going far away, Jonathan turned his attention to the door in front of him. He didn't hesitate an knock on it.

'' Enter.'' A voice comes from inside the room where the door leads.

Jonathan didn't hesitate and entered. He expected to see something shocking but it was a normal-looking room.

The man, who probably selling the info, looked at Jonathan in surprise, '' Who are you?''

That made Jonathan pause, '' I'm a new facility member. My father was transferred here from another base.''

After thinking for a while, the man in the chair said, '' Really? I don't remember anyone being transferred recently.''

Jonathan didn't budge, '' We just arrived here, so not many people know about us.''

The seller found it suspicious, but he wasn't affiliated with Umbrella in a deep connection, so he didn't mind that much, '' OK, I'll say I believe you. Now, what kind of things do you need?''

As this bar sells a lot of things other than info, the man asked as he wasn't informed beforehand about what Jonathan wanted to buy.

Jonathan gave the same history he gave to the bartender earlier on. He was new and wanted info about Umbrella in this area.

'' Hmmmm, this would not be cheap. I hope you know how the currency works here?''

Jonathan nodded and took out the same phone he showed the barterned. He explained the same thing, there were a lot of electronics in his area and he grabbed them on a whin.

The seller looked at the phone and knew it was the same one who launched a few days before the apocalypse began. Meaning it was priceless.

By the way, you might ask why they want so many electronics. It just happened that Umbrella, just like Jonathan here, had wifi on their bases. And, while they had wifi, those electronics were a luxury, seeing as everyone left home in a hurry when Umbrella failed to contain the zombies, so they left their electronics behind, as it was not a priority.

'' How many do you have?'' The seller could only think greedily about how many favors he could win from others with those cell phones/electronics.

'' More than enough.''

After they agreed on the price of the info, Jonathan went back to his 'apartment' to grab the amount they arrived on.

The rest of the conversation was productive for Jonathan. The amount of phone he had was enough for him to buy almost all the info they had.

'' They say this base Countian the most valuable secret of Umbrella. What do you know about it?''

The seller answered, '' I think you know how the apocalypse started, right?''

Jonathan nodded, '' It's common to everyone. Meteor ZUBA.'' Of course, common to everyone who worked with Umbrella. The civilians knew nothing about it.

The seller nodded, '' Some say the same meteor is on a building here in Paris. Others say they are experimenting on humans on how to control zombies and dominate the world for real.''

'' How accurate are those informations?''

The seller shrugged, '' I only sell what I heard.''

After an hour or so of Jonathan asking and the seller answering, both of them felt satisfied with what they gained from this conversation.

To Jonathan, he now knows about the change in turns of the guards, and that the normal people didn't know where the Umbrella main building was located, among other things.

And the seller now had enough electronics to gain more power among the rich.

After the seller guided Jonathan outside the room, Jonathan stopped just before he left for real and the door closed.

' This could bite me in the ass later, but fuck it.'

Jonathan turned to the man who had just sold him info, '' Now, let me be the one to give you info. Why do you think my father was transferred here?''

The seller still didn't fully believe Jonathan and his story about how they were transferred here recently, but he was willing to listen, '' Why ?''

''There are talks in other camps that Umbrella will suffer attacks from unknown people in a close date, on all bases, and this one, being the most important, would be receiving reinforcements... I'm talking about days, not months.'' Jonathan was so confident he could infiltrate Umbrella and grab the patient 0 if it was there, that he straight told about an ' attack' that could occur.

The seller looked surprised, '' Where do heard that from?'' He could not help but believe, even if just a little, ' His story checks, but I like being cautious. But now, this info... could be legit.' He wasn't dumb, so if someone tells you your home would be attacked, you would be prepared, even if just a little.

'' Again, why did you think my father was transferred here? A lot of other soldiers will be transferred here soon.''

The man looked pensive, '' Why I didn't hear about it?''

'' Only the high-ups and the soldiers that were being transferred here know about it. It's normal to not even know about it....Your source probably wanted that info to himself.''

The seller's facial expression changed a few times before returning to normal, '' Thanks for the info.''

Jonathan didn't care if he believed him or not, but now, he could potentially save some civilians. He knew the higher-ups probably had an escape plan in case of emergency, and honestly, fuck them.

After changing goodbyes, Jonathan returned to the streets.

He looked around in melancholy knowing that depending on his actions, those streets could be filled with blood soon.

----

After Jonathan left, the seller wanted to use his connections to see if there was anyone who had recently transferred here. They didn't exchange names, but that wasn't a problem for the seller.

But before that, he started making preparations in case there was an attack. As he knew the higher-ups on Umbrella were mostly safe, he wanted the civilians and the families of the normal Umbrella employees to be safe.

So, almost immediately after he thought of checking on Jonathan's alibi, he put it aside on his mind. He knew how strict Umbrella was to let people inside Paris, so only a crazy person would do something so stupid.

' We could use the old tombs of Paris to travel around the city... The only problem is that if one of the zombies saw us ... we are fucked.'

As a member of the Umbrella City ( Paris), he knew about the evolution. They were just a little behind Jonathan, who knew right away about the evolutions. So he knew if one zombie saw them, they were dead.

The seller, after thinking about it for a while, resolved to prepare, even if just a little. He would search Jonathan's father in a few days, to confirm all that was said about them being transferred here by the boy.

What the seller didn't know was that he didn't have that much time.

END OF FLASHBACK

After remembering how he got most of his information, on how to best infiltrate the Umbrella building, where supposedly they had a huge secret, Jonathan waited.

MINUTES LATER

After what felt like an eternity to Jonathan, the change of turns was finally happening, so he immediately went down the building, toward where he knew the guard was going to be.

Soon after, the lone soldier passed an empty alleyway, and before he could even shout, someone grabbed him and dragged him away from the streets.

Minutes later, the ' guard' was going on his route, to the building the point was, normally.

Jonathan had knocked the man in a flash, and, just in case, fed him sleeping pills to make him sleep. ' He will not be a threat for a few hours. Plenty of time for me to end things here.'

After going on the route he memorized, Jonathan could finally see the building where, supposedly, patient 0 and meteor ZUBA were located.

Jonathan could see the security here was more tight than normal. He looked at the button of the loudspeaker on his INVENTORY, and the button to plan B and C, and continued on ahead.

' If the seller was right, I just need to show my ID to enter. Thank God they don't do any complicated shit like DNA, retina scanner, etc.'

As he was dressed as a guard, Jonathan managed to arrive at the last checkpoint. He could see a few balconies/gates where you put your ID and they opened automatically.

With confidence, Jonathan passed 'his' ID and was granted access to the building with no problems.

' I know that the clearance for this ID is low, only grating access to a few floors. So, I only used him to enter unnoticed, and now...'

After confirming no one was looking at him, Jonathan entered one of the bathrooms on the ground floor and changed his looks. He put the uniform on his INVENTORY and put a much more fancy and fashionable clothes.

Jonathan wanted to pass as an executive of Umbrella, and the naive look he used with the seller and bartender was nowhere to be seen. Now, he was an Umbrella executive, a young one, but still an executive. He also took out a gadget of his INVENTORY, ' It's almost like SHOP knew the future.'

In his hands was a gadget that he could use to passe those balconies/gates that needed ID. Just like the USB that could enter any computer, he bought this on a whin and it most likely saved him some trouble.

After looking at himself one more time in the bathroom mirror, Jonathan mentally prepared himself, ' I'm almost done, a few more steps and I could make the cure.'

' Let's do this!'

 


If you note any grammar errors, please let me know so I can fix them!

 

Thanks for the support!

6