61 – Going Back Home
66 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take long for Jonathan to reach the spot where Math said he and the rest were. However, as the zombies had a hive mind and the helicopter, whether it wanted to or not, made enough noise to attract the attention of all the zombies in the area, Jonathan was forced to land it and walk, carrying Alice on his back.
 
Not ironically, the safest place for Alice is with Jonathan right now.
 
And even though Jonathan had left the helicopter behind and chosen a quieter alternative, this time he had already prepared for when and if he managed to escape with the survivors. He had already left a few planes and helicopters, several of them for many people, ready to depart as soon as they were back where he had landed.
 
Now all he had to do was gather them and take the survivors to where the planes and helicopters were. And that was the hardest part, since there were a lot of zombies in the area. A lot.
 
But, if there were any problems along the way, all Jonathan had to do was wake Alice up for a few moments, which should resolve the situation, giving them enough time to escape.
 
(What Jonathan didn't know at the time was that, with the latest evolution, the zombies were more resistant to Alice's power.)
 
Jonathan managed to sneak past the zombies without being detected and arrived at the place Math had told him about.
 
It was a house, and Jonathan followed Math's instructions to find the way. The house had a basement, and this basement gave access to the old Paris catacombs, where the survivors were hiding.
 
As soon as Jonathan opened the gate leading to the catacombs, he bumped into a survivor, who was startled and almost screamed and shot out of fear, but Jonathan acted quickly, covered his mouth, and took the gun away from him.
 
"Easy... I'm human and an ally. Calm down and don't shoot or shout; otherwise, we're all going to die here." If the person had fired, Jonathan would have survived thanks to the bulletproof vest, but the noise would have attracted all the zombies around the area, making the already hard situation even harder.
 
After seeing that the person had relaxed, Jonathan said, ''I'm going to take my hand out of your mouth now, okay?''
 
The person nodded, and Jonathan removed his hand. Clearly seeing that it was a human, the person didn't shout, and after noticing Jonathan's appearance, asked, ''Is your name Jonathan?''
 
''Yes.''
 
''Math said to take you to him when you showed up. Follow me.'' The person then began to lead Jonathan through the basement/catacomb, and Jonathan was surprised by the infrastructure of the place.
 
' Perhaps they were already preparing an escape route from Paris, which would explain such infrastructure.'
 
It didn't take long for Jonathan to get to where Math was, and the person guiding him said, ''I have to get back to my post... And thank you for coming to help us.''
 
From what Math and his men were saying, the vast majority knew that Jonathan was already in a safe area, but he came back to help them, earning the gratitude of practically everyone. Of course, if they knew that he had a hand in the fall of Paris, they wouldn't appreciate him so much, but of the people who suspected it, no one said anything.
 
''You're welcome... and be more vigilant. There are a lot of zombies in the area.'' Jonathan wanted to talk more about the fact that he had managed to disarm the person so easily but decided to let it go.
 
After the person who had guided him left, Jonathan entered the place where Math was supposed to be.
 
As soon as Jonathan entered, everyone inside stopped talking. They only relaxed when Math, the seller, approached Jonathan and said, ''It's good to see you again. I don't think we've formally introduced ourselves. My name is Math. It's a pleasure to meet you.''
 
'' You already know, but my name is Jonathan. Now, let's skip all the small talk. How many people do you have here?''
 
Math looked a little ashamed, ''Paris had a total of 1500 people at the time of the attack... Only 500 listened to me and escaped.''
 
'' Sigh.'' While Jonathan knew things would be like that, hearing that only 34% of the people survived wasn't nice. Of course, the majority worked for an evil company, but the rest were innocent hostages.
 
Putting that in the back of his mind, Jonathan looked around and asked, ''Anyone here know how to fly a plane or a helicopter?''
 
Four people raised their hands, which surprised Jonathan.
 
'' I hope you weren't lying...'' Jonathan looked at Math and said, ''The place where I landed had planes and helicopters, enough to fly everyone here.''
 
'' So that's why you asked about the pilots.'' Math was also confused about that question, but it makes sense now.
 
'' Yes.'' Jonathan looked at the four people. '' Now, do you really know how to fly? The plane and the helicopter might be different from the ones you guys specialize in.''
 
The four didn't back down and said, '' You don't have to worry about it. Trust us.''
 
Jonathan could only nod to that.
 
Finally, Math couldn't resist anymore and asked Jonathan , '' Who is that person strapped to your back?''
 
Jonathan looked at Alice like she was a treasure: '' The reason I came to Paris. You're looking at humanity's only chance of survival.'' He wasn't dumb; he knew that even with SHOP, things would only get worse. Sure, he knew the chance of his dying was slim, but what about his family?
 
Even though Jonathan had the power to protect himself, with so many evolutions that had happened, he wasn't so sure he could protect his loved ones. So, that's why he had gone so far to get the cure.
 
Math was surprised, and his facial expression changed a lot, '' You mean she is...?''
 
Jonathan nodded, '' Your intel was correct; she is Patient 0. It's a shame I didn't find meteor ZUBA, as I think it could have helped find the cure faster.''
 
Math was silent for a bit before saying, '' About that...''
 
---
 
A person whom Jonathan recognized entered the area. It was Veronica, and she clearly had survived.
 
She looked at Jonathan with complicated feelings, now even more sure that he was the one who caused all the mayhem. Regardless, with Umbrella now totally destroyed, she had already changed boats and would stay quiet.
 
'' Youre saying she has Meteour ZUBA?'' Jonathan looked at the woman with surprise. ' I never thought she would steal the meteor.'

But, apparently, after running away from Umbrella base, she had returned to get meteor ZUBA, or what was left of him. As for the woman's loyalty, Jonathan wasn't afraid of her betraying him or something like that, seeing as he was literally the only chance of them getting out of that place alive.
 
'' Here.'' Veronica passed Jonathan a transparent case. Everyone could see the small piece of the meteor inside, '' I don't recommend opening it, as it is that thing that caused the apocalypse in the first place.''
 
Those who didn't know about that took a step away from it. Jonathan took the case and thanked the woman, ''I know... and thank you.''
 
'Now, we only need to get home.'
 
'' By the way, where are we going?'' Math finally asked that question.
 
Jonathan didn't hide it, '' United States. '' He showed Math and the four pilots exactly where they would land. It was close to the prison, but not too close, '' I checked the gasoline on the planes and helicopters, and it is enough to arrive there.''

After putting the meteor inside the INVENTORY without anyone noticing, thanks to them being distracted making a plan.
 
Jonathan also gave his opinions on their plan when and if needed.
 
'' So we just rush it outside? You said the place is close.''
 
'' It's close, but there are zombies in the area. I managed to avoid them because it was only me, but I don't know what would happen if 500 people went at the same time.'' Jonathan gave his opinion.
 
'' So, how about 10 trips with 50 people each time?''
 
'' It's almost night. We are already fucked with sunlight, imagine without it.''
 
'' But we don't really have many options.''
 
After some back and forth, it was decided that 10 trips with small intervals was their better choice.
 
And so they did that. Jonathan had to guide them, so he had to go on all trips and be at the front. He looked at the first group and said, '' A pilot will go on the first trip, and in case something goes wrong, he will escape with the people there. You all already know this, but please don't make any noise.''
 
After checking one more time, Jonathan and the first group made their way towards where the planes and helicopters were stationed.
 
Surprisingly, it went without a hitch, and not even 10 minutes later, Jonathan was back at the house to lead another group.
 
By the way, Veronica and Math were in the first group, alongside the scientists families. Jonathan made sure that happened, as he promised them he would do his best to help their families.
 
But not everything was that good. After nine trips and with everyone already placed in their respective planes or helicopters, something went wrong on the last trip.
 
No one knew when, but a zombie in the area noticed them. Surprisingly, instead of using its hive mind and attacking the human with the element of surprise, it screamed.
 
The problem was that the scream incapacitated almost everyone, with Jonathan being the first to react and shooting it in the head with a rifle a few times and killing it.
 
But he too was hit by the shockwave and noticed blood coming out of his ears. ' What the fuck was that!?'
 
Regardless, Jonathan did his best to help everyone on their feet and said, '' They already know we are here, so RUN!''
 
That scream probably attracted every zombie in the area, so they only had a few minutes to reach their destination. But the scream really hurt some, so they were slowed down.
 
After everyone started running, they soon arrived and rushed to their respective planes or helicopters. It was very cramped, but it was enough to fit everyone.
 
Math noticed Jonathan didn't enter, '' What are you doing!?''
 
After the scream, Jonathan's hearing was a little affected, but he heard what Math said and smiled. And, with the blood that was pouring out of his ears, it looked a little weird, '' I can escape anytime, and someone needs to hold them.'' 
 
When Math looked where Jonathan was pointing, he broke into a cold sweat. A huge horde was getting close.
 
'' You guys need time to take flight; I'll give you that time.'' Jonathan then passed a radio to Math, '' I'll soon contact you.''
 
Math wanted to say something but held back, ''See you soon.''
 
After that, every plane or helicopter started to take off. It was going to take some time, as the place was cramped.
 
Now, only Jonathan and the sleeping Alice stayed behind. After looking at the horde coming in his direction, Jonathan wasn't afraid. In open areas, he didn't have to fear them, only if Nemesis or other special zombies appeared. And even then, he had the confidence he could escape.
 
Soon, the first, second, and third planes and helicopters took flight, leaving only the last one. But the zombies arrived.
 
BOOM
 
As soon as they did, however, an explosion took place. In the time it took for the zombies to arrive, Jonathan had already prepared a few traps in advance.
 
BANGBANG
 
And right after the explosion, Jonathan started shooting with a machine gun, killing the evolved zombies like they were nothing. 
 
BOOMM
 
The ones who managed to escape the shots were destroyed by the explosives.
 
Jonathan was continuously retreating, as his goal wasn't to kill them all; he just wanted enough time for the plane to leave. And he didn't have to wait long, as the plane finally left.
 
' Good.'
 
Immediately after that, Jonathan took out a car from the INVENTORY, put Alice on the passenger side, entered the car, turned it, flipped the bird to the zombies, and left the area.
 
---
 
After getting enough distance from the zombies, Jonathan got out of the car, put it on the INVENTORY, took out the same helicopter he had used to arrive in the first place, and after placing Alice inside, made his way towards the scientists.
 
Now, after getting all 15 of them inside the helicopter and saying that their families were safe, Jonathan took flight towards his home.

 


Thanks for the support!

4