65 – The Last Fight (2)
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( Lines of defense: 1 - Mines/Bombs to slow down the zombies;
2 - Holes/Pit that make the zombies fall and slow down;
3 - Jonathan and Alice, outside the wall/fence;
4 -  30 % of the residents use rocket launchers/explosives to reduce the zombies numbers;
5 - 60% of the residents stayed behind the wall/fence, killing the zombie that managed to pass Alice and Jonathan;
6 - 10% of the residents kill the zombies that manage to pass all other lines of defense;)

 


Jonathan noted that Alice power's , that made the zombies docile in Paris didnt work here. He ddint know why, but assumed it was because of the evolution , that somehow made the new zombies immune to her. ' Of course, we need to check it for real later, our focus now should be the fight.'

Putting this on the back of his mind, Jonathan continued looking to the 'battlefield'.

It didn't take long for the booms to start. By the time Jonathan could see the horde, a good few thousand had died.

The problem was that there were still a lot of zombies.

The mines were the first wall of defense, and what followed was a huge hole the survivors had dug. As they didn't know exactly where the zombies would attack, they dug around the whole area of the city/prison.

BOOOOMM

The explosion continued, and Jonathan hoped those would be enough to kill the zombies. But reality often is disappointing, as some Nemesis' emerged from the smoke.

Jonathan immediately used his radio, '' Focus on the big ones! Use all your explosives at them!''

What followed was a barrage of rockets going in every Nemesis' direction. Jonathan knew from his fight with them in Paris that 3 shots should be enough, ' I don't know if he was weakened by his fight with Alice, so this will confirm if it's enough or not.'

Soon enough, the answer was 3. The problem was, ' I don't think we have enough Rocktes.'

While Jonathan did stockpile in a huge quantity, he didn't know if it was enough for this horde.

' I know it's supposed to be the last horde, but damn! Why the hell are there so many!?'

Jonathan roughly calculated at least 500 thousand zombies. While the humans only had 30 thousand.

Of course, Jonathan knew they still had a chance, thanks to their preparation, but the zombies could still increase their power while the humans, without Jonathan SHOP, didn't have infinite ammo.

Regardless of the number, the humans had to fight. Jonathan looked at Eve and Nathanael and said,  ''Go to your positions, and good luck.''

'' You too.'' Nathanael and Eve then rushed to their positions.

Jonathan looked all around him and thought, ' We all have our jobs. Let's go do mine.' He then started to run toward the frontline.

After he arrived there, only he and Alice were in that location. Jonathan asked after seeing Alice's serious expression, '' Are you ready?''

Alice stopped looking at the zombies approaching and looked at Jonathan with surprise, '' I should be the one who said that. Only one of us has 'superpowers'.''

Jonathan smiled widely, '' What you see from now on, keep it a secret... You know what, they already suspect something is wrong anyway, one more stranger thing would change nothing.''

Under the shocked gaze of Alice, Jonathan wore an armor he took from the INVENTORY, made a round shield appear out of thin air, followed by a rifle that soon disappeared after Jonathan shook his head, being replaced by a rocket launcher.

After that, Jonathan looked at the still shell-shocked Alice. He said sarcastically, '' What? Did you think you're the only one with 'superpowers'?''

Alice could only say, '' How?''

Jonathan shrugged, '' No idea, I just had this since birth. Only used for real when the apocalypse started.''

It was a lie, but that is the story Jonathan will use in the future if the others find out about his powers.

Alice finally felt her doubts were answered, '' ... So that's how you took out the rocket launcher against Nemesis in Paris.''

'' Yes.''

She then started to remember the things the survivors from Paris said about the helicopters, planes, cars, bombs, etc.

Alice connected the dots and realized it was Jonathan who gave all that to them. She looked at him like he was a monster, '' What's your limit?''

Jonathan smiled kindly, but to Alice, it looked a little bit crazy,'' Let's hope we never have to find it out.''

BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Both looked at the sound of the explosion. This one was closer than the one before, and they could see the zombies managed to overcome the holes they made by using their fallen comrades as a pothole. They would vaporize sometime later, thanks to the rocket launcher, but that would take time.

And, until that happened, the zombies continued approaching thanks to that bridge.

Alice and Jonathan looked at each other, nodded, and started to run towards the zombies.

Their fighting styles were clearly different from one another, but the results were the same. As long as they acted, zombies died.

Of course, as it was two against thousands, some zombies ignored them and continued going in the direction of the prison. But there's a reason as to why only Jonathan and Alice were in the front.

----
WITH NATHANAEL

The sound of the explosions around the prison almost made him unable to hear his own thoughts, but Nathanael was fixated on something in front of him.

Nathanael was at a vantage point, along with a few others, with his modified rifle, and was watching Alice and Jonathan fight against the zombies.

Ok, it was not a fight, more like a massacre. Jonathan was killing zombies left and right with guns, using the shield on his back as protection, and the zombies who managed to get close to him were decapitated with a sword. Not a single zombie managed to scratch him, not even pose a threat yet.

Nathanael could even see some weapons disappear in thin air and reappear later. It was quite the sight.

Alice wasn't any different, as she used her bare hands to kill zombies. One punch, and a zombie fell. Of course, as she was fighting in close quarters, she was scratched a few times, but her status as a hybrid made the wound meaningless, and she continued to fight.

Nathanael then killed a zombie that broke through an area close to both. And, as they were only protecting one area, the others needed more protection.

BANG BANG

The shots never stopped coming, and just as Nathanael was going to look in another direction, he noted a zombie managed to escape Alice and Jonathan and was approaching the wall.

Before Nathanael had a chance to shoot, the zombie was met with a barrage of shots. It died in less than 2 seconds.

Nathanael nodded seeing that, ' We have a chance. As long as we maintain things like this, we can do it!'

Of course, that was true as long as a Nemesis didn't break through Alice and Jonathan.

----

WITH JONATHAN

' They don't stop coming!' While only 30 or so minutes had passed since the battle began, Jonathan was already tired. He calculated that he killed at least 500 to 1000 zombies, maybe even more.

And, even though he had the INVENTORY, at the end of the day, he was still human. He had the KNOWLEDGE, but his body was mortal. So, he was already tired.

The most taxing part was when one lone zombie managed to escape the horde and got close to Jonathan, making him use the blade. And let me tell you, decapitating a zombie isn't an easy task.

Their bodies, thanks to evolution, were stronger than normal, so the force Jonathan had to use was enormous.

He was so tired he considered taking the adrenaline pill he gave Alice in Paris, but he knew the side effects were tremendous. If Alice, with her hybrid body, had to stay in bed for 3 days, imagine him.

So, at least for now, Jonathan ignored the tiredness he was feeling.

BANG

After killing one more zombie, Jonathan noticed that none were approaching him. ' What the hell?'

When he looked at Alice, the same thing happened. She was looking at him in surprise. They both used the opportunity to move closer to each other.

''What's going on?''

'' I don't know, but it doesn't look good...'' Jonathan knew that zombies could think, so this retreat was something they had calculated.

And, in response to Jonathan, the zombies, who realized that where Alice and Jonathan were would not fall, began to disperse and go to other places. When Jonathan realized this, he shouted, "Sons of bitches!''

Jonathan used the radio, ''The zombies that were here started to go to other entrances! Use all the explosives you have, and don't let them in!''

The other areas, which didn't have Jonathan or Alice, were holding the line thanks to the explosives and the holes. But now, with the zombies from their area going to other locations, the situation doesn't look good.

Jonathan quickly made a decision. He looked at Alice and said, "Let's split up and defend other positions. If you're tired, reserve your energy for the Nemesis.''

'' You can leave it-''

SCREEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just as they were about to defend other areas, a scream that Jonathan recognized came from a distance. He put his hand to his ear to try and stop the attack, but without success.

When the scream finally stopped, Jonathan, whose ears were now bleeding, slowly turned towards the location where the scream was coming from, and when he saw the scene in front of him, his pupils dilated.

Even Alice, who was a hybrid, had been affected by the scream. And when she followed Jonathan's line of sight, she shivered a little.

'' That... how are we going to face that?'' Alice asked in a trembling voice.

Jonathan, on the other hand, was calm as he had expected things not to go according to plan. He equipped the rocket launcher again and said to Alice, ''Simple. We just need to keep doing what we were doing... The problem is that there's no way we can go and help the others now."'

The other areas, which were soon going to be under attack from the normal zombies, were in danger.

What stood in front of them was a legion of special zombies. There were several Nemesis and some witches, and they were coming towards them.

To tell the truth, at that very moment, for Jonathan, the Witch was worse than Nemesis because her attack was usually unstoppable. However, after having just been hit, Jonathan used things he had in his INVENTORY to block his ears, hoping that this would somehow stop the Witch's attack.

'At least this is the end of them.' That was what Jonathan was thinking. In the future, perhaps even more witches and Nemesis would attack the prison, but for now, he thought this was all they had in the area. And, if they manage to stop today's attack, humanity will win.

 Jonathan looked at Alice,'' If we kill those, we win.''

Alice, who recovered her fighting spirit after seeing Jonathan so calm, cracked her knuckles and said,  ''Let's end this!''

4