67 – Epilogue
79 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the final fight, no more zombies attacked the prison. Perhaps because of the hive mind, which said that the location of the prison was certain death, or because of other movements.

It didn't matter why, but the prison, and the area around it, was free of zombies, and that wouldn't change for a long time, as SHOP sent one last message to Jonathan.

' CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HOST, WHO SURVIVED THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. ALTHOUGH ZOMBIES STILL EXIST ON A LARGE SCALE, THE SHOP HAS DETERMINED THAT YOU ARE POWERFUL ENOUGH TO RETAKE TERRITORIES IN A FEW DECADES.'

' THEREFORE, THE SHOP WILL DISAPPEAR. OF COURSE, YOU COULD NO LONGER BUY THINGS, BUT YOU STILL RECEIVED ALERTS AND WARNINGS. BUT NOT ANYMORE. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL REMAIN IS THE INVENTORY.'

'GOOD LUCK AND THE SHOP WISHES YOU A LONG AND PROSPEROUS LIFE.'

That was the last message from SHOP to Jonathan, and as it said, for real this time.

Jonathan didn't know how he felt about it, because without SHOP, the world would probably be a lot less dangerous, since the developments only happened because he was in this universe, but, on the other hand, Jonathan only survived these two years of apocalypse because of SHOP and his perks.

With a bittersweet taste in his mouth, Jonathan said goodbye to the SHOP with a bow. However, he remembered one thing, but since SHOP had already disappeared, there was no way he could ask. 'What will happen to Hope's SHOP?'

Remembering that Jonathan's daughter had inherited his old SHOP, so she had the same power as him. 'Does it still exist? And if it does, is there a problem?'

The world became more dangerous because of his existence, so it wasn't strange to think that the same could happen because of his daughter, who had the same power as him.

Regardless, the current Jonathan wasn't afraid of anything, "It doesn't matter, I - we - will go head-to-head against everything and everyone, just like we've always done since the beginning.'

Putting his troubles aside, Jonathan looked at the remaining survivors. Of the 30 - 40 thousand survivors, 20 thousand had survived.

It was a good number, but too few to start retaking the territory from the zombies. The old estimate of the population of the United States was 300m before the apocalypse, which meant that the 20,000 survivors here would have to face 300m of zombies to retake their country.

But, no matter how difficult the task, Jonathan was confident that they would retake the country in a decade or two, 'We're immune now.'

They were really immune since even Jonathan had been scratched in the last fight and didn't turn into a zombie.

"Which means that unless they focus on killing us for good, we're fine.''

What the humans needed now was time, and with SHOP's message, it seemed that time was what they had plenty of.

' Well, now we have to think not just about surviving, but about taking back everything that is rightfully ours. It's going to take years, but we're going to make it, I'm sure of it.'

With the 'weapons' Jonathan had at his disposal, like Alice and what her DNA/blood could do, together with Umbrella scientists, it was something humanity could look forward to.

' I just hope I don't lose my way with so much power in my hands...' Jonathan knew that now that the apocalypse was half over, the power of what was left of the world was in his hands. He could say that Gabriel, Rick, and Samantha also had the power, but all four of them knew that Jonathan was the one calling the shots for the time being.

Looking at the world outside the prison walls, Jonathan saw a range of possibilities opening up for him and his group. ' First, to organize what was left of the prison and plan the retaking of the United States. Secondly, before the country is retaken, go around the world by spreading the cure(according to the scientists' calculations, the amount of cure they have is enough for the whole world). Thirdly, to put into practice what they planned in the first step.'

Although the second step was a mystery on how long it would take, and since Jonathan wasn't so sure that there were other survivors besides them, he still decided to go ahead with the plan, since although the chance was slim, there was still a chance. ' I highly doubt there were other survivors out there.'

The evolution alone was bad enough, now with Nemesis in the mix, the possibility of having survivors other than here was slim. Regardless, he would still spread the cure to the whole world.

'But that's for later, right now I just want to rest.'

The fight had been over for less than two days and Jonathan had no energy left for anything. He laid down on the floor, 'I'm going to get some sleep. They can do without me for a few hours.'

----

Jonathan was even busier after he woke up. When he relayed the news that they probably wouldn't be attacked anymore, thanks to Alice's powers (it was a half lie, since she did have this power, but it didn't work in the final fight), the humans quickly wanted to take back their home, since 20,000 people was still a large number for the prison to house.

However, Jonathan quickly stopped that idea. Looking at all the people in the meeting room, he said, ''That's for later, now our focus is on releasing the cure to the world. I'm going to do that, so any major move is to be held back until I return."

Rick, Gabriel, and Samantha nodded, but the other important people there didn't seem to agree.

Jonathan scoffed at them, ''You may think that just because we're humans we're invincible, but let me tell you something, zombies can still kill us, easily in fact. We don't know how many Nemesis or Witches there are, so it's idiotic to try to get out of the prison without everyone together.''

'' Just look at our last fight, we won but still lost a lot of people, and that was because we were defending. If we attack without every single weapon we have ... '' Jonathan didn't continue, but everyone knew the result if they did that.

Death.

That made every one pause. They knew that Jonathan wasn't lying, as they also fought the war, so any idea they had of retaking the country without everyone on board was out of their minds.

''Give me a few days, and we'll take back our homes. I promise.''

Everyone agreed and Jonathan set off on another journey.

 

---

Jonathan could have taken the quickest route, which was simply to disperse the cure through the block, but he decided to do something that would take longer, but which would also pass on information to the survivors.

He was going from country to country, releasing the cure and dropping leaflets that the cure was being used in the country.

Of course, as he was doing this very quickly, the leaflets couldn't go everywhere in the country, but Jonathan knew that more effort than that would lead to nothing, as he didn't even know if there were any survivors elsewhere.

However, he continued this process for days. Sometimes Jonathan thought he had seen some kind of camp of survivors and when the helicopter or plane he was using at the time came down, he was disappointed to find that there were no survivors.

With this slow method, Jonathan completed the process of spreading the cure in 1 month. It took a while, but it was because of Jonathan's meticulousness, as he wanted to warn everyone about the cure and the dangers that still surrounded him.

Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Cuba, Japan.

Jonathan passed through every country in the world, and he even warned that the United States would start retaking their territory in a few months and encouraged people to migrate there.

After he was satisfied, Jonathan returned home to begin the second step of the plan. Which made him sigh, because it would take a VERY LONG TIME.

---

YEARS LATER

"Judith, where are you? A girl, who looked about 18, was standing in the middle of the road and shouting her friend's name.

"Where has she been this time?" Hope could only sigh at this situation, "Well, I can't complain too much because I do the same things as her.''

RUSTLE

As soon as she heard a noise in the forest beside the road, a rifle instantly materialized in Hope's hand, '' Who's there?''

Silence. There was no more noise.

It could be something bad, like a Witch or a Nemesis, but Hope didn't seem too worried. With the powers she had, hardly anyone could fight her, ' Well, Dad and Auntie Alice aside. Those two are above everyone's league. Besides, those types of zombies don't exist in the country anymore.'

Hope was still a baby at the time of the retaking of the United States, but according to the stories she'd heard, Jonathan and Alice were always on the front line, taking on the zombies who were stronger than everyone else and giving the humans extra strength.

And they never lost a fight against the zombies. Of course, being immune helped a lot, but Jonathan's powers, which Hope inherited, helped a lot too, not to mention Alice's hybrid status, which gave her superhuman strength.

The humans managed to do something with Alice's blood, but they didn't give other humans powers like Alice, but rather a long life expectancy. The road to this result was arduous, but that's a story for another time.

Hope, seeing that it was nothing, put the rifle back in her INVENTORY and continued looking for Judith.

The two 'adventurers' (that's what their parents and most people called them) often went out exploring, and since the situation with the zombies was 'under control' their parents let them go out quietly.

Of course, Rick and Lori would never admit they only let Judith go out thanks to Hope's powers.

The problem is that recently, zombies have been appearing in large numbers. Remember, even though they took back the United States (it took years), the other 7 billion zombies still existed.

The only thing separating the 100k survivors from the 7b zombies was the sea, but even that wasn't a foolproof solution.

Jonathan noticed this and started asking Hope and Judith not to leave so often, but they didn't listen.

This brings us to the current situation, where Judith has been missing for some time. Of course, Hope trusted her friend, who had been trained by Carl, Alice, and others, but she still worried about her friend.

' We're immune, but zombies can still kill us...'

With a little more haste, Hope continued searching. And it wasn't long before she found Judith, who was standing on the road, looking into the forest.

Hope sighed in relief and approached her, '' What are you looking at?'' She tried to follow Judith's gaze but found nothing.

Judith was sweating a little, ''I think I saw a Nemesis...''

Hope paused, '' ... That should be impossible. Dad and Aunt Alice said they killed all of them.''

Judith nodded but said in a voice filled with worry, '' Yes, they killed all of the ones who were in the country. What about the ones who were in the world?''

Hope didn't hesitate as a car materialized out of nowhere. She said to Judith, ''Enter. We are leaving.''

Judith and everyone else already knew about Jonathan and Hope's powers, so didn't find it weird and entered the car in a hurry, and Hope sped up ahead, toward their home.

While she was worried a little, she trusted her family to protect everyone. ' If the zombies want to kill us all, they would have a LOT of trouble.'

The country wasn't so weak as at the beginning of the apocalypse. No, they were stronger now, since they knew the true enemy was the zombies. No more fighting between humans, only the need to protect your loved ones.

And Jonathan, the so-called leader of everyone, divided the country and territory among other people. Of course, the majority of the people chose to stay close to each other, but some decided to explore. Which wasn't a problem, since the zombies in the country were basically nonexistent.

Pamela took a few states on the other side of the country, and Rick and his group stayed at the prison.

The rest of the country was divided among others, but the family/group who had been together since the beginning stayed together.

Gleen and Maggie's son, Hershel Jr was growing nicely. He also gets out with Judith and Hope sometimes, but recently, he started to stay at home more, to spend more time with his family.

Michonne and her daughter also were stronger than ever, their bond now unbreakable.

Carl and Sophie, to no one's surprise, got together. They were expecting a child this year and were happy.

Jonathan's situation was ... special. He had a relationship with Samantha and Alice, the latter is now pregnant with their first child. There are also rumors he has something going on with Eve, but nothing conclusive. Hope didn't mind her dad's situation.

Nathanael also got married and had a 7 year old daughter. He decided to stay close to the prison.

Rick and Lori were still together, and while Rick used the DNA test Jonathan gave him years ago, he never told the results to anyone. They also had another baby on the way.

Abraham was happy with his family, Rosita and Eugene married, and Gabriel was still running a church, but their symbol of faith was God and ... Jonathan. It was weird, but no one said anything, as it was that big of a problem.

And many other good people who were scattered around the prison and the county.

Hope smiled remembering the force the humans have, ' If the zombies come, they will die, because we are survivors, and this is our history, our tale!'

' We are prepared to face them!'

 


And that's it! Honestly, I could've written more, but I decided to end the epilogue with a few things open, so, if in the future, I somehow decide to write some more chapters ( I doubt I will though) I could continue with that plot ( the zombies coming back, etc). But, I think it's better if you let your imagination decide what happens next.

Thanks for the support!

5