Chapter 168- Seduction
580 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If the woman, for whom you willingly killed yourself and after rebirth, you find the same woman whom you love more than anyone or anything, in someone else's arms...indeed not something any man deserves such a fate.

However, here Arata was, facing the girl of his dreams. The only person he ever yearned for and the girl for whom he wanted to be a better person, was currently in the arms of his rival.

Seeing Seth's arms circled around Maydeath's waist and her arms hugging his neck with her feet supported on her toes, Arata found the agitation he thought he had engraved deep down, resurfacing.

More than anger, it was frustrating for him to see that the girl for whom he sacrificed his life and was grinding himself like a mad man for the past who knows how long, was not even the slightest bit feeling guilty upon being found out in this kind of situation.

More than her, Seth seemed a bit uncomfortable as he slowly let go of Maydeath and separated her from him before approaching Arata. On the other side, Maydeath crossed her arms over her chest and seemed to be displeased by Arata's sudden appearance.

"If you are busy then we can have this chat later... " Arata offered privacy to them and cursed himself for not sensing the area before approaching the gymnasium.

He waited until Serena left but didn't anticipate that Maydeath could arrive this soon.

Despite how much he was burning from inside, Arata didn't let it show on his face. Something he resolved, over the brief period of isolation he took for himself and decided what he wanted from his life.

"No, it's alright. If you are not comfortable here, we can go to my office. "The student council office was open for Seth to use any time since it was locked with a lock to which only three people had access.

By 'not being comfortable', Seth meant whether Arata wanted to share something, which he didn't want Maydeath to listen to, but seeing the Protagonist shaking his head, Seth dropped the idea and patiently waited for the boy to speak.

"It's about Laila...have you tried contacting Your Highness Celine? "

Seth was slightly surprised seeing Arata being concerned about Laila...or was it something else?

Regardless, Seth spoke in a neutral tone, "I haven't told her about anything but knowing her, she must have already 'seen' the whole situation most probably. But the fact she didn't send any letter indicates that she doesn't have any clue about Laila as well. "

Seth didn't want to rely on Celine more than necessary because of certain reasons. And as he said, Celine surely would have sent her soul spirit to let Seth know if she would have any clue of Laila's whereabouts.

Arata nodded in understanding at the words as he began pondering any possible clue he could remember about the old man or the treasure from the knowledge of his previous iteration. However, considering that Seth was the person who read the novel the most times in their previous life, yet he still wasn't able to find any conclusive evidence, made Arata, soon discouraged.

"Well, I have a way to search for the old man who knew about the treasure which could lead us to Laila somehow, but before that, I want to ask you something. "

Arata raised his head in Seth's direction before raising his brows, urging the bespectacled senior to speak.

"Tell me your interest in finding Laila. " Seth knew that Arata most probably held no affection for Laila whatsoever. He had no other interest in finding the girl as well.

Then what remained was, "The treasure...I want 'that Ring'. "

Arata wasn't requesting rather he showed desperation in his tone and Seth knew the reason behind such a request.

The ring he was talking about was a Preservation Ring that would help Arata control his innate powers of the Thunder Emperor more efficiently. Arata would have already obtained that ring if only during their venture to the temple, Arata would have gotten stuck inside the vault rather than Serena and Seth.

Seth didn't contemplate much since he wouldn't gain any benefit from the ring as he nodded and proposed his idea, "I can take help of Celine by sharing my memories of that old man and how he looks. However, we both know that the old man isn't a normal guy who could remain in the same place so I need to track him down quickly."

The old wise nomad was a restless guy who traveled across the world while gaining and sharing knowledge with anyone he found worthy. In the novel, the old man takes some trials of Arata before he hands him the treasure piece and the information regarding the other two pieces.

At that time, Arata had already professed his love for Serena and had grown quite close to her over time, so for her to gain her family heirloom for Arata wasn't a difficult task. And the last piece was obtained through brute force.

But the situation here was stuck in the whereabouts of the old man since more than treasure, Laila's safety seemed to have gained priority in Seth's mind.

"Hmm...then why aren't you taking her help?" Arata's voice helped Seth walk out of his daze as he saw Arata's thumb raised toward the only female in the gymnasium.

Seth frowned a bit only to find his eyes stretching slightly before he called out for the girl, "Maydea-"

"I won't do it."

Maydeath, who already arrived near the two and had been hearing the conversation since the start, answered straightforwardly, without leaving any room for argument.

Seth narrowed his gaze at the stubborn girl who wasn't looking him in the eyes and rigidly held her stance.

"Well, when you leave, inform me as well. I might be able to help. "

Arata knew Seth would somehow convince the girl but he didn't have any intention of watching the process. He didn't hold any trait of being a cuck so he rather decided to retreat as soon as he could.

Seth nodded at the guy before Arata dashed away, leaving a streak of lightning behind.

'He's getting a hold of his powers.. ' Seth noted.

In contrast to the immature and repulsive Arata Seth had to tolerate during the Tournament, this version of the Protagonist was much more appreciated.

However, Seth soon disregarded other thoughts and turned to look at the girl.

Her ability would be best suited to find that old man and if coupled with the 'Link' Anabelle possesses, it would become exponentially easier to find that wise oldie.

And given that Anabelle and Maydeath were the only ones he could share information about the plot freely, it becomes even more vital to convince the girl.

However, looking at her stubborn front, Seth knew he couldn't use any forceful method so he slowly dropped his annoyance and made his way toward the girl.

'!!!' Maydeath's body becomes stiff feeling Seth's long arm coiling around her waist and his hot breath hitting her cheeks.

"Let's spend some more time back in my villa, shall we? "

Her heartbeat accelerated, arms which were folded over her chest began to soften up a bit as in between her laboured breathing she side-glanced at him and asked in a weak tone, "F-For what? "

Seth's eyes seemed excessively alluring and hot at the moment with his manly scent dominating her senses, preventing her from thinking rationally.

His following words only elevated her already banging heart as his whispers sent a shiver down her spine, "I...want to seduce you to help me."

Even though he was stating explicitly that he was looking to take advantage of her, Maydeath couldn't help agreeing with him.

"I...w-will consider a-after observing y-your efforts.... "

****

A/N: - Damn.

If you didn't understand something in the chapter, comment it down.

16