Chapter 171- Worried Mother
470 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Seth...I know you have grown up and have been taking on numerous responsibilities ever since you joined the academy but if possible let me know if some major issue arises. Whether I could help or not is something that depends on the situation, but as a mother, I worry for your safety every single day when you are not in front of my eyes."

Hearing the Duchess' worried tone, Seth knew that she had received the news about Laila and his search that could lead to her whereabouts.

He didn't plan on telling her about this matter but alas.

"I understand your concern Mother but considering how you have to manage the dukedom and help in the central administration from time to time as well...I opt to tell you once everything resolves."

Valarie remained silent at that, gazing at her son's sincere eyes.

After a brief pause, she asked, "Do you need any kind of help from me or any of my subordinates? Any letter of permission or someone you want me to introduce you to?"

Seth was aware that the Duchess had a vast spectrum of connections with people across continents and given her status in the Empire summed up with her terrifying strength as an individual, people desired to make some kind of connection with her.

If someone was influential on the same level as the Emperor of Ranghaur, then it was her.

But, "I appreciate the offer, but I need to do this on my own. And...with the assistance of the Shadow Army, I think I have more than enough support to accomplish what I desire."

Truth be told, Seth's indication was the treasure when he said 'Desire' but for Valarie, it seemed her son was still interested in Laila to fasten up his search.

She didn't say anything about it for the time being since she trusts Seth enough to not pry in every, small to small matter. Valarie just needs to ensure that the women who would soon step up from the status of lovers and become Seth's wives are actually worthy to be with him.

"Have you had breakfast?"

Seth walked toward the table before he poured some water for his mother. Valarie took the glass with a silly smile which told Seth her answer already.

"I will tell Lara to prepare some pancakes for you as well-"

"No pancakes!"

Seth raised his brows since pancakes were amongst those things his mother dearly liked.

But before he could have asked the reason for this sudden aversion, Valarie continued, "That girl...Maydeath, right? Are you serious about her?"

Seth didn't think much before nodding his head.

He has long accepted the fact that Maydeath wouldn't leave him even if he tries to avoid her and after what happened between them it was not like Seth could just shrug her off and continue living like she doesn't exist at all.

And most importantly, Seth needed Maydeath for a far greater purpose than romance.

Valarie's lips extended in a gorgeous smile that could have captivated a crowd of people regardless of gender as she chirped in a tone that betrayed her age, "Then...I am going to have breakfast with my daughter-in-law~"

Seth sighed as he saw his mother walking away with a cheerful demeanor.

The reason she rejected pancakes emerges from the fact that she wants to look mature from Maydeath's perception. And from this world's point of view, being mature while eating pancakes is contradictory.

"*Sigh* I didn't get to talk about Haruka with her..."

Postponing the conversation he needed to have with his mother relating to his lover, Seth walked downstairs as well.

****
An unspoken request that Seth fulfilled by staying away from the living room since his mother wanted to have a chat with Maydeath in isolation.

Well, Lara was with them so Seth wasn't much worried.

In the backyard, he currently was playing passing the ball with his sweet munchkin.

"Careful, Lili," Seth warned the girl since while throwing the ball she exerted a little too much strength and was about to trip.

"I have got this, brother! Lili isn't your regular kid anymore." With her small hands pressed on her waist, Liliana announced, trying to not pant in exhaustion in between her speech.

Due to her unique circumstances, Liliana gets tired really soon and for her to roam around freely outside was never an option. Thankfully, today it was cloudy outside so the little one had some fun time to enjoy with her big brother.

"Alright, let's stop now," Seth said as he began walking toward the little princess with the ball now thrown into a corner.

"But-but, I am not *huff* tired at all..." Lilian brought her pale thin brows together to show how desperately she wanted to play a little more with her brother.

"It's not you, but me who's tired." Seth was aware of how she was pushing herself to spend as much time as she could with him, so he chose the other route to persuade the girl.

"Is that so brother...should I get you some water?" Liliana seemed ready to dart inside the house and bring water for Seth even though she seemed more in need of some hydration.

Seth chuckled watching the antics of the adorable ball of energy before he pulled a small container of water from his spatial storage and helped Liliana to drink it slowly.

After Liliana finished drinking water with an audible *Puah* Seth led the princess toward the tea table and told the maid to bring some snacks and honey milk for the little girl.

Seth was pulling a chair for Liliana but the girl seemed hesitant and wanted something else.

Understanding the little girl's unspoken demand, Seth couldn't help smiling as he sat on his chair and rested Liliana over his left thigh.

In Liliana's eyes, Seth was a father figure but unlike her actual father, Liliana seemed a little more spoiled in Seth's presence. Well, Seth had no issue with that since he had the experience of being a big brother from his past life.

"So how are things going back at home? Is Keith being good to Lili?"

Hearing the words, Liliana remained silent for a bit with her head tilted to the right before she spoke in an uncertain tone, "Big brother Keith has indeed changed but he has become even busier than before after he began helping mother."

Seth made a mental note to help out Keith once he(Seth) gets time and teach him some tricks to deal with paperwork efficiently...only if his little brother allows Seth to teach him anything.

"And about your sister...how is she nowadays?"

It was strange that despite the person in question being just meters away from Seth, he had to ask about Elenaor's well-being from Liliana.

Hearing Seth's query, Liliana seemed to be slightly uneasy as she glanced at her big brother with her innocent pearly eyes before she spoke in a timid voice, "Big brother, about sister El..."

***

A/N: - Some bonding time and SOL before we move with the plot.

I hope you guys didn't get bored.

Drop a comment~

16