Chapter 175- You dare?!
362 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anabelle had been annoyed since the time her gaze landed on the redhead named Maydeath. The clingy bitch who has been following Seth since last life even though the latter never reciprocated her feelings.

Anabelle knew Maydeath wasn't his type...well, even Anabelle wasn't either but at least Anabelle knows much more about Seth than anyone else. Maydeath was just a fool maiden who fell in love with someone who could never be her...

...or what she used to believe.

'Why she seems so smug today...' Anabelle has been keenly observing the girl sitting beside her and for some reason, Anabelle found something different in Maydeath, compared to her previous self.

In Anabelle's eyes, Maydeath seemed a little more mature? Yes, that was the word. But how could a person change this much in so little time?

Not only Maydeath was speaking a lot calmly even though it was her beloved Seth the person asking the questions, but Maydeath also seemed immune to Anabelle's taunts whatsoever.

"This place has no name...strange..." Arata's voice pulled her attention as her gaze also landed on the scenery on display outside of the small window carved on either side of the carriage.

The place where that old man could be found was on the outskirts near the border area, where mostly refugees and homeless civilians reside.

The soldiers fed these people with the food and supplies they charge as taxes from the traders. For someone to live without the need to earn whatsoever, this place seemed perfect...only if the living conditions could have been a little better.

All around the place were broken houses and shattered buildings. Since this place came near the war zone, it was inevitable for the region to be in shambles. However, no one complains about it until they can get two times worth of food and a place to sleep.

"This place remains unnamed considering how it could confuse the militant headquarters back in the capital between the border region and the town's name."

Seth's reply held the to-the-point logic which brought a nod from Arata. Anabelle couldn't help but sigh in awe at how handsome Seth looked whenever he said something so seriously.

Turning her gaze toward Maydeath, Anabelle was expecting a similar reaction but ....she was just smiling!

'Why is she giving me a vibe of an understanding wife-wait!' Realization dawned upon the teenager as her eyes widened in shock and horror.

She remembered that in the morning, Seth and Maydeath arrived at the same time to her dorm, which indicates that most likely they were together. And the scent on Seth's clothes matched the perfume Maydeath wore...

....which means...

"HALT!"

Before Anabelle could have properly reacted to the realization, a thunderous voice echoed from outside and their carriage slowly came to a halt.

"Must be town guards." Seth took out a parchment and a small pouch from his spatial storage before he stepped out of the carriage.

Arata wordlessly followed since it seemed he was having a hard time sitting in one place for this long.

Being left alone, Anabelle instantly jumped from her seat to acquire the place where Seth previously sat and faced the redhead.

"Tell me something...you didn't have touched my Seth in any way that could force me to break the contract and bisect you in half, right?"

It wasn't a question but the borderline threat that suggested grave implications if Anabelle didn't hear a desirable answer here.

Maydeath allowed her brows to elevate a little before she crossed her left leg over the other, and rested her elbow over her knee with her chin over her knuckles. A grin spread across her lips, much to Anabelle's annoyance.

"You are aware that if you try to breach the contract you would no longer be able to wield Soul energy and possibly die under the harsh tribulations, right? Well, I couldn't be any more happy to see you go through the suffering, so do try to attack me, my dear Anabelle~"

Anabelle growled under her breath with her nails digging into her palms. But before she could retort the woman, Maydeath added something that worked as a harsh blade over the thin knot of restraint, Anabelle had been sustaining thus far.

"Oh, and if you are curious...then yes, last night, I and Seth slept together. Ahh~ how passionate he was~"

****

Outside the carriage, Seth was verifying the paper which allowed him to travel anywhere in the continent other than some 'certain areas' that come under the category of Prohibited section.

Seth knew the purpose of those prohibited areas but he didn't have any plans on poking his fingers in there, knowing full well, how even his mother wouldn't support him in this as of now.

"Four people and a coachman understood. Please sign here."

Seth took the fountain pen from the security in charge before he bent down to scribble his name at the corner of the page when suddenly...

BOOM

All the guards along with Seth and Arata—who was stretching his limbs nearby—turned to look at the carriage which was destroyed by the massive eruption of something from inside.

Thankfully, the coachman also got off a moment ago because of nature's call or he might also have been crushed by that explosion.

'Oh lord....why now...' Seth couldn't help cursing under his breath, as he saw the thick branch protruding from the slit of the ground with Anabelle standing on top of that curved tree branch.

It was Anabelle's domain. If she couldn't find wilderness around, she would grow one.

"M-Mister Seth...I d-don't think the townspeople would ever welcome a person so dangerous like her..."

The guard couldn't help muttering as he saw the tides of Soul energy overflowing out of Anabelle while her opponent—Maydeath stood calmly as if nothing worth mentioning had occurred.

Under the terrified eyes of the civilians nearby and the guards positioned at the entrance, Anabelle called forth two large and thick stems of a massive ten-foot plant that had an enormous flower bud fixated at the top.

Seth sighed and conjured the Spell nullification transparent sphere at the tip of his index finger before shooting it toward Anabelle.

"Don't worry, Chief. I would make sure she doesn't go berserk like this again..."

As he thought, he shouldn't have left the two women alone.
****

Meanwhile, far away from the place where the mini battle broke out and soon was dispelled, inside a ghostly dark cavern could be seen a certain girl.

Her hands were tied and extended in the opposite direction with her head hanging low, sprawling her once lovely pink hair all over her face.

The only thing she could do in this situation was think about a name and whenever she thought about him, a drop of tear always trickled down her cheek.

"Help me...Seth...."

****

A/N:- Drop a comment~

14