Chapter 178- Unexpected assessment~2!
345 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maydeath was anxious about something which was not Seth for the first time.

She had endured countless hardships, conquering every obstacle that might have caused someone of her age to yield. Nevertheless, at this moment, she found herself ensnared in turmoil and distress.

'What the heck is that thing... ' Once a temple spawns, it takes days before the runes become weak and can no longer prevent the monsters within the temple from appearing out of the confines.

However, there was no temple nearby whatsoever, yet this high-ranking monster appeared before them, showing strength rivaling Tier 1 or maybe above.

"Spawn: Spartans!" Slamming her palms down on the ground, she chanted a spell before eight humanoid figures erupted from the ground, reaching a height almost the chest height of the Oni.

They had a set of shields and swords in their possession, as they charged toward the one-eyed monsters from different angles.

However, [Grruuog!]

The monstrous creature unleashed a mighty stomp, its tremendous strength causing the very ground to quake beneath the sheer force of its power. In response, the summoned earthen soldiers swiftly crumbled to the ground, overpowered by the earth-shattering display of might.

Even Maydeath and Arata, who were standing side by side, fell to the ground followed by Anabelle due to the heavy pressure extruded by the giant's massive leg.

Seth uses his levitation just at the right moment with his arms crossed on his chest and a serious expression adorning his face.

'Focus Maydeath...focus! '

Snatching her gaze away from Seth Maydeath looked back at the Oni, only to realize that it hadn't moved even a bit even though its oppositions were currently off guard.

'Is it mockery...or simply confidence?'

Maydeath was unable to discern, but the thing she was sure about, was the endurance of this monster, which was unbelievable in every sense.

Nothing was working against that thick skin of the monster. It was just turning hopeless.

"Maydeath, Arata."

Landing beside the two, Seth called out for them as he brought out a scary amount of daggers and spears from spatial storage one after another.

"Maydeath, create flame lances and amplify them with your thunder, Arata."

"That would be useless, you know?"

Arata's counterpoint was well-founded, as up to this point they had unleashed a barrage of attacks on the monster, all to no avail...

Yet, for Maydeath, when her beloved gave a command, there was no room for doubt or hesitation.

Channeling her soul energy, she spawned more than twenty flame lances above her head, arranged side by side.

Arata exhaled, sensing the warmth of the lances. He then raised his hand skyward, causing the clouds to rumble. With a swift downward slash, he summoned a bolt of thunder from the heavens that intertwined with the lances.

"On my mark, shoot the lances from different angles Maydeath. Try to cover as much as you can." While he spoke, Seth retrieved over thirty daggers and spears from his storage, each of high quality, with some even adorned with attached artifacts.

With a mere hand gesture from Seth, all the weapons started to levitate, their tips aimed at the monster. What was truly remarkable was the way each spear and dagger began spinning rapidly, signaling the potential threat they represented if directed at a single target.

"On my mark." As Seth spoke he raised his left hand. Maydeath put her focus on the lances with her eyes trained on the target.

A measly half a second later, Maydeath launched her lances upon hearing the command.

"Fire!"

All those fifty projectiles marched toward the monster from different angles, swiftly changing direction yet not colliding with one another even once. The monster roamed its eye all around while visually assessing the incoming attacks, yet its position remained still.

There was no possible escape from this attack unless the monster doesn't warp away.

As the assault neared the monster, it crossed its arms over its expansive chest. An almost imperceptible energy emanated from it, rapidly expanding outward like a repulsion field. This force halted every incoming projectile in its path instantaneously.

Just as the monster unhooked its arms the repulsion force rendered every spear and dagger useless before they fell to the ground. The flame lances just disappeared into thin air like they never existed in the first place.

But the moment the monster uncrossed its arms and opened its massive eye, something long and pointed pierced into its eye, eliciting a ground-quaking roar from the creature.

[GRUUUUUUUUOOOOGH!!]

The earth trembled as the monster methodically extracted the massive spear from its eye. It was the largest in Seth's arsenal, yet its impact seemed minimal, causing only a faint redness within the monster's eye.

Just as the monster plucked out the weapon, it began searching for the individual the monster needed to look out for...only to realize that someone was missing from the group.

[!!!]

Abruptly, the monster angled its colossal head skyward, spotting a vast spherical object hurtling towards it at an alarming speed.

With no time to evade, the monster lowered its head to brace for the impact...only to realize the grave error in its judgment.

**DOOOOOOM**

The sound of collision reverberated profoundly across the battlefield as the silver sphere struck the monster's head with a weight akin to 20 tonnes.

The monster grunted before its body began falling toward the ground.

*DHAKK*

The ground shook slightly as the huge body of the Oni crashed onto the surface with the heavy spere still pressing it down like a paperweight.

"ANABELLE!!" Seth, who was levitating just above the monster in a haggard state, shouted the name before the ground around the monster cracked and massive wines erupted out of nowhere.

Within a mere twenty seconds, the vines had wrapped around the Oni, ensnaring and completely immobilizing the creature.

Once Seth ensured that the monster could no longer move, he breathed a sigh of relief and released his hold of psychokinesis from the orb he had borrowed from the school training ground.

He had been lifting the orb before even the battle started since he knew he would have to hit the monster with his best. And since it takes time for the sphere to gain considerable weight, he had to prolong this fight for this long.

'Well, it's finally over...'

Just as Seth was about to land on the ground, his senses alerted him of a presence, urging him to take a swift turn.

"It seems you have bullied my pet rather brutally..."

From the clouds of dust emerged the face Seth had been desiring to see for some days now....

The old man was here.

****

A/N:- How was the fight scene? Still boring?😅

Drop a comment~

8