Chapter 2
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mommy..." Lily mumbled in her sleep while silently crying... Of fond memories... A time before daddy. 

She remembers it as if it were yesterday. When mommy died she was put into the foster system... Which brings not fond memories... You see Lily is different from your average child, she's gifted or rather has a superpower. 

Usually, people who have superpowers are under the EPO radar and are trained to be enforcers. But Lily's superpower is the peak of humans, mentally and physically. 

She can't create fireballs or has super speed. Really she's an all-rounder which gives her high potential, daddy was the one to notice it before the EPO did. 

If you think about it a human at peak physical potential could lift 1 thousand pounds or run close to or above 30 mph. 

Mentally she would be up there with Albert Einstein and other mentally gifted people. Daddy gave her the love she dearly needed and the freedom from the toxic expectations of being an enforcer. 

Which she's grateful for plus she grew to love daddy with all her heart! She doesn't mind killing people as long as it makes him happy! Her first hit netted them 100 mill which is enough to live comfortably. 

'Now we're in the big leagues of assassins Lily! We're on the level of the JFK assassination!' A warm feeling would come from her heart seeing her daddy happy... 

EPO detective Hound P.O.V

I always have a 99% success rate of solving cases but this is the most important case of all... Investigating the death of my superior, or rather once superior while I didn't really care about James, I'll admit he kept things in order in society... 

He deterred the most daring of criminals but... He's mortal like everyone else... He can die too... He's not invincible... The sad truth is we're still humans. 

No matter if we can lift 10 thousand pounds... I look seriously at the security footage repeatedly watching for any clues... The assassins are blurs on the screen but one odd thing is... 

One is child size which raises red flags but is beaten down by logic such as they have a genetic condition called dwarfism. 

But one of them possibly being a child is noted down mentally, but the child-size one exhibits the mannerisms of a little girl... 

But there's no way a little girl could do this so they would have to be an adult that acts like a child... Ah, I keep coming back to them being a child which is concerning... Hopefully, they're not a child, or else the EPO will suffer a massive PR blow...

1