Chapter 2 the small elf
46 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was four or five hours to sundown when the old man decided to leave the tower.

he would have left earlier but he wanted to make sure the rat was ok and had enough food before leaving he might be gone for a day or 2.

with his coat on he felt the first trickles of rain hit his hand.

I do like rain so this is fine he said

with that he started on his way.

after about thirty minutes of walking the rain had reached its peak and was now coming down hard.

alright, he said I'll set up camp for the night.

with that, he pulled out a small orb and focused, imagining the earth hardening and being cut into slabs, and with the thought set in his mind he lifted his hand up in the air.

as soon as he lifted his hand earth burst from the ground and formed a small hut.

He entered the hut and sat down sighing.

ahhh I'll make the rest of the trip tomorrow.

could he have stopped the tragedy if he had kept walking maybe or he would have been added to the tragedy, either way, the past can't be changed. 

(The next day)

Ahh he said as he felt the damp morning air. 

I missed sleeping outside he mused.

Though I didn't have this much back pain when I was younger.

Well time to clean this up he said pulling the same orb from last night

Focusing on the mud hut he imagined the mud crumbling and breaking down returning back to the earth and with a downward gesture the hut crumbled down.

Picking up his bag he continued on his path to the village thinking back to when he first began studying magic.

(80 years prior)

Cmon a man no older then 20 said to a girl we're almost there.

Why can't we wait until the elves have moved out of the area before going a second man said.

Don't be that way Terry said the girl we've been begging Jacob to show us magic for months now.

Thats easy for you to say elan you never sleep Terry said with a sighed.

That just because you eat so much your body thinks it's a bear about to go into hibernation laughed Elan.

Both of you quiet down we don't want to be found by elves or our family's do we whispered Jacob.

And anyway we're here Jacob said as they got to a small hole in the ground.

.......

Really said Elan.

Yea I mean I could work but like for one person said Terry.

One word magic said Jacob as he took a small stick with different symbols scratched into it and waved it in a circle causing the hole to open up and widen enough for for someone to crawl through.

Cmon Jacob said as he started crawling through the hole.

Umm how will we get the dirt out of our clothes after this asked Elan.

Maagiic replied Jacob from the hole.

Oh yea magic sighed Elan.

Well ladies second said Terry.

Oh haha fine but just so you know if you get stuck I'm not going to be able to help push elan hissed.

Oh and don't look at my butt she said.

Not much to look at laughed Terry.

With a growl and a huff she started crawling into the hole.

After about 10 seconds Terry followed.

As Elan crawled through the hole she could here the sounds of Jacob and earth moving it sound more like a bunch of dwarves mining then one man crawling.

she giggled at the thought of Jacob as a worm digging through the earth before she was hit with a burst of light.

Alright we're here she heard Jacob say before reaching the end of the tunnel.

Why is it so bright did you set up a fire here last time or some.....thing wow was all that could escape her mouth as she stared at the place she found herself in.

It was a library Full of books to the roof of which was 3 meters tall.

The room was lit with bright glowing rocks that we're way to round to be natural.

She was so captivated by this that she didn't even look when Terry slipped and fell out of the hole.

Ow... Terry moaned rubbing his elbow before looking up to see the same thing Elan was seeing.

Huh neet he said.

I know right said Jacob it's so cool and.

Let me cut you off before you start rambling and ask why you have not shown an elder yet or told the knights when they we're in town elan asked.

Because I wouldn't be allowed to come back Jacob said with a sigh.

I mean just think how many knights and elders would be here and what if this place is elven Jacob muttered.

Ok ok I was just asking Elan said.

That aside this is really cool but still it just seems like a bunch of books Terry said.

Just a bunch of books laughed Jacob never change Terry never change.

But I get what you mean if you just thought of these as books.

Aren't they asked Elan.

Nono all of these are tomes.

WHAT Terry and Elen yelled in shock.

See that's what I wanted to hear Jacob said with a smile.

And that's the main reason why I didn't tell anyone Jacob said well taking a tome down from a self.

But for all of these to be tomes Terry said.

Yea the amount of fame our village would get we could become a mian trade center for at least a few months said Elan.

Or they could kick us out Jacob said and besides he opened the tome and started speaking vas vos gos.

And with that a burst of fire came from the tome before it fizzled out after a few seconds.

The amount of fun we could have would be nothing compared to this Jacob said.

The smell of smoke cut him out of his train of thought.

<<What am I near the blacksmith he>> mused.

I could of sworn I was going towards the town center.

Wait......no no no he said when the smell of blood hit his nose.

The stench was overpowering it felt as though his nose his eyes everything of his being was being overpowered by this nauseous corrupting smell.

He started running as fast as he could hoping that it was a dead animal or something.

His hopes we're dashed when he broke the treeline and the scene came into view.

The bodies were everywhere some crushed other slashed and even more with arrows it was a horrible scene the worst part was the burns not all of them were burned but most of them were.

He gagged at the sight feeling the meal he had eating this morning slowly coming back from his stomach.

he spewed everything that he had eaten before as if his body itself was saying how dare you enjoy something as he was in front of the scene.

After finally catching himself after his stomach was emptied and his mind was cleared he stood up and started to observe and study hoping to find someone.

who had survived even if they were brutalized or had their bodies broken even if they were close to death.

even finding someone anyone and saving them would at least make him feel he had done something to help.

As he observed the bodies he already knew none of them were alive any of them would survive the initial attack without immediate fatal injuries had their deaths solidified by either a hoove or the weapon of the bastard who did this.

no it had to be more than one he thought no one man could do this.

Honestly continue to move through he noticed something.

something that gave him hope a pile of bodies had been moved it wasn't much but it gave I'm just enough.

With the knowledge that someone might have survived he looked around the area hoping to find some sort of evidence that that the elf or whatever it was had survived.

And he found it tiny footprints belong to a child leading away from the area.

He quickly started following the footprints keeping an eye out around just in case if someone else was lucky enough to survive.

Just when he was starting to lose hope in the footprints he saw it.

A elf child kneeling over the body of an elf woman.

[And with that we reach the end of the second chapter this took a lot longer than I wanted and mainly because I took a break and I had to focus on work and a bunch of other stuff but with that out of the way I'm going to start working on the third chapter as soon as I can and get it out again I am up for any criticism as long as it is constructive and I hope you enjoyed the chapter]

4