DTT-NewLife-Chapter3 – The New World
103 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unknown ceiling … There wasn’t one to begin with.

I thought with my dazed mind.

Yeah it was a strange thought, I was feeling a little high like after anesthesia, at least that was what I felt after my nose operation…

I start to remember that, I spoke so much irrelevant sh*t to my mom and the nurse.

Forget that…

Where is this?

I was at the bank, and then …

 “Where am I?”

 

Not only is there not a ceiling, there is neither ground, road, buildings nor sky.

 

Why am I here?

 

That’s right, I was in a standoff with the robber … and then?

 

I, am I dead?

 

In front of me was a tablet, I picked it up and clicked on the power button and it started.

The only application on it was called “DTT New Life”

“DTT New Life…” I repeated, and then shrugged, clicking on the app to open it. “Well, it doesn’t hurt to try it out.”

The screen finally came on, and I immediately had to shake my head. Seriously… no graphics! It was a completely black screen with white text on it that said Dungeon & towers & Tombs followed by the words, ‘Start your New Life!’

I clicked the start button. Was this game more like second life? It might be one of those Java Mudd games that were popular a decade ago. I wasn’t against playing a text-based RPG, especially if the story was pretty good.

But the next message left me there standing looking silly to the screen, don’t knowing what to do.

“You’re killed while saving someone , you’re courageous so I will give you a new chance at life, unfortunately I can’t take you back to your world but I can give you a choice , choose wisely your new life will start afterwards”

“Stay with your memories in a new world”

“Restart a new life in your last world without memories (going through the circle of reincarnation)”

I obviously I’m still confused, but I used to read novels and manga’s so I more or less know what’s going on or at least hope that’s it, but I guess god was more things to do than transfer people to new worlds like in the novels I read, I still think this is a prank of some sort but I will go with it for now, well lets select to retain my memories.

 

When I finished selecting the next screen popped out.

“Pick a Job (!)”. I clicked on the (!) and this message popped out

Your Job can be whatever you want it to be. You can switch between the Jobs at will. However, other than your starting Job, all other Classes must be unlocked. You must discover how to unlock your jobs on your own.

I start to browse through the list of Job to select the one I want there was, warrior, thief, assassin, archer, Hunter, white mage, cleric, shaman, monster tamer, mage, dark mage, necromancer etc.…

Thief supposedly isn’t a good thing, I can be arrested for having such a  class, but I’m really tempted , in the VRMMORPG I played I always played as a thief , so I pretty much got the hang of it, but of course real life should be way harder.

I thought about it for some time but ended up selecting thief anyways…

I select thief and the pop out showed up “Are you sure you’d like to go to another world?”

Information window

            [Name] Silver Lean

            [Sex] Male

            [Age] 21

            [Race] Human

            [Level] 1

            [Job] Thief

            [Title] None

Status Windows:

Points: 16

            [Vit] 1

            [int] 1

            [wis] 1

            [str] 1

            [dext] 1

You have unlocked the Thief skill: Steal.

You have unlocked the Thief skill: Stealth.

“Yes.” I said out loud as I clicked, “Let’s get on with this.”

“Wait… what?” Those words didn’t flash on the Tablet, but they flashed in the middle of my vision.

A moment later, I was surrounded by a white light as the world around me vanished.

0