DTT-NewLife-Chapter 7 – Hunting
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early Morning the sun was now rising…

Silver waked up, and leaved the stable, and washed himself in a near draw-well.

He left to the center of the town and saw an old man walking by.

“Good morning, I’m sorry to disturb you, but do you know where I could buy a map?”

“Good morning young man, hmm you should probably look for a book shop, there’s own going up front for around 500 meters then turning right “

“Thanks”

He made is way to the book shop and brought an adventurer guidebook and a map for 2 Silvers spending almost all is money.

As soon as he left the shop, he found a quiet corner and started reading the guidebook, founding that the alchemy shop sells healing potions and that sort of things. And he found the need to look more into it.

Afterwards he made his way to a nearby Alchemy…

In the Alchemy…

Silver walked in and the shop keeper welcomed him in.

“Welcome to the Green Alchemy, I’m Aleen ask me if you need anything”

Silver then nodded to the shop keeper Aleen and started to look around the shop, he couldn’t really identify the potions in here, so he asked Aleen.

“What do you recommend buying to hunt near the town”.

“Well, usually adventurers buy basic healing potion and basic mana potion”

Silver nodded with is head, he was expecting that, he looked at Aleen and asked him the price for basic healing potions”

“2 for 1 Silver, these potions cure majority of minor wounds”

“I will take 2 “

“Thanks for the patronage”

Silver leave the store and started to make is way to the city gate on the south.

Before leaving he asked the city guard what a newbie should hunt to make some money. He told Silver to hunt wild dogs, wolfs, boars, Giant rats, and if he was confident, he could try to hunt goblins.

Silver ran out of the city of freedom and began heading towards the area where Black Giant Rats roamed. Black Giant Rats were a species of immensely large rodents that possessed a dark Black coat. Their builds slightly exceeded that of a water buffalo’s, and they appeared similar to small moving hills when they roamed about. However, their movements seemed quite sluggish and for what he was told their attack power wasn’t that high.

Silver moved quickly after discovering a Black Giant Rat. He used stealth and started to attack, leaving several stabbing marks on its back.

What made Silver gob smacked was that…

−21
−20
−21

Three damage values appeared, floating above the Black Giant Rat head.

The Giant Silver Rat retaliated by turning its head to attack Silver. Before it could, though, something strange activated, and stabbed the Giant Silver Rat in the eye.

[Skill Learned: Vital Strike
Description: Thieves can cause additional damage by attacking an enemy’s vitals.
Requirements: Action (requires weapon)
Properties: Hitting a target’s vitals causes 5% additional damage, marking the target with a damage debuff.
Cooldown: 30 seconds]

System: Vital Strike successful! Attack +5%, resulting in additional damage dealt!

−38

Another damage value floated over the Black Giant Rat head. The giant black rat let out a miserable squeak and immediately fell to the ground.

Not bad, Vital Strike is pretty decent. Silver looked at the body and smiled wryly , from what the guard told him , if he killed monsters they would got have a chance of dropping equipment’s and weapons and even skills books what leave  him kind of startled because this starts to look like a vmmorpg.

The body soon disappear leaving behind only Giant Rat Skull that had been dropped as loot.

Vital Strike’s cooldown was thirty seconds, giving Silver just enough time to seek out another Black Giant Rat.

Silver got used to hunt and after 2 hours he had already hunted about a hundred of them managing to get himself to level 3.

Giant Rat Tails, Giant Rat Skulls, etc.… All these items were gathered in a large bag that he stole from the stable. Furthermore, he had also obtained three coppers total as loot drops.

The drop rate for money was probably extremely low.

As Silver Vital Strike slew yet another giant rat, something appeared flickering under its corpse. Silver’s heart skipped a beat. Quickly, he bent over to pick up the item.

The item looked like a leg protector, Silver could appraise it, so he wasn’t that sure about the quality.

Silver was tired so he made is way to a nearby big rock and sit on top of it. Thinking about what he should hunt now, since giant rats probably wouldn’t give him much experience.

During the hunt he got 2 level up and a bag full of things that he didn’t know if they ‘re useful.

Besides learning vital strike during is rat hunt he managed to learn a new skill.

[Skill: Assassinate
Description: Thieves gain Rage after a successful strike.
Requirements: Action (requires weapon)
Properties: Hitting a target’s vitals , or back  causes + 10% damage
Cooldown: 30 seconds]

 

Information window

            [Name] Silver Lean

            [Sex] Male

            [Age] 21

            [Race] Human

            [Level] 3

            [Class] Thief

            [Title] None

Stats Windows:

Points: 8

            [Vit] 5 (gains from all that hunt)

            [int] 1

            [wis] 1

            [str] 6 + 2 (gains from all that hunt)

            [dext] 9 + 2(gains from all that hunt)

Skills: Stealth, Steal, vital strike and assassinate

Silver decided to use his points using the same method as last time. 4 points in dexterity, 2 in strength and 2 in vitality.

Then he noticed the silly comments on the stats and didn’t know if he should cry or laugh.

This was getting weirded by the minute

 

Stats Windows:

Points:

            [Vit] 8

            [int] 1

            [wis] 1

            [str] 10

            [dext] 15

 

0