Chapter 37: Rescue
101 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark ocean around the raft. It's been a few days since I return and I contacted Black Widow that If ever Steve want to rescue Wanda and the others, let me join.

This few days, I've requested for tony a drone a little similar to Falcon's red wing. I've just got my drone I named Raven and joined with Steve to saved the others, Natasha piloted the Quinjet to the Raft in the middle of the ocean. 

There should be underwater mountain here for the Rafts construction. It's so cool to see it as sometime it is underwater because of high tide and its scary that we needed to dive to get to a secret tunnel to go inside. My heartbeat is already heard by all the people on the plane which is only Natasha , Bucky and Captain Steve.

I smiled wryly as I said " well, I have fear in dark ocean, only my body is enhanced, my will is not included so you jump first and I'll follow you Captain closely. " 

The three smiled at me but didn't judge me as they are soldiers and spy that have a training and I'm only a normal person a few years ago. It's still great to know that I have the guts to face my fears …just not alone.

When the Quinjet is on stealth mode , even people at the Raft can't find it unless the jet land. The two jump in to the water with only swimming equipment without any weapon, I followed closely, we're like fish on the ocean on how fast we swam to the Raft. Finding the secret tunnel, I helped open it with my optic blast, getting in and again fixing it so no water get in anymore.

Taking off the equipment, our clothes and even hairs are dry, our destination was the monitoring room to control it and no alarm goes off with our sudden appearance. The guards are peace of cake for us even without weapon. All of us super soldier but I am is a variant, going directly to the room the fight is a little bit more complicated as more and more guards patrolling in the hallway. 

Mr. Secretary very much known on how Steve treat his companions thus far gave the orders to always be alert and have a man on every hallway. No matter how many guards there are, knocking out them silently while avoiding cameras still took so much time. We need to move faster before the people notice that guards are decreasing.

Bucky suggested he used guards uniform and create a scene for distraction so Steve and I will go straight to the monitoring room. A minute later Bucky already took the guards with him and created a distraction, three minutes is all we need, I also created as a distraction for Captain Steve to focus on the room. A minute later, Steve is done already and our opponents are down on the floor. We move on our way to Clint and the others.

' Thud ' ' Plak ' ' Splat '

Three different sounds of body falling to the ground as we come out of the shadow with only Sam who can feel Steve's presence and Clint who can see us clearly and we greeted the people waiting for us inside the cell.

Tony Stark should've already read Steve's letter as he said ' If he need us, If he need me, I'll be there. ' 

Steve never broke his promise, maybe late on the date but never absent. Mr. Secretary Ross should also known the breach but he doesn't have the manpower to this breaching on the Raft so he can only call Tony who refused his call and send his navy to see the situation on the Raft.

We broke the locks and get the people out, we found their uniform and equipment and Natasha has already landed the Quinjet at the roof waiting for us. Happily talking to each other inside the jet with the destination, Wakanda.

We talked many things as they didn't know I took a photo of everyone when they are in their cells to keep myself entertained. In the future, they will see themselves in blue prison uniforms. 

The Quinjet followed the way that T'chala gave Natasha and pass through the shield that protected the Wakanda from the world's eyes. 

Maybe the Wakanda are jerks by not helping the continent of Africa and it's people but the times and era are different so we can't judge their ancestors decisions to hide themselves as the more people knows the resources they have war would be endless and more people will die in war as vibranium is too precious that even their small group of tribe leading the Wakanda betrayed their own just for profit. 

There are some vibranium getting out sold in the black market because of insider and Klaus stealing the precious metal from the people who mined it. The vibranium is so precious because it is different than most metal in the universe and it does not rusted so it just need to be melted to be used on making other materials.

Clothing, technology, weapons and even medicine can be used by this metal so the priced of this cannot be less than 10000 dollar per gram. Even advance kingdom of Atlantis is jealous of Wakanda's precious metal that they will send tsunamis from time to time.

The Quinjet landed and T'chala and the Dora milaje greeted our arrival. We look at this spectacular city as our eyes keep scanning everything, everything looks futuristic and everyone inside the city of Wakanda has free healthcare, everyone can earn money but they also keep the people competitive. 

The Dora Milaje look in our direction proudly enjoying our wows and praised to their kingdom. T'chala smiled at us and invited us inside, he ask to make ourselves comfortable, ' what a generous king' Shuri and the Queen also waited for us and we greeted her in return even the talkative Scott is silenced on how great this city is from architecture to technology and the precious vibranium here is the sized of a huge mountain. 

" Captain Steve, how long are we going to stay here ?" I asked Steve as he is our leader. 

Everyone waited for his answer, he look at T'chala and the soon to be King of Wakanda said " You can stay here to cool your names from the outside, but if some of you wants to go home you are free to leave at any time. "

" Can we have a stroll outside and buy things like souvenirs " I asked.

" Yes, you can do that but you also read some rules inside the city, you're skin color are very different here so some of the guards will follow you to avoid misunderstandings." What a thoughtful ruler.

Well, I can only praise him as he really said it the most simple words and not to create a conflict for us and his people. Clint and Scott just bought a few things to take as souvenirs, T'chala said that the items we picked is his gift to them as a guest as we remember we don't have money specially this prison escapees. 

We ate food, choose clothes and other items as our souvenirs for our friends and family. Scott and Clint chose to leave tomorrow for their home. As Mr. Secretary Ross don't want to offend Hank Pym, the suit is only confiscated and not studied deeply by the military and government. Who knows if Hank Pym did anything to the suit as to prevent others from studyingthe suit from the inside. 

Hank Pym was one of the smartest person alive even now, and Scott is not very worried as Hank really made a back up for the suit. 

Natasha need to arrange for Clint and Scott not to be brought again to the Raft and the compromise was house arrest for both of them as Clint is still considered as member of the Avengers and Scott have no crime worthy to be sent back to the Raft and he is only a normal man or former thief without the suit.

Bucky get ready to be rehabilitated with the help of Wakanda's resources and technology. Wanda, Pietro and I continue strolling in the city as we had fun playing. 

2