Chapter 19: True Colours
107 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19: True Colours

—---

It is now the third academic year and the pressure for early graduation has risen. Whether you were skilled enough or not, it didn't matter… war was more important. 

Akio sat at the back of the classroom, pondering about the graduation scheme. He never wanted to graduate early; he didn't want to fight in a war like other kids. Akio wanted to use all this time to gain strength. 

Right now, he was proud of his progress… exceptionally proud. It has been nearly a year already and his gains in improvement have boosted exponentially – including his chakra capacity. 

His body was that of an eight-year-old now, so this meant his reserves were still not at their peak. If he wanted to graduate early, he could have easily done so by now as his strength far surpassed an academy student. 

He reckoned even Arise and Tsume could not beat him now… from the spars, Akio bested them every single time now. Of course, this was sparring… if Tsume used her clan technique it'd be quite difficult for him to beat her but he also had a hidden card up his sleeve.

Thinking of this, he picked up the leaf and poured chakra into it. In the next moment, the leaf started to crumble and slowly turn into dirt. This was his hidden sleeve, his chakra nature proficiency. Now that he had completed it, Akio was heading toward his room to look at the earth jutsu scroll. 

When he arrived, Akio went into his drawer and pulled out a – which looked to be a squeaky clean – scroll. 

He quickly unfolded it and spread it across the table, showing the contents of the scroll. Akio glanced as his pupils kept going side to side, fascinated by the jutsu he was about to learn. 

Akio had already revised this scroll multiple times but every time he did… he always wanted to deeply read it again and again. It always looked like it was his first time reading it although it was not. 

'Earth Release: Rock Thorn Jutsu. Now it's time to finally learn this.'

This was a simple genin level – D rank earth jutsu.

[After the user performs the necessary hand seals, they put both palms onto the ground. They force chakra into the ground and push down hard. 6-inch spikes rise out of the ground sticking straight up. This extends around the user 25 feet in each direction. The only spot not affected is a small 5-foot wide circle where the user is. These spikes are very sharp and can puncture skin very easily.]

He was pleased with this jutsu since it was a long-range attack, covering all sides. Sure, there were plenty of flaws to this technique but his constant revision had allowed him to think of different ways of its use. 

There was also the constant pressure of graduation which he felt was coming soon, so he was going to try his best to learn this technique before that came. As he knew what came straight after… war. 

—--

Surprisingly after only a week, he could see the progression – this made him wonder about his talent in jutsu. Was it due to his improvement in cognitive thinking or this body? He couldn't really tell. 

Another week passed and he could feel some sort of near-breakthrough state.

However, this carried on until a month passed by, still stagnant in the same place. The progress had gone slower but he didn't mind as he had other things to do as well. 

Just before the second month had ended – he had nearly learned the jutsu… but something else happened. 

—-

As Akio neared his garden – he saw two shinobi walk out with a seemingly pitiful faces… he immediately raised his brow at this… a dozen thoughts flashed through his mind in that instant. 

'It can't be…' he thought, turning his head to the closing door. 

Akio sighed, approached the porch and knocked on the door. This time, a boy with a purple tint in his hair opened the door – however, this wasn't the most discerning feature – his eyes were now full of tears and bloodshot as he sniffled. 

Akio's worst-case scenario had come true… Hagiro was dead. 

However, Ariza never wasted any time and turned his back, walking inside. He sensed the emotional turmoil coming from the house – a wail resounded – echoing in his ears. 

Akio himself had started heading upstairs with a sort of disappointed expression. 

'A shame. He could have guided me much more if he was alive.' 

He wasn't emotional… well a tad bit. Although his thought process was one of pity, he mostly thought logically of his own selfish needs. This wasn't his real father so he didn't feel sad or anything which affected him mentally, causing trauma… 

It wasn't much to fret over. 

Actually, he chuckled, thinking about something. These feelings of pity were washed away and the corners of his lips curled… he chuckled. 

'Hmm… at least something good will come out of this.'

As much as he didn't want to admit it, there was a good benefit that came out of this… something that will definitely help him in the future. 

Only one would notice a slight tear trickling down his left cheek. 

—--

"So we have gone over the contents of the will and it is written that you shall inherit everything of his." 

A man sat in front of two people. One was a female with purple hair whilst the other was a kid not looking older than ten. He had a plain face with black hair and light brown eyes. 

Now, Akio sat, smirking at the contents of the will read.

[Akio, my true and only son will be the sole inheritor of everything I own. He is my own and true son, I permit him to change the will – that's if he wants to.] 

Akio had an expectant face, knowing that this was his dad's wish before it even happened. On the contrary, Miko had a frown… and yelled. 

"That can't be possible! How… why… would he do this?" 

The man sighed. He had seen this all before; the same situation a million times. 

"It was written by him. There is nothing I can do, sorry." 

To his reply, Miko suddenly had a change of demeanour. She calmed herself, realising her outburst and smiled at Akio, congratulating him. 

"Akio dear, it seems your father is proud of you, so why don't you uphold his standard and – speaking as his wife – change it…" she paused. "I and my children would appreciate it if you did."

``What the — the audacity… is she for real?' 

Akio looked straight at her and never hid his thoughts, glancing at her with an incredulous look. He couldn't believe the cunningness of this bitch… How shameless could one get?

"No," he bluntly said. 

She stammered, "I-I see." Then she raised her hand to touch his shoulder. "Don-" 

Just as she was about to speak, he slapped her hand out of the way, not allowing her to touch him. Her eyebrows raised as Akio chuckled… his laugh got louder and louder and he put his face in his hand. 

His lips curled into a grin. "You know, this is the most comedic thing I've ever seen." He smirked as he carried on, "You're quite a funny person and this has humoured me beyond belief. Your actually so stupid." 

"W-what, dear… what are you saying? Are you talking about me?" She was star-struck, not believing what she had heard. 

Akio thought she had all this cunningness to her yet could read the room right now. It's like her brain was thrown out of the window for some worldly possession. 

Was she really that deluded?

Akio felt some sort of satisfaction now that she was going to disappear out of his life. 

"Are you deaf as well? I said you're stupid, and it's a fact. You've entertained me quite well, and this will be your last time as well," he spoke, amused at this situation.

Miko froze. Her eyes glanced at the playful Akio and saw a completely different person. It was like… he saw her as nothing more than entertainment. Like this was a game — and she — had lost. 

It welled up a feeling in her heart which turned her face into one of scorn. She hated the way he looked at her. 

No, that should be her that should be looking at him like that, not the other way round. 

"Y-you!" She flung her hand on the table, making a loud sound. "Ungrateful child! I have fed you all these years and allowed you to stay in my house. Do you repay me like this? You're not human."

'Feed me? Allow me to stay in your house?… I can't with this woman.'

He had enough and just laughed it off. 

"Pfft. You shouldn't get so angry; you look like you've aged more than ten years now," he ridiculed her.

A disgusted look covered her face. Then, she flipped her chair over – walking straight out of the door – not before slamming it shut with force. 

He didn't give a glance at her as he dismissed her and talked to the man. 

"So I have inherited everything and have to sign this?" 

He just dazedly processed all that had just gone through and questioned whether this was really an eight-year-old boy. 

"Ahem. Yes, that's all, thank you." 

Although his father had just died, Akio now felt as though his death quickened his progress in some way but there were also cons to this. Was his behaviour morally questionable? Yes, but it's not like he didn't feel sorry. Actually, he had already prepared for the worst-case scenario if his father died. 

'Sigh. He was a good father, but my plans of gaining power come before him. This hindrance will not affect me mentally somewhat.'

This was Akio… A selfish person who puts his life above others. However bad he felt, Akio never let this get to him. He had already died himself… 

Never was he going to put another person's life above his own, the fear of death was ingrained in him too much. 

Although he felt sorry and gratitude, this was only for some time before he will forget it in the future. This was only the beginning as his journey hadn't started yet. 

He wasn't going to die again. 

**

**

**

A make or break chapter guys. Some people will hate it others will like it. ik I will lose readers from this but it is what it is. 

if u liked it or disliked it comment why... thanks for reading

6