Chapter 54: Dissenters
138 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Apparently the woman already had a single dose of Allucia in her system, enough to make her horny and distracted. There was a debate among the sellers to give the new stock a second dose, but ultimately decided against it, letting it be up to their soon-to-be owners. 

The woman tried to scream through the gag in her mouth as a magical brand was placed on her lower back. The sigil of house Haraxis glowed with fervent energies along the gentle arch where a tail would’ve been had she been a Redever. The cursed magic soon blended with her own physiology, melding into her own nervous system, and manipulating her spiritual reservoir. Soon it would ensure that she could never use her magic against him, or any other member of the Haraxis family. Should she prove rebellious, it would also allow Kylan the ability to punish her in a variety of ways.

Kylan neglected the slavers offers to add any other modifications to the woman’s body, namely injecting her with another strong dose of Allucia, or inducing a series of psycho-sensory alterations. He refused personality modifications as well, even though their father recommended it. Kylan didn’t even want the brand, but found he couldn’t purchase her without it. 

Once the brand was finished, the woman was secured in a steel cage with a new choker around her neck. The copper ringed piercings on her nipples were replaced with jeweled versions, and a golden chain was linked between them, and the choker. The ball gag was loosened, yet the woman, in her euphoric stupor, continued to bite down on it.

Inside her cage, the slave was exhausted, her tongue hanged out of her mouth, and thick globs of saliva drooled to the floor. Her eyes were dilated, and her cheeks were flustered. Once she came down from the aphrodisiac corrupting her veins, Kylan hoped she would get better control over herself. It was very clear that she was suffering from the narcotics affects, and yet her eyes still showed a gleam of innocence, of resistance.

Leaving the war chamber, with the cage levitating alongside him, Kylan was about to make his way down the long stairway to the lower antechamber, when he noticed his sister sitting idly against the wall. 

The walls outside the chamber once displayed elaborate murals, but were now covered in delicate frescos. Portraits of exarchs, nobles and aristocrats, and lords among generals were decoratively arranged among the art. Once a giant mural of the ancient queen of Titalia was displayed here, only to have been removed and lost to time.

Tinyra wasn’t pleased. A scowl crossed her lips as she puffed on a long tobacco stick. She stood alone, clearly deep in thought. Her tail was wrapped around the tiny handle of a cocktail glass, somehow holding onto it without causing it to crack.

Kylan walked up to her. He could tell exactly what was on her mind, and felt an overwhelming desire to say something.

“I can’t believe this,” he made sure to speak low enough so that no one else could hear them.

Tinyra didn’t notice him at first, so lost in thought, but expelled a long puff of smoke before looking at him.

Kylan continued, “someone has to do something.”

“Don’t be stupid.” His sister took another long draw. “You’ll get yourself killed.”

“I can’t believe father just sat there, and didn’t say anything.”

“What did you expect?” Tinyra asked sarcastically. “It’s not his place to question the military.”

“But this is—”

“I know!” She cut him off. “I saw what you saw, so be quiet.”

For several seconds they stood in silence, listening to the sounds of footsteps walking up and down the massive stairway nearby. Noise seemed to bounce off the walls of the massive exterior hallway of the grand chamber. 

When next he spoke, Kylan looked over to the woman sitting quietly in her cage. She sat with her legs huddled up, her nipples drooping from the weight of the piercings.

“I’m not just going to sit still while we commit another atrocity,” he mumbled.

“No,” Tinyra pushed herself off the wall, throwing her tobacco stick to the floor, and stomping it out. “You’re going to take that little slave of yours back home, and bed her properly.”

“Now you sound just like dad.”

“Well he’s right,” his sister took hold of her martini glass with her hand. “Best to bed, and breed her properly, before she gets any wild ideas of running off. You know what happens to runaways; they either get killed on the spot, or taken by even more brutal owners.” She let that weigh in the air for a few a few seconds. “Once she’s got a little bun in the oven, she’ll be more inclined to stay, especially if you treat her nicely.”

“And what about you?” Kylan raised a brow. He was glad they were speaking in their native tongue. Had the human known of what they were talking about, she probably would’ve resisted harder. “You told him about your little tryst with that crazy brute yet? You know the one I’m talking about.”

Tinyra’s tail flicked, sending the tip straight at him. She was so fast, he didn’t even respond before the tip of her tail was right before his eyes. Had she wanted, she could’ve easily jabbed his eye out! “Shut it, don’t speak another word.”

Kylan raised his hands in surrender. He watched his sister stride past him, her tail aimed at his head until she was well out of reach.

“Crazy bitch,” he sighed. Looking over to the woman in the cage, he could tell she was starving. He cleared his throat, then tried to speak human basic. “It’s ok, I’m not going to hurt you.”

Her eyes twitched, she looked up at him with suspicion. It seemed she was finally coming down from the high.

“Don’t worry, things will get better from here.”

“Who are you?” Her voice was hoarse and angry.

“In public it’s probably better for you to address me as master, but my real name—”

“Fuck that you monster!” She spat at him with what little saliva she had left.

Kylan noticed some of the other nobles laughing at him from a distance, and couldn’t help but feel a tad embarrassed. He started scratching at the back of his neck while pretending he had things under control.

    


                                                                                               

>> Meet tonight, sundown, same place, wear what’s in the box.

The message surfaced on her phone, before deleting itself. 

Tinyra scrolled through her messages while finishing her drink, then let it slip free down the staircase, as if by mistake. Looking behind her, at several younger nobles, she feigned embarrassment for her ‘clearly on purpose’ accident. She even laughed a little, upon hearing it shatter far below.

She should’ve simply started the long trek down, but chose to wait around a bit longer, if only to see if her father would ever leave the central chamber. Her thoughts drifted, considering the earlier message, and the small parcel delivered to her by a servant girl. She peeked inside, already admiring the silk fabric covering the box, and smirked.

“Oh you silly man. You need to ask nicer,” she stifled a chuckle. Already her heart was racing, just thinking of all the ways he would use her. 

Touching the smooth pearl orbs in the box, and the sheer stockings, she couldn’t wait to try them.

Her fantasies were disrupted upon hearing distant laughter, and her brothers voice. Tinyra looked over at the woman in the cage spitting on her brother, and had a funny idea.

3