Chapter 59: Never the Same
151 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-> Soul Geist Echo’s Witness Command Received

-> Initiating …

-> Initiating …

-> Initiating …

-> Warning! Incompatible subjects detected. 

-> System Override Command Received.

-> System Override Code Accepted.

-> Beginning Transference 

   


                                                                                                

Being lifted up into the air was a strange sensation. In truth it was absolutely terrifying, but there was something about it that defied expectations. Seeing the tornadoes from a great distance was one thing, seeing one up close another, but actually being consumed by one, albeit a small one by comparison, was like a gods hand coming down to grab you. It reached down, and squeezed him with an unrelenting pressure. The noise was deafening, and sounded like a screaming Dreadnaught engine erupting to life amidst a battlefield. 

Getting shot at; losing some fingers; losing a friend; all of these experiences were scarring enough, but to feel the skies capturing you was an all-together more hopeless experience. A rapid sense of vertigo disoriented him, as the ground started to fall away, and the screams of corrosive winds burned his skin. The smell of magic washed over him, it was intoxicating, like the smell of a strong spiced whiskey. 

Theo held onto Lorelei’s hand for dear life, while she held onto Cassies. Together the three of them were being whisked away, while the air was sucked out of their lungs. 

The noise only grew, and changed. It started to sound like a million souls were screaming all around them from all direction. The light died away, each bolt of lightning inside the cyclone captured his sight for brief life-shattering seconds. Theo could make out flashes of images morphing with the wind. He could see figures, shapes, and apparitions with the smear of clouds. Each bolt of lightning seemed to conjure a set of jaws, grotesque shapes, or something else that was difficult to describe. 

Theo had the distinct impression that he wasn’t alone, that the vortex was somehow a living, breathing, thing! 

It finally dawned on him, that he was going to die!

Time slowed as a new vision flashed before his eyes, one that seemed to plaster before his vision with stunning detail. The smell of raw magic burned his nostrils as this prophesy was forced onto him. He saw himself sitting upon a throne, surrounded by glorious women, many Redever, some human, and many of other races. Most were bearing his soon-to-be children, others were cradling infants newly born. They were all so eager to serve him, eager to please him, and valued his protection. He drank wine amongst them, and satisfied their urges while they prepared a new dynasty that would carry his name and likeness for ages to come.

Lorelei was at the forefront amongst them, her breasts heavy, laden with milk, and sagging just a little. Her eyes were drawn to him like a hungry beast, eager to carry even more prodigy on his behalf. 

He could conquer nations, and seize its entire female population for his exclusive use if he so desired. There was nothing that could get in his way. All those who would dare oppose him would be culled, their sons and daughters forced to kneel before him like a god come to claim their world.

He could become absolute, infinite, immortal.

Close your eyes, don’t look at it. Deny everything shown to you, don’t let it tempt you.

What, Theo searched for the voice that interrupted this dream. The voice was distant and strained, and yet Theo could somehow make out the words in his mind. They weren’t his own thoughts, but for some reason, he found them strangely comforting. 

Shutting his eyes, Theo could feel a sudden cold bristle against his skin. Everything tingled, and then a harsh stabbing pain erupted from his core, and spread to consume his entire body. He tried to scream, but found there was no strength in his voice. It felt like his bones were frozen solid, shattered, and put back together again. Every vein, sinew, and organic component in his body felt violated.

And then, for one fleeting instant in time, all was silent. There was nothing, and then there was everything. Every sensation returned at once, and Theo tried to gasp a lungful of air. Instead something thick and warm was sucked into his chest. He opened his eyes, causing them to sting from a murky bluish substance. Somehow he was submerged in a slimy substance! It dawned on him that somehow he was no longer in a vortex, or even outside, but instead in some kind of vat.

He banged against the glass until a crack formed, and proceeded to shatter. The current of sludge carried his body from the vat. Free, Theo threw up, and nearly coughed up a lung. Another crash happened next to him, and then another, and Theo realized it came from the two other vats containing Lorelei and Cassie. Now all three of them were sprawled out on the floor.

“What the hell was that!” Theo finally gasped, his entire body wouldn’t stop shaking.

“Was that tele-teleportation?” Lorelei stammered. She was on all fours, her breasts pressing against the floor. Her shoulders were spasming, as her muscles were visibly contracting.

“Since when do you have teleportation!” Cassie spat. Theo was shocked to see that she was also naked, her slender form immediately drew his attention.

Lorelei tried to cover herself, while looking at the giant vats. “I don’t know…”

Theo found his own muscles straining, reluctant to answer his brains demand to move. He looked down, realizing his uniform was gone, all his clothing was gone. Apparently, the teleportation wasn’t able to bring inorganic material with them. This meant his weapons were also missing. He wasn’t sure which made him actually feel more vulnerable.

It was dark inside the chamber they were transported too, the only light coming from the vats that discarded them. The wards on the walls slowly began to light up, illuminating the chamber with a dim blue light to reveal that they were inside some kind of laboratory. There were gurneys, old cadavers, and vast book shelves everywhere. Piles of tomes littered the floor. Chains dangled from the ceiling. There was dust everywhere, and Theo could make out what appeared to be magical symbols drawn on the walls.

When Theo finally found the strength to stand on his two feet, something didn’t feel quite right. Looking over to Lorelei and Cassie, he couldn’t help but notice their bodies were sweating, and it might have just been his imagination, but he could’ve sworn their breasts were larger, their bodies more alluring. 

What am I thinking…

Theo looked down at himself, and noticed his chest was thicker, broader. His stomach was chiseled to a perfect set of abdominal muscles, and his legs were thick with sinew. It shocked him, seeing his arms bulge. 

He suddenly realized his fingers had been restored, his wounds healed, and there was something else. He didn’t even realize it until he took his first step. There was a balance to his gait that didn’t seem normal, and yet, it felt natural for some reason.

“Theo!” Cassie jumped back, nearly falling into the tank behind her. She growled from some unforeseen pain in her forehead. Brushing her bangs back, Theo could’ve sworn he could see what looked like a small set of horns.

“What?” Theo looked away from both the women’s naked bodies. 

Lorelei remained sitting, looking up with him in concern and fright. “Hey don’t panic, but um…”

Theo was starting to get nervous. “Is something wrong?” 

“No, well maybe…” It was clear that something was.

Something peeked at the corner of his vision, and Theo instinctually brushed it away, only to find it was no longer there. He looked over his shoulder, but was unable to track whatever it was that kept moving behind him. 

As he twirled around, a small table was turned over. It was only after stepping back, and feeling it press against the wall, that he realized, he had somehow grown a tail!

3