Chapter 8
402 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Warrior slaves here!" The merchant said with a bright smile. Grabbing a metal rod, he swung it at a metal cage containing a large variety of beastfolks. They yelped in surprise as the bars reverberated from the strike.

Beastfolks were fantastical creatures. Their origins are a mystery, but they looked like humans with animal features. Their species were further separated to other races corresponding to different animals like tigerfolk, lionfolk, and so forth.

"What do you have?" a passing gentleman wearing a fine suit asked.

The merchant waved his arm at the cage, showcasing the slaves that he had captured. "I have all types of beastfolk. It just depends on what you need them for. Do you need slaves for cleaning? Entertainment? Guards? Or perhaps you want them for pleasure?"

The gentleman walked towards the cage looking at the slaves. From the small bunnyfolk to the hulking bullfolk, there were lots to choose from.

The beastfolk inside the cage chattered quietly, talking amongst themselves, making sure to not let the merchant or the passing gentleman hear.

"Hush.."

"He looks nice, maybe being owned by him isn't too bad..."

"As long as I can fight, I don't care."

A female beastfolk tugged on another's arms. "Mother, how am I doing?"

The mother looked at her daughter. She stood with a straight posture like how the merchant had taught her. The merchant's directions echoed in her mind.

"Stick your chest out to show off your breasts." She stuck out her chest, her back arching.

"Arch your back, bend at the hips, and focus on sticking your ass out." It was an unnatural position, but she had to do what she was told. The merchant had warned her that if she didn't follow his directions, her mother would be punished as a result, and the merchant was always true to his word.

"Turn your body to the side, twisting your torso towards the customers. Have a slim waist." It was hard, and she could already feel her muscles starting to cramp, but she must not fail as a memory of her falling down flashed in her mind. The merchant didn't react at first, but once it was time to close shop, he beat her mother right in front of her, calling her useless and old. She was not going to let that happen again.

For the final instruction that the merchant told her, she smiled and raised her bunny ears which were drooping down.

Her mother stared at her, sadness in her eyes. Composing herself, she smiled. "You're doing amazing."

The gentleman licked his lips as he pointed towards a bunny beastfolk. "I like this one. This'll do for letting off some steam."

The merchant nodded. "Good choice, sir!"

"She caught my eye instantly from the start. What's her name?"

"Her name?" The merchant rushed over to his table, flipping through a book before stopping at a page. "Her name is Lilli, sir!"

"Lilli.. What a perfectly fitting name," the gentleman responded, captivated at Lilli's captivating purple eyes. The color resembled a flower of the same pronunciation, but spelled differently. "How much for her?"

"I'll give you her for 180 gold coins."

"180 gold coins. I don't have that on me as you might have realized, but give me your number at the bank, and I'll have it transferred immediately."

"Of course!" The merchant eagerly passed along his banking number, awaiting the message that the coins had been transferred to him.

Upon receiving the number, the man turned to the side, a man wearing all black appeared from thin air. The two had a quick exchange before the man who appeared disappeared just as quickly as when he appeared.

"Right, I forgot to ask. Is that her mother?" he asked, pointing to another bunny beastfolk that looked similar to Lilli. "Mind if I take her too?"

"Of course of course. Free of charge. Call it a gift." After a few seconds, a message appeared out of thin air, written with mana.

180 gold coins have been transferred to your account

Usually, to know if money had been transferred to their account, people would need to visit the bank, but he paid for the VIP+ status that would have sorcerers notify him of any activities to his account.

After receiving the coins, the merchant grabbed Lilli and her mother from the cage, invoking a spell. "Change Owner."

A spell formation appeared on the necks of both of them, glowing.

"Sir, have you owned a slave before? 

He shook his head. He hadn't.

"It's quite simple, the spell just needs your blood, and it'll recognize you as the owner."

The gentleman nodded, pricking his finger and dropping it onto their necks. The spell formation turned red as its glow faded.

"Perfect. You are now the owner. The slavery bind won't let you control them, but they won't be able to escape, and any thoughts of suicide or self-harm will be eradicated. Likewise, they won't be able to harm you."

After the process was done, same man who disappeared appeared again, and grabbed the two, placing the newly bought slaves in the back of his carriage.

"Pleasure doing business with you," the gentleman said, getting into the front of the carriage, separate from the slaves. 

The merchant bowed in response as the carriage left the market.

"Mother, why are you crying? Didn't you want to escape from that cage? Well we're gone now, right?" Lilli said with a light giggle, a smile on her face.

Her mother held her close, wiping the tears from her face. "Let's pray to the gods. Let's pray to be saved."

Unlike her daughter, she had lived long enough to experience the cruelty of humans. Slaves were looked down upon, treated as objects. They had escaped from the abusive merchant, but whose to say their new owner isn't the same?

She saw how the man looked at her daughter. His eyes were filled with lust, as he stared at her daughter's body.

She clasped her hands together, as she began pray. Her prayers were directed to Bijou, the Ancestral Goddess of the Bunnyfolk.


Fantasy all right! The floating eye spell that I learned was actually pretty handy. Of course, my senses were superior, but they still had a range, so for things outside my range, I used the floating eye. It acted like a drone, floating above me and giving me vision past the limits of my senses.

It was awkward at first, but I got used to it quickly. That was one thing I noted down. In this body, everything came easily to me. Are all gods like this? Or is this another gift? Or perhaps I'm actually a genius? I smirked inside. Yes, I am a genius hahahahhha.

Anyway, looking through the eyeball, I saw in the distance a large city. This must belong to the Gamor Kingdom. Unlike the wooden fences that surrounded the village, this city was surrounded by stone brick walls with multiple evenly spaced towers dotted along the walls. Soldiers clad in armor walked along the top, watching the surroundings for any threats.

Well I can't just walk in. I'll definitely be attacked and treated as a demon like in the village.

Remembering a certain spell. I casted it on myself. Invisibility. Perfect, but it wasn't the best. After all, this was a spell made by humans. Sure, I couldn't be seen by sight, but there was a reason I detected the floating eye spying on us. I still gave off energy, and my divine presence was overpowering. In fact, during the trip to the Gamor Kingdom, no animal or beast dared to approach me.

Tweaking the invisibility spell with my divinity of nothing improved it immensely.

I was the god of nothing. Nothingness. My presence? What presence? I made it disappear. My divine energy I radiated? They were radiating into nothingness.

With this, I had full confidence I could sneak into anywhere in the world.

But before I went into the city, I should do something about Gabriel and Zeke. It seemed they were damaged more than I thought, and we're still recovering. Like me, I casted the same spell on them, erasing their presence, but I didn't just want to leave them in the forest.

Although the chances might be low, I didn't want a random citizen or soldier to find an invisible cocoon, so I did the next best thing.

With aether, it was lightwork making them levitate a hundred meters in the sky. I then binded the cocoon they were in to me with a thin aether thread, so it would follow wherever I went.

Ok with that done, let's explore the city of a fantastical world!

There was a long line outside the city. Many merchants, and travelers passing through to have their belongings inspected.

The people waiting in line were talking amongst themselves as the schorching heat of the sun covered them in sweat.

Thankfully, I didn't sweat or felt temperature, but maybe it wasn't hot enough to be felt.

While flying, I overheard some of them talking.

"The Rahan Empire is done."

"I heard an Elder Dragon burned it to ashes."

"That's not what I heard. Apparently, it was a Fire Demon."

"You're all wrong. I know the real news. It was a god. I've been hearing it. Gods are descending into the world. The Rahan Empire was destroyed for sinning against the Fire God."

Gods. If I assume it's true. Are they natives of this world, or did they also discover the game like me?

I noted down the Rahan Empire in my head. It might be worth visiting there in the future.

Using Aether, I flew above the walls of the city.

This city, it was busy. With my huge body, there would be no way for me to land without bumping into humans. I preferred moving around with my body, but I had to suck it up as I observed the residents from above.

Is this a major city? I looked around, spotting a sign on one of the many exits of the city.

Before leaving Catagon, you will be subjected to a mandatory inspection

So the city's name is Catagon? With this many people, isn't this the perfect place to set up my religion?

I wasn't sure how I'd gain followers at first, but then I realised. By founding my own religion, my followers will spread the word, netting me more followers. Of course, there needs to be an incentive. Back on Earth, people would follow their religion in hopes of paradise.

I'm not sure if I can send people to paradise, but I can definitely give gifts. Zeke and Gabriel are proof of that.

"Time to commence my plan! Founding the religion of Nothing!"

I scratched my head. I might need to come up with a better name though... 

Rejoice! Citizens of Earth! Readers on Scribblehub, as I have uploaded a new chapter!!

The religion of Nai. Please leave ideas of better names hahahahha. I'm not the best at naming things. Anyway Nai making a religion. He is now becoming more and more like a god.

As always, comment suggestions, comment in general, critiques, anything you think I should change, etc.

Thanks for reading the chapter!

 

 

10