Chapter 11
386 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three worked together informing people about Nai's religion. They split the city up into three parts. The south side where the poor lived, and where the orphans were situated was Gabriel's region. The north-west side was where the rich lived, and Zeke was hard at work there. Finally, Lilli was at the East side of the city which contained a building called the Adventurer's guild. This was also where the city's sorcerer academy was located.

"Could I interest you in our father?" Lilli asked the adventurers he would pass by as she walked towards the Adventurer's Guild.

All of them declined. Being an adventurer was competitive. Missions, or jobs would be posted in the guild and it was a race to who would finish it first, so they couldn't spare time for Lilli.

Once she entered the guild though, all eyes were on her. Her attractivenes drawing the lustful gaze of almost everyone in the room, but she also drew some curious glances.

They stared at her odd appearance. A hole in her neck was the most eye catching part, added on with her extravagant outfit, and mesmerizing eyes of black and purple.

She walked to the middle of the building, demanding attention with each step. Her right foot over her left foot. She swayed her hips. Once again she was reminded of the merchant's instructions. Although she was free, it was still ingrained in her.

With each step, more and more stared at her.

"Everyone! Could I please have a moment of your time!?" She asked the room, the people who weren't paying attention, turned their heads.

"I'm here as the High Priestess of the Children of Nai," she announced.

They whispered, talking amongst themselves.

"That's that religion I was telling you about."

"It's like about this god or something that controls nothing."

"What the hell? Isn't this god useless then?"

"That's what I thought too, but they talked about a blessing that made you stronger?"

Lilli coughed, silencing the people's chatter. "We worship our benevolent father, the Great God Nai!"

She clasped her hands. "Some of you might not believe me, but I promise you. Our father. Our god is real. As proof of this, he has granted me a blessing."

She gathered Nai's divinity into her, an aura of pitch black now emanating from her body.

"If you join our family and profess your faith towards our father, you can have this power too." After her speech, she had to relax and disperse Nai's divinity, as unlike Nai, she didn't have the body of a god, and prolonged use of the divinity of nothing, could harm the user.

That power. Many were interested in it. Adventuring was a hard job with only the top 0.01% achieving the highest rank, but if they had this power then it seemed to be child's play. 

Even if they can't achieve the highest rank, with this power many felt they could easily achieve the gold rank, and maybe even platinum rank which is enough to live in luxury, only needing to do a handful of missions a month.

"Don't be fooled!" A man with an eye patch said as he slammed his mug of beer down on the table. He wiped off his mouth. "This thing sounds awfully similar to a demon's contract. Join if you want your soul to be taken."

Mentioning the name demon made many of the people that were interested lose interest, but there were still some that didn't care.

"You called my father a demon?!" Lilli asked him.

He burped. "So what if I did?"

Lilli's eyes and smile twitched. Comparing a god to a demon was an insult to her father. "You will pay for your sins."

Her bloodlust filled the room. She truly intended to kill the man who was sitting in front of her. 

The woman at the reception table called for the guards. "Quickly, quickly!"

Being the Adventurer's Guild, they had guards stationed right outside so it didn't take them long before two guards were standing between Lilli and the man.

"Get out of my way." She swatted them to the side with her arms, denting their armor, and knocking them out.

With her flexible body, she raised her long legs high beside her head. "I won't kill you, but you will be punished for insulting my father."

The man laughed. "Girl, I'm in the top 20 adventurers in this village. What do you think you're gonna do to me?"

Like a guillotine, the backside of her foot came down on the man's shoulder, a loud crunch could be heard. Then she raised her leg again, bringing it down on his other shoulder.

The man cried out in pain. "M-m-my shoulder!!"

"Hmph." Finished, she brushed off her foot, going back to the center of the room. "That's what I'm gonna do."

Her bloodlust was now gone, and she was back to being the innocent, and pure Lilli.

"I assure you all, my father is not a demon. He only wants what is best for his children. If any of you are interested please come up," she said with a smile.

Because of what she did, many were scared of her, but there were still people who approached her, willing to do anything for power.

"H-how do I uhhh.... join your family?" one of them asked.

"The first step is praying to our father. Come, I will take you to meet him."


"You're so cool!" a group of children exclaimed, their eyes gleaming in admiration.

With a dumb grin, his smile reached ear to ear. "I am cool! Now, what do you call me again?"

"Sensei! Sensei! Sensei!" they chanted.

He giggled in response. "Look at this! I call this.."

Gabriel turned towards a tree, as he got into a battle stance, channeling energy into his fist.  The children gathered around, waiting to see what he would do next.

"The Fist of the End!" he yelled out, punching a hole through the tree. If any adults were nearby, they would surely get second-hand embarrassment.

"Oooooh."

Some of the kids imitated Gabriel, punching the tree, but with their untrained body, they didn't even leave a dent on the tree, but instead injured themselves.

"Owww!!" one of the kids cried out, his fist bleeding because of the tree's rough bark. The kid was about to scream when Gabriel placed his hand on his mouth, shutting the kid up.

"Don't cry. You have to be proud. This is a sign of being a man! Who else would like to be a man?" he asked the group.

Multiple hands raised in the air. "Me!"

"I want to be a man!"

"Can I still be a man if I'm a girl?"

"MAN MAN."

Gabriel smiled. "Don't worry. I was once like you guys. The first step is joining our family!"

A family. The children stood there motionless, as multiple thoughts drifted into their heads. They always wanted a family. As orphans, they didn't have families, surviving off scraps that they managed to get. Many of the orphans were originally in an orphanage, but they had gotten too old.

In the orphanage, any kid that wasn't adopted before the age of 12 were kicked out, left to fend for themselves. Because of this, they often had to steal, or dig through garbage just to survive. They no longer thought of having a family.

But now someone came and offered to adopt them.

"Sensei, do you really mean it?"

He crouched down. Even though he wasn't that much bigger than the kids, he was still taller. "Of course. I would never lie to you. I was once an orphan like you guys. Then, I was taken in by our father!"

Before they split up, Lilli explained to the two how Nai was the father of everything. It didn't make sense to the two at first, but after explaining with her fanatical reasoning, it made sense.

"Sensei... Is your father strong? He can make us stronger?"

"Strong? Of course he is. He's a god!"


Talks of establishing my religion in Catagon went easily, and I was given permission to build a church here.

Well, it's not like they could say no in front of my presence.

Anyway, it's been several day since I sent out the three to gather members, and there has been no problems so far.

Lilli has managed to gather a group of adventurers and sorcerer's which altogether added up to 11 people.

Gabriel apparently gathered almost all the orphans in the street, coming back with about 17 children. I thought I told him to also get some poor civilians too, but he came back with only kids. It makes sense though, he is still a kid.

Wait, how old even is Gabriel? I'm a bad father. I don't even know my child's age.

Zeke was the lowest of them all. Most of the rich people didn't care for religion or getting stronger, but they did have sons and daughters that wanted to. So the parents chose to send off their heirs which added up to 4 heirs. Low, but it did give us connection to the rich which came in handy.

32 new members of my family. I did think of giving them all my blessing, but I chose not to. Lilli was in charge of indoctrinating all of them, and there was one thing they all shared in common. Their connection to me was faint.

Compared to my original 3 disciples, their connection to me was weak. When they first worshipped me, claiming me as their god. I felt their connection, and I felt my strength grow instantly, but the connection wasn't strong.

They recognized me as their god, but they wouldn't do everything I asked, unlike Lilli, Gabriel, or Zeke.

Due to this, instead of my blessing. I instead gave them a lesser version. It would still make them stronger, but not to the level of what I gave to the three. As a sign of being given lesser blessing, the only thing that changed about them was the emergence of a hole in their chest.

Everything was going pretty well, and the construction of my church was progressing at a quick pace.

In return for strengthening their children, Zeke convinced the wealthy nobles to make generous donations that allowed him to hire skilled labourers.

Even with hired workers though, the construction of my glorious church would take several weeks. It was something that I never thought about.

Building things take time.

So as a placeholder of sorts, I made a statue of myself in front of the construction area where my new followers could worship me.

I sighed inwardly. Making a religion isn't easy.

There was also another thing I needed to worry about.

A war was starting...

bam. Chapter!

Alright. The church is being built, and a conflict arises!

A war?! What started it? Is Nai going to get involved? More importantly, can we get more monster gir-

Whoah, I think someone hacked my account.

Let's ignore that. So this will be the first major arc I would say. I have lots of ideas for the arc, but ideas can change, but so far. I do have a general outline on how this arc will go.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Leave comments, ideas, suggestions, critiques, etc. I hope to see you all again soon.

Oh and 5k views wow! Maybe I should fix my upload schedule. Actually, I don't even have one. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9