(3) Yearns for blood
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3. Just what had happened to me

What had happened to me?

 

Tasty.

 

I thought as I was sucking the remaining blood on the floor and walls of the dungeon, just like it’s the most normal thing to do.

 

The thirst of blood within me forces me to drink the blood that has been left within the dungeon for who knows how many years or centuries.

Just after the battle with that maniac, my body began to shiver heavily, my head began to spin, and I felt my insides crying, craving for more, more blood!

 

I couldn’t contain myself and immediately crawled on the floor and began to lick what I thought was pungent and disgusting, and began swallowing the blood directly into my throat.

 

After solving my craving and regaining my complex, I realized something is really wrong with me. 

 

I began to like the scent of blood, and even liking the taste of how it tastes too. My eyes no longer needed the aid of any goggles nor any magic, and was able to adapt to the darkness no longer than a minute.

 

My hands nails can turn into claws, and shred any foe that I came encounter in the dungeon, it was as if I was, I was a

 

Vampire!

 

“Well well, what do we have here?” An adventurer, with his outfit almost worn out, looks like someone who has gone through many battles, slowly appearing right before him. “A vampire!” He grinned menacingly.

 

“Don’t come close.” Chris murmured softly, warning him to come closer, but he didn’t. He continued to walk closer, holding the sheath of the blade behind him, with a suspicious grin on his face.

 

A sword grazes right before Chris’s neck, and another follows, aiming to slice his neck. 

 

Due to the heightened senses of a vampire, Chris was able to have a better reaction time and avoid all the attacks aimed at him, even if it almost hit him. Chris then took a sword and blocked his slash, kicked him and sent him 2 meters away.

 

“How does a vampire know how to wield a sword?” His face changed, shocked that Chris was able to use a sword to block his attack just at the right moment of time, which was weird because thought that his sword skill was already good enough, well, among the adventurers.

 

“Because, I’m an adventurer myself.” He answered.

 

“What? Impossible! I’ve never seen anyone like you in Rishka before!”

 

Chris was shocked and also excited, “Oh, so you’re also from Rishka huh? Great, navigate the way out of here, I wanted to meet the people of the Turtle Shell already.”

 

“Tur-turtle shell?! That’s a very old party! And you don’t look like one!”

 

“Hey, watch your tongue, we’re not old alright.”

 

“This- this can’t be real… you- you must be a monster… trying to act like a fellow adventurer…” He reassured himself, while smiling shiveringly. “Anyway, there’s sure to be a high bounty for a monster such as yours.” He chuckled, while readjust his posture, opening his legs and holding a sword before himself.

 

“Stop, I’m not here to fight.” Chris reassured, while holding both of his hands up high, showing no hostility.

 

“But I am!” The adventurer shouted, appearing right before him with his sword in a thrusting position, thrusting directly into Chris’s chest.

 

*Bam* Dusts began to shrouded the dungeon, as the sword landed onto the ground itself. Pulling back his sword, the adventurer chuckled and said, “You can’t hide forever.” He holds his sword up high in the air, and slashes the dust that’s blocking his view.

 

The dust began to clear up, revealing Chris, who’s been highly armed with the equipment from the dead adventurers from the floor, a few meters away from him.

 

“You’re right, I can’t hide from you. Then there’s no other way than to face you directly.”

 

“Ha.” The adventurer scoffs. “You think that’s gonna make a difference? You don’t seem to really understand who you’re dealing with right now but alright, I’ll introduce myself.

 

I am Scott, the one with the title of the Sword Slasher. Every swordsman who came before me either has been badly hurt, or killed by me!”

 

“Oh yeah, how come I’m still alright?”

 

“Because I haven’t exerted my true power yet!” A blue aura coated his entire body, and slowly the aura began to release like an undying fire, exerted out of its body, causing a mana tension in the dungeon.

 

Slowly the sword is covered in a thick layer of mana too, and he charges for quite a while, and releases some of the mana in a single strike.

 

<Aura Blade: Slash>!” A wave of aura began to head towards Chris in a crescent moon, destroying the rocks and cave floor in its way.

 

“<Single Use Earth scroll: Earth Wall>.” Chris chanted while immediately touching the ground with his palm. A wall of earth immediately erected right in front of him, blocking the path of the said Aura Slash.

 

The wall begins to crumble and crackles the moment the slash reaches the wall, creating another dust wave where the dust begins to float all around the dungeon.

 

“Not this again! This trick won’t work against me any longer!!” The adventurer said as he dispersed the dust storm in a single slash, just for his pupils to dilate bigger as he saw Chris flying towards him, with both his fists on fire.

0