Chapter 5. Practicum
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5. Practicum

“It seems everyone is in the class. Good.”

While her praise seemed to be for all, one could see her eyes concentrated on one. And that person, grumbled in a low voice, showcasing his dissatisfaction of being the object of attention.

‘Damn! That teacher…’

He didn’t know why, but Yuya felt that he and Kanou-sensei would never get along. Misaki Kanou placed the register on the table and finally announced the start of the lesson.

“Let’s start the lesson.”

At the moment, Yuya’s eyebrows twitched. Not because of the demon in front of him, but because of the girls’ gossip behind him.

“Whoa! Kanou-sensei’s boobs are huge! She must have stiff shoulders all the time. Do you get stiff shoulders as well, Nanako?”

“D-Don’t ask me those absurd things out of the blue!”

‘Is this the time to talk about boobs?!’

Yuya wondered. But now that he heard it, his uninterested eyes went to Kanou-sensei’s chest. And his eyes widened. Damn! Those are huge! How did he miss it?

“As expected of Shinoaki. No wonder she is an art genius.”

Yuya is someone who admits his shortcomings. And he has to admit, that his roommates are indeed way more talented than him in their respective fields. No wonder, she is better at noticing things that he couldn’t.

“Starting today, we’ll be having practicum 1. This will be your very first practical exam.”

Unknown to her about an adolescent’s salacity, she continued her words. While all were attentive, the words just passed through Yuya’s ears from one side to another. He wasn’t in any condition to listen to the lesson.

After noticing those huge jugs, he felt as if the world changed. Yuya felt that he and Kanou-sensei would never get along, but now it seems that his thought was a bit too extreme.

“Well, sensei’s attitude is a problem but…’

Gulp!

No! Never get along? Isn’t that wrong? She is a teacher, and I should support and show active participation in the class.

His crooked back straightened, and his lazy demeanor changed into that of a serious and attentive student.

Even Kanou-sensei’s eyes expressed a bit of surprise when she found the laziest person in her class to be that serious and attentive, something she expected from her students.

‘Maybe, it is because of the practicum.’

Whatever the reason was, it wasn’t that important. From her perspective, it was good that Yuya changed his attitude in class.

A true teacher! 

But who knows if Kanou-sensei would be the same if she ever learned that the catalyst of change was neither the practical nor a change of heart but those huge melons on her chest!

Unfortunately, she never got to learn of it.

Putting Yuya’s lust aside, this lesson – Practicum 1 was very important. Because to the aspiring arts students, this was the time to truly showcase their abilities.

Unlike Yuya, Kyouya paid his full attention to Kanou-sensei’s words. He wasn’t as talented as the rest, making him well aware that he could only attain his goals through hard work.

This second life… He wouldn’t waste it!

“Practicum 1… This is about producing your own film. It’s one of the most effective ways of learning what matters the most in this industry.”

Producing a film from scratch. That’s the practicum given by Misaki Kanou. And her purpose behind it was simple. It was to make the students understand the basics of film production.

The Four Tenets of Film Production - Direction, Technique, Casting and Production.

Soon, she went on to explain these four tenets, what they mean, and their importance in film production. And while explaining it all, she emphasized the last part – Production.

Why?

Because production is the job done under the shadows, making it almost unheard of. It pertains to all the dirty work. From arranging shooting locations to appeasing the cast to make them perform their best. That’s why production is also called “Ass Wiping.”

“For Practicum 1, each of you will be assigned to one of those four tenets. Now split into groups. Each group must have four members… Understood?”

“Yes, Kanou-sensei!”

Her words met with a loud “yes”, and one didn’t even have to guess who it was. Yuya Kanzaki, the legend!

In his absent-mindedness, as soon he heard Kanou-sensei’s words, he shouted out loud startling everyone. But soon, he snapped out of his mind.

“Huh? It seems I said it too loud.”

“…”

“Pu-ahaha!”

Laughter echoed all over the class. All the students started to laugh, except a few serious students like Kawasegawa Eiko.

“Silence!”

And in return, the demon roared! With a vein popping out of her forehead, aura was pouring out of Misaki Kanou, making all the students silent.

“Yuya Kanzaki.”

“Yes, sensei.”

“Can you stand outside?”

“Why?”

Of course, our man is brave. Instead of admitting his fault, he confronted her head-on. After all, what was his fault?

“Do I need to explain about it?”

Looking at the dramatic effect of her hair floating in the air with anger, Yuya understood that maybe he had gone a bit too far.

“No. I think I understand it all.”

He walked down the stairs and came near the door before stopping for a second. With all eyes on him, he turned behind looking at Misaki Kanou.

“What happened?”

And with seriousness in his face, he said.

“Kanou-sensei, I think I was wrong.”

“Wrong?”

‘Is he about to apologize?’

Misaki Kanou wondered. If he is, then she thought of forgiving him.

“Yes! Didn’t I say I understand it all? I was wrong. Kanou-sensei, as you said before, can you explain why I have to stand outside?”

“…”

“Pu-ahaha!”

Once again, laughter bloomed all around the class. The demon roared again too, and that with more rage, making the lusty adolescent flee outside as fast as he could.

“Damn! What fault I did do? I just asked a question, didn’t I? That temper of hers… No wonder she is still a bachelor!”

Till the end of the class, Yuya stood outside, cursing Kanou-sensei and admitting that maybe he and she weren’t destined to get along after all.

1