Chapter 5
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sang XingXi leaned against the ornate bed frame, crossing her arms.

“Aiya, jiejie, how uncharacteristic of you to visit me! Aren’t you busy with your… small-time sect?”

Sang SheFu leisurely stretched her pale and lean arms, her body sprawled across the bed.

Sang XingXi, “Meimei, you know I’m underqualified to talk to people. And besides, this could take a bit of investigation, so…”

Sang SheFu, “What do you want me to do? Be straight with it, dear.”

 

The second young miss of the Sang clan, Sang SheFu was a talent, often referred to as a heaven’s darling. Having cultivated a stable core at the mere age of 11, she was extremely skilled. Alas, her skills are not often put to use- her parents wish her to live a more leisurely life. Thus, she is rarely seen in practice.

.

Waving away her sister’s sass, Sang XingXi shook her head. 

“It is a bit of a shame that such a talent like you lives such a sheltered life. You could easily change the world of cultivation for the better- or worse.”

She picked up an ornate folding fan thrown to the side. Upon unfolding it, a beautiful scene of a phoenix and a dragon, intertwined, was revealed. Tsk tsk.

“Hmm. And?” 

“You will enroll into the HeiMa Sect and help me gather information on a disciple named Tai Hua, who may have uncovered something… suspicious…”

“Aiya, can you be more descriptive?”

Sang XingXi couldn’t help but admit it- she had no details, OK!? Still, it was a lingering feeling in the back of her mind, and if she didn’t scratch the itch, she may grow impatient and lash out. Such is the temperament of the first young miss of the Sang clan.

Sang SheFu stared at the ceiling, unconvinced. 

“Then… tell me more about this Tai Hua character, how’s that?”

Sang XingXi perked up a bit upon hearing this. 

“Tai Hua is around your age. Compared to many of our others, he is very inexperienced for his age, having only reached the second spiritual realm after four years. He is… determined despite his setbacks.”

Her younger sister sighed dramatically. 

“You know what I mean, jiejie! How is he, physically? Is he the handsome type, the pretty type? Hell, I’ll even be fine if he is the cute type!”

“Ah, er…” Sang XingXi had to recall her memory for this. “He looks fine.”

Sang SheFu got up from her languid position on the bed. Putting her hands on her hips, she smiled slyly at her sister.

“I won’t know until I see for myself, right?”

 

~~~

 

“Elder Sang, you can’t just do this!” Xue Ye exclaimed.

“On the other hand, I don’t see how she can’t.” Dong NiuGe said. “I mean, it’ll be interesting to have such a talented young miss in our sect. We’re a small sect, so we have to be grateful for every addition we get, especially such skilled ones.”

“Great, great. She would have come here no matter what.” Sang XingXi waved her ornately decorated hand. Such was the elder who was infamous for disregarding the opinion of others..

Thus, against the existing rules of the sect, the second young miss of the Sang clan joined the HeiMa sect. This inclusion shocked such a small sect. The disciples heard of the jade beauty of the Sang clan being a new recruit, sparking a newfound determination to show off to such a pretty lady. 

“Yawn… I’d like to go home.” Sang SheFu had barely poked her head out of the palanquin she arrived in before finding the sect drab. “Tai Hua, show me to Tai Hua.”

The young disciple who helped escort the young miss widened his eyes slightly. “Senior disciple Tai Hua? He would be in the dining hall with everyone else at this time, I believe.”

“Bring me directly there, then.” 

The disciple bit back a sigh and signalled the carriers to go to the dining hall. The palanquin attracted no lack of attention, with the eyes of everyone staring directly at the beautiful carriage. Hushed whispers spread across the crowd, the members of the sect theorizing that the one within was either Second Young Lady Sang or the emperor arriving to rain down destruction. 

Of course, the former was more realistic, but the reaction elicited from the crowd when Sang SheFu went out made it seem like the latter had actually shown his face. 

With a flamboyant hair flip, Sang SheFu loudly declared, “Which of you is Tai Hua?”

The boy whose only claim to fame was that he was the only disciple anyone could defeat regardless of age? 

Tai Hua cleared his throat, and raised his hand, although with the way that everyone flipped their head in his direction, that was an unnecessary gesture.

This could be a nice change of pace, Tai Hua thought.

It's been so long since I touched this novel that I had to reread the previous chapters to get back into the flow of things.

0