Chapter 51: New trade
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51: New trade

Being members of the alchemist guild was something that opened plenty of new opportunities for the two boys. For, they got access to the library of the guild. There, they managed to buy some advanced alchemy books, and a new set of scales. For, their old one was a kitchen scale, and not a dedicated alchemy scale. 

Lysander was glad that he didn't have to go around town with scarves on his face. The two walked from shop to shop, buying everything they needed. Because Snowfalls was a mountain village, they had mostly wool clothing bundles. The few silk ones were deemed too expensive by the wanderer. Which led him to believe, that silk was something he needed to produce. 

Yet, he didn't know about any town, which had silk larvae. At least, not in Drypond. Still, he had some money left over from the sale of the herbs and potions to the guild, and so, the two went to the adventurer's guild. 

When the receptionist saw them, with Paul trailing behind them, she giggled. In her mind, she has rarely seen anything as adorable, as two boys holding hands, and looking determined. Annalise was an old woman, with a soft spot for children. 

"Boys, you don't want to become adventurers, do you?" She asked them, with a stern look. 

"No, we want to offer a quest," Lysander said. For, he was sure that such things were done through the receptionist.

"What sort of quest? I must warn you, that even F ranked quest cost one gold coin. I am certain, that if you approach one of our brave adventurers, they might help you for free," in Annalise's mind, the two probably lost a toy, or their pup needed to be looked at by a healer. 

"We need silk larvae," Lysander said, as he finally let go of Erin. He took out his coin pouch, and counted out ten gold coins. "What rank can we offer, for this much?" 

Annalise hummed. The two had money. She didn't remember them, from her time in Snowfalls. So, they must be these new adventurers, who took the alchemy guild by storm. 

"That would be B rank. Plenty of initiative for people to travel and find what you need. Yet, don't you want silk spiders instead? They are much more durable than larvae, plus, they can weave silk even during the winter, if you bring them inside," Annalise asked. The boys shared a look, and did a group huddle. 

"I don't like spiders," she heard the blonde mumble. 

"Rin, we need to get some silk, so Bellchime can keep teaching us about clothing tailoring. And spiders sound better than larvae," the wanderer of the two said. 

"But I don't like spiders! They bite legs, when you don't bundle yourself up well enough," Annalise giggled at that, and the two boys turned towards her. 

"I can assure you, the silk spiders of our region don't bite legs," she said, as Erin blushed. 

"I still think they are creepy," Erin mumbled. 

"Does that mean, that you don't have spiders in your home?" Annalise tried to reason with the blonde.

"Ly takes them out in a cup," Erin said. For, that was the standard way of dealing with spiders, in their house. 

"Silk spider silk is also more hardy, than that of the silk larvae," Annalise said. Lysander nodded at that, and went back to the group huddle. 

"Come now, Rin. You don't have to look after them. I will get Belle to make something like a shed, and you won't see them. Promise," Lysander tried again. 

"But, spiders are icky," Erin whined. 

Oh, dear. Annalise knew that the blonde was a tough nut to crack. So, she wondered how she could make him, into having a shed of spiders rights next to his house. 

"Spiders eat flies," Annalise said, as the children turned towards her once more. "And these spiders are special. The silk they make, is valued even by the higher ups in the Republic." 

"Really?" Erin asked, worrying his bottom lip. 

"Think about all the money you'll make, if you have a farm of them," Annalise said with a smile. 

Erin turned to Lysander. 

"And you won't make me go in the shed with you?" Erin asked. Lysander hugged him then, and patted his back. 

"No, princeling, I won't make you go in the spider shed," Annalise smiled at the nickname. It was cute. She wondered, how come the children's parents raised one to be this level-headed, while the other one's head was up in the clouds. 

 "We want silk spiders. How many can we get for ten gold coins?" Lysander asked. "And how big are they?" 

"About half as big as your wolf there," Annalise said, and saw, how Erin turned green at that. "And you will get five spiders. Which is enough, to make a colony." 

"Half as big as Paul," Erin mumbled, as he swayed on his feet. Lysander steadied him, and then lead him back to the receptionist's desk. 

"Do we have to fill in paperwork?" Lysander asked. Annalise took out her notepad, on which she took notes, during the group huddle of the children. 

"No need. I already have everything you need. Expected delivery time: One month. Can your children stay in Snowfalls, while your spiders are being delivered?" Annalise was ready to offer the two some bunk beds in the guild house. She just found the two adorable. 

"We have money. Is there an inn in here?" Lysander asked. He was sure that, if they stayed for a month, nothing bad would happen to Belle's tree. After all, she has survived without them for a very long time. 

"There is. The festival is soon, so you better go there today, before the rooms are all taken," with that, the two boys did matching bows, and left in search for the inn. As they walked, hand in hand, they would hear a giggle coming from some of the women who passed them by. Lysander was blushing furiously, at the attention. 

Yet, he didn't want to let go of Erin, not here, where it was full of shops, in which the blonde can wander in. 

 

0