Next Level
244 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the vast Martial World , at the northwestern part of the Xu kingdom, across vast wilderness filled with uncountable richest, beauty ,wonders, and even more uncountable dangers, more than 100 young men from the age of fifteen to the age of 25 were rehearsing some martial arts moves in an open field. They all stood in a square formation, concentration painted on their faces, so much so that it was contagious.

"HUAAPP...
HAAAA..
HUUPPP...
HAAAAAHHHT..."

After several moves performed with all their might, and as sweat  trickled down their faces, they stopped their demonstration and bowed forward towards a lone figure. "We thank senior for your instructions!" said all of them towards the lone figure who just watched them with boredom in his eyes.The man clearly didn't care much about the words coming of these peoples mouths. Their word were met with silence, but  soon enough that silence was broken.

*clap clap*

"That definitely was a good performance senior brother Jin. I daresay your presence alone made that everyone's  understanding of the 'Roaring Tiger' technique increase by leaps and bounds.  A true prodigy of our times...
.." said someone from the back, and the man was forced to turn his head to the side to see who it was. There he saw a man which looked to be in his early thirties. He had long, black hair tied in a bun, was clean shaven with black eyes that shined with intelligence beyond his age, and he also had the most calming voice. This coupled with his green robe made him look like some kind of scolar,  but in fact he was a soldier, as the other man also was.

"Greetings Senior!" cupping his hands in respect greeted the  scolary one, while the other only dryly replied with but one word.

"Greetings....

As compared to the scolar the other one was around the same age, but his features were rougher with short hair, a slight beard, and several small scars on his face. The most obvious of which was a long and narrow wound from the tail of his left eye to the jaw. This gave him a ferocious look as he looked at the scolary man, but it seemed the later didn't care at all and only  smiled softly.

"Please, come this way. I have prepared  a feast for you, so let's not delay it any longer. What  say you Senior Jin?"

The man called Jin clearly wasn't a fan of the scolar as his eyes slightly narrowed at those words , but he didn't reject the offer and noded.

"Splendid,  I will not let you down with the preparations Senior. I even  percured some
ginseng to make a good medicinal soup that I'm sure would even leave you satisfied."

"Hmphh....we shall see..." was senior Jin's answer , but on inside he was delighted about that information as he had been somewhat stagnant in his body cultivation lately.

..............

As the two men disappeared into the distance the young men performing the martial arts demonstration released a sigh of relief as they saw their two superiors leave. It had been a heart racing, asshole clenching experience for all of them when they found out that a senior of their commander was coming to visit, and they were to showcase their martial potential. A public display of the ' Roaring Tiger ' technique,  their foundation technique was decided as the thing to feature, and at least 100 of them were required. The  participants of course would receive something in compensation for their labour, 10 silver coins which equated to their salary for half a month as a reserve soldier of the "Blue Tiger" kingdom. It wasn't that  much , but it was a decent chunk of change, something Qin Heng definitely needed. He was about to go to collect his money,  but something happened.

"Heeey....brother Heng, how about going to that new tea shop that opened a week ago? " cheerfully was heard a voice amongst the crowd of already dispersing people . One amongst those young men stopped to see who it was, and internally sighed as a cheerful young man around the age of twenty approached him."Brother Heng,  what do you say? Are you coming or not? And before you decline my offer,  the other two are also coming."

"Oh...." said Heng somewhat intrigued,  but his next words immediately deflated the other. " Are you paying then?"

"Aiiiii...brother Heng, why are you being such a cheapskate,  you just got yourself a half a month's salary from the demonstration."

"And so...." asked Heng ad he raised his eyebrow " Do I have to spend it at the teashop? "

"But brother....

"No but! I know you're going to eat and leave without paying,  as if I don't know of your exploits. They have become legendary among our peers."

Those words definitely deflated the youngan even more ,but if he was so easily defeated he wouldn't have such a reputation,  so he pushed on."But, but we're your only friends! You can't abandon a comrade in need....were friends,  your only friends!"

"You...."Hearing those word's Heng's expression changed  as a vein appeared on his neck. With fire on his eyes Heng looked at the other,  and the later immediately panicked.

"He..hey, brother Heng, I was just a joke, a joke....shit..." said the young man as he immediately ran away , but Heng was out for blood.  With anger boiling in his veins, he caught up to the man and delivered a strong kick to his behind.

"OUCHHHH.....

Screams of pain were heard all around the compound as Hengs foot  met the others behind, and unfortunately someone who wasn't supposed to see saw it happen.

..........

In the open field the demonstration was heald, Heng was being punished as he did some frog jumps. ' Some ' was a vague word as he had already ran for an hour,  held a horse stance for an hour,  and had done more than 200 frog jumps already.

"Hahh...hahh....hahh...

"Faster, faster....

Yelled Heng's squad commander,  and Heng gritted his teeth and did as was told and hastened his pace. The commander seemed strict on the outside as he angrily stared at Heng, but deep down inside he was mildly impressed. ' This one's perseverance and stamina is good,  too good maybe. It's as if he has almost reached the peak of his Qi condensation stage, but it doesn't seem to be the case. His stamina is just incredible....truly fitting for a soldier. Shame, if only half or the others were as good as him...alas....'

Of course the commander didn't voice his thoughts as he only pushed Heng more. Heng on the other hand was thinking on the ways he would take revenge, and also for the first time thank his stars for his misfortune. Qin Heng in fact wasn't a soul of this world,  but a soul crossed over in this one. He had come from 21st century earth to this world two years ago, and had suffered here ever since. From loosing all the comforts of normal life,  to finding out he was a soldier, to receiving the wrong system, it was mostly downhill for him. And you've heard it right,  he did receive a system,  but the wrong one. In a cosmic joke he didn't receive a system which helped him cultivate, give him a godly physique,  or even a godly weapon or companion, but in fact received a system for a Sci-Fy setting. 

"CODM-???????

Perks 

@@@@

???? "

10