Chapter 214
1.5k 6 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world was filled with excitement when the event ended, and gradually the world began to change.

It became normal to see people performing superhuman feats in the middle of the street, whether it was moving cars or carrying loads that a human normally couldn't bear.

Elderly people who had previously struggled to move seemed to have regained some of their youth.

Although it had its good side, it also had its bad side. Chaos began to appear in many governments; people were no longer as defenseless, and low-caliber firearms showed signs of not being as effective against humans.

Without this fear, many criminal groups became bolder and began to wreak havoc.

At that moment, another group commonly known as Vigilantes emerged, people who had a strong sense of justice and used their abilities to fight criminals.

Fury, as the director of SHIELD, was in charge of these kinds of situations, even if he had recovered his hair, he would have ended up bald again with so much work.

In his office, his desk was filled with various papers; even before the world changed, he didn't trust storing things on computers, and now that there were ridiculous powers without any scientific basis, he dared even less to do so.

These papers were secret reports about discovered mutants or particularly powerful individuals.

He couldn't help but curse Damian again in his mind for what he had done; he not only changed the world but even now gave people a direct way to strengthen themselves.

Although he understood that even if he separated the criminals from the event, they would still end up learning about it; at least he could give them some time to react.

At that moment, the door of his office sounded lightly before someone entered.

Raising his gaze, he saw Clint entering his office.

"How are things going with what I asked you?" Fury asked, turning his gaze back to his desk.

"You ask me for really troublesome things," Clint said, sighing.

"If I didn't ask you for troublesome things, I wouldn't pay you so much," Fury said, not bothered by his complaints.

"Do you want me to write a report?" Clint asked.

"No, give me an oral report; the information will stay between us," Fury said after thinking for a moment.

He still hadn't gotten rid of Pierce, and he didn't want to give away information for free.

"I did what you asked and investigated these two mysterious individuals and the forces under them; my wife complained because I didn't come home for months," Clint complained amidst the report.

"First, I went to the Nordic countries; the atmosphere was somewhat tense since, as the rumors said, a Nordic goddess appeared and took over a good part of the territory. The neighboring governments tried to get rid of her, but they couldn't."

"This is her name," Clint said, holding up a piece of paper with four letters, not daring to say the goddess's name.

"In this business, you can't be cautious enough," Clint said, seeing Fury's look.

"I couldn't find out exactly how the deal went, but they finally let her do as she pleased."

"She's quite arrogant, and unless you have a strength similar to hers, you're just an insect. Still, I realized that she still cares that the people under her live well."

"As for numbers, she has around 3,000 people, all of them seem quite strong although I couldn't test any of them, and the person I tried to infiltrate was killed by her," Clint said, grimacing.

"She seems to have quite good counterintelligence capabilities; I couldn't even get close to the goddess, so I don't have much information about her other than rumors."

"Dealing with the leader of the other group was a little easier; after all, she's not a millennia-old goddess."

"Wanda Maximoff."

"I could find out her story before she came to power, a girl who was orphaned by the constant conflicts in the area, later she joined a protest group and was in it for several years until she came into contact with a quite mysterious person called Harry."

"What little I could find out about him is that he had supernatural abilities; apparently, these could be taught, similar to the sorcerers of the mystical arts."

"Wanda was his student, and apparently, she learned at alarming speeds; according to some rumors, Harry stopped teaching her for fear that she might surpass him."

"No one knows what happened, but in a private meeting between Wanda and Harry, she killed him and took over the country."

"Originally, I thought she had killed her master for power, but in my further research, it didn't seem to be the case."

"The standard of living of the people of Sokovia is even better than when Harry was in charge; after some observations, I came to the conclusion that she is a person who has a tough exterior but is kind-hearted."

"Her strength is also quite good, although not as terrifying as Hela."

"As for her subordinates, they are actually much more powerful than Hela's; I saw several beings with powers, and they were all women, they seemed to be witches," Clint said, lightly joking.

"They don't seem to have been taught by Wanda; it seems that this group of women existed before the world changed and were only hidden," Clint said, smiling ironically.

"Although I don't know why they seem to obey Wanda."

"With magic, it's not difficult to hide," Fury said, sighing, feeling annoyed that such things had escaped him before.

"The threat of Hela to the world is the highest; after all, she's not human, maybe Damian's presence also holds her back a bit."

"As for Wanda, I don't think she's a very big threat; she doesn't seem to have the ambition to expand, and in the end, she's human just like the other witches," Clint said.

"Good job," Fury said, nodding slightly.

"I'll go back to Madripoor," Clint said, nodding slightly, indicating that he didn't want missions for a while.

"Fine," Fury said, frowning slightly but nodding.

Technically, Clint was no longer his agent; he was part of the Avengers, although he did jobs for him; in a way, he was no longer obligated to accept them.

He was the only one he could ask for something; Tony wouldn't accept doing jobs for him unless it was a matter of life or death, Thor wasn't even on Earth, Natasha was pregnant, and although she could do it, Damian refused; Bruce didn't want to get involved in any of that, Steve was waiting for the birth of his child, and finally, the Wasp... even though he knew who she was, he knew that Hank wouldn't allow his daughter to work for him.

It wasn't difficult for him to know that the Wasp was Hope Van Dyne; after all, Ant-Man's records were still at SHIELD.

Without knowing what Fury was thinking, Clint left the SHIELD offices before taking a taxi and heading straight to the airport.

Showing his special visa, he easily got a flight to Madripoor before sitting in the waiting area.

As usual, he began to circulate magic through his body to pass the time; he had calculated that after circulating his magic around his body a thousand times, his statistics would increase by 0.1, although it may seem small, it's something anyone could do.

Circulating magic was something he had come up with; instead of using magic to enhance physical abilities, he would let the magic permeate his body, resulting in a general strengthening faster than normal.

This is where the advantage of a greater amount of Magic comes into play; you can circulate more times a day and strengthen yourself faster.

Clint wasn't very different from other humans, starting with only 2 Magic.

Fortunately, he lived in Madripoor and had the resources to buy mutant creature meat, so his Magic increased quite rapidly.

Hearing his flight being called, he quickly stood up before boarding and finding his seat.

Several hours passed, and Clint only took a short nap; his Magic had been completely spent in the first hour of the flight.

After eating, he had recovered and had managed to spend it once more.

The plane soon landed, and Clint grabbed his bag before disembarking and leaving the airport.

Arriving on the sidewalk, at that moment a red sports car stopped next to him.

"Hi, want to go grab something to drink?" a voice inside the car said as the window rolled down.

Clint managed to see the striking red hair before smiling slightly and getting into the car.

"How was work?" Natasha asked casually as she began to drive.

"Dangerous, dealing with gods and witches is really stressful," Clint said, sighing.

"I told you not to risk your life for Fury's missions," Natasha said, frowning.

"Especially if it's Hela; that woman is really powerful, more than I am," Natasha said.

"Really?" Clint asked, surprised.

"Yes, maybe only Carol could face her," Natasha said, nodding before stopping at a restaurant.

"From bars to restaurants?" Clint joked lightly to pass the sudden chill he felt at the thought of spying on such a powerful being.

He knew that Carol was terribly powerful, and only Damian was stronger than her.

"Sophia will scold me if she knows I drank alcohol while pregnant," Natasha said, smiling ironically.

"You really don't look like a 7-month pregnant woman," Clint said, shaking his head.

The two quickly entered the restaurant, and influenced by Natasha, Clint also ordered a juice.

"How's the world?" Clint asked casually, starting a conversation.

"Chaotic, the Spartans are constantly deployed to solve some more problematic situations," Natasha said, shaking her head.

"Hm," Clint said, nodding without finding it strange.

"And how's your strength?" Natasha asked with a curious smile.

"If you were like you were before transforming, I could probably beat you," Clint said, laughing slightly.

"I wonder about that," Natasha said, laughing.

"Tell me... would you like the world to be like it was before? Or do you like the current state?" Natasha asked, looking at Clint.

"I like the feeling of getting stronger, although the world is a bit messed up, wasn't it the same before? I think at least now people have more options to get ahead," Clint said honestly after thinking about it.

"Sometimes I think about all the people who have died because of the system; maybe some shouldn't have died?" Natasha said.

"Really... are you sure you were a feared assassin?" Clint said, shaking his head.

Still, it was because of that kind of personality that Clint finally decided not to kill Natasha.

Natasha just finished her juice before sticking her tongue out at Clint as she stood up.

"Let's go; I'll take you home," Natasha said, walking.

Clint also turned his glass, drinking the last bit before following Natasha.

Both got into the car before Natasha started driving to the private residential complex where Clint and his family lived, which was also the same place where her own parents lived, and also Steve and Peggy.

Natasha quickly arrived in front of Clint's house before getting out.

Clint went first and took out the keys before opening the door.

Natasha entered behind him, looking around for the people.

"Honey? I'm home!" Clint said, leaving his bag on the couch.

Soon footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

"Hi," Laura said, giving them both a smile before approaching and hugging them.

"And the kids?" Clint asked, looking at Laura.

"They went to play with Frank's kids," Laura said, smiling.

"Oh! Really? I didn't know that; what a coincidence," Natasha said, surprised.

"Maybe in the future, they'll be in-laws," Natasha teased Clint.

"Pff, it's possible," Laura also laughed.

Clint just grimaced, not wanting to continue the subject; his daughter was only 14 years old.

"And you, still don't look pregnant," Laura said, looking at Natasha's abdomen.

"It probably won't start showing for a few more months," Natasha said, laughing lightly.

"What a madness," Laura said, shaking her head as she laughed.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

77