Chapter 224
1.2k 7 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pierce was in a vehicle alongside Sterns on the way to the location indicated by Ross.

Security was very tight, and multiple checkpoints were passed until they reached the center of the military camp.

Pierce assumed that this place was where Ross created his super soldiers, in addition to improving himself with Bruce's blood.

There were really few secrets that HYDRA didn't know.

When they got out of the car, Ross was already waiting for them with several soldiers around him.

Sterns could tell they were somewhat similar to the super soldiers he had created with Blonsky's blood, although he didn't know which ones were better.

Everyone wasted no time and got straight to the point.

"Explain to me in detail how we'll do this," said Ross, sitting in front of Pierce and Sterns.

"I've developed a magical tattoo that will allow us to gather within the event."

"The Avengers group is a few kilometers from my camp, my men have been constantly following them, and they are too arrogant or confident to care that they are being followed."

"The plan is to gather our men and eliminate them, thus delaying their strengthening, especially for Steve. With enough time, he could really become a threat. I don't know what was in the Erskine formula, but it made a difference, it made it better," said Sterns. He had analyzed the blood samples taken by SHIELD, and it was truly insane.

"The biggest threat is Bruce, but I'm sure we can deal with him. The rest of the Avengers are tough guys, but nothing that numbers can't solve," said Sterns.

Ross nodded slightly upon hearing the plan. He didn't care if Steve was special; he already had Damian over his head, and he didn't think Steve could surpass him.

What mattered to him was whether there was an effective plan to eliminate his greatest threat, Bruce.

In this case, it was to quickly eliminate Bruce along with Blonsky.

"Let's cooperate," said Ross, nodding without beating around the bush.

"Dr. Sterns will have to personally apply the tattoo to them; it's a simple procedure that only takes a few seconds," said Pierce carefully, as it was a somewhat delicate issue.

Ross looked at one of his men, who immediately stepped forward and extended his arm, giving him space to do it wherever he wanted.

Sterns extended his hand and channeled his magic, creating a magical tattoo. The process didn't last more than 30 seconds and was totally painless.

The soldier checked his status in the system and saw no problem, so he nodded to Ross.

Ross nodded before giving the order, having a hundred of his best soldiers take turns to have the tattoo applied, and he had it done himself at the end.

He still had some confidence in his strength; this little tattoo couldn't affect him. At worst, they would know his location.

But he thought it wouldn't be difficult to eliminate them.

"Then we'll see you at the event; we must move as quickly as possible," said Pierce, nodding to Ross and standing up.

"I'll be waiting for you," said Ross, nodding and instructing a soldier to see them off.

Of course, he didn't trust them in the least; he wouldn't be surprised if, after finishing off the Avengers, they turned on him.

Looking at the tattoo on his arm, he stood up before venturing further into the military camp.

He soon arrived at the laboratory, where his best scientists were.

"Richards, I have a little matter I want you to look into," said Ross, approaching the young scientist.

"Tell me, sir," said Reed Richards, nodding and looking at Ross.

"Can you replicate this magical tattoo?" Ross asked, extending his arm to Richards.

Richards looked at the tattoo, which was softly glowing, before pulling out a device resembling a scanner and placing it over the tattoo.

"I can't do it in a short time," Richards said, shaking his head after the analysis.

"The person who created this tattoo has a much higher magic density than mine. I suppose it's not human," he said with interest.

"Hm," said Ross, frowning, assuming it wouldn't be so easy.

''Sir, if you tell me what you need I can see what I can do,'' Richards said to Ross.

"I want my men to be able to detect my location within the event," Ross said, looking at Richards.

"It's possible, but it will be a consumable and not something with multiple uses like this tattoo," Richards said, looking at the tattoo and thinking it over.

"That's enough," said Ross, nodding satisfactorily.

"I'll work on it. Three hours before the event, come to see me, and I'll have it ready," Richards said.

"Good," said Ross, giving a slight smile before leaving the laboratory and going to order his men.

....

Damian had no idea about all the things happening at the event.

He just lived one day at a time, enjoying the company of his family.

He spent time with his daughters in the mornings before sending them to school, then would spend time with his wives before leaving the entire afternoon to continue completing his magic circle.

It was a bit stressful to see how slowly it was going; the number of runes in the magic circle was absurd. He was anxious to test the power it would have once completed.

Suddenly, he felt the familiar magical pulse sent by Sophia through the palace, indicating that it was time for dinner.

Finishing tracing the rune, Damian opened his eyes and stood up before starting to walk toward the dining room.

As he walked down the hallway to go downstairs, a door suddenly opened to the side, and the first thing he saw was long black hair.

Soon a pair of green eyes fixed on him before narrowing slightly in a smile.

"Has anyone told you that you're very beautiful?" Damian said, smiling as he put an arm around her waist.

"Perhaps not as often as I'd like," Ana said, smiling slightly as she hugged Damian's neck.

Damian just curved his lips before kissing her head.

"How's your magic going?" they both asked at the same time before looking at each other and laughing.

"It's going well. I created my third magic circle," Ana said. She had been quite lax in the past; she could easily be in the fourth circle by now.

"I'm creating the sixth, but as I told you before, it will probably take a long time," Damian said, smiling ironically.

"That's okay," Ana said, smiling slightly before leaning up and kissing Damian's lips lightly. Then she released his neck before taking his hand and starting to walk toward the dining room.

The previously smiling Ana had suddenly calmed down; Damian would never admit that he really loved how she only showed that side of herself to him.

The two walked hand in hand until they reached the dining room; everyone was already seated, and they were the only ones missing.

"Daddy and Mommy were flirting," Alice said, laughing as she saw them arrive.

Everyone chuckled at Alice's remark as Damian and Ana took their seats.

"How was school?" Damian asked, smiling at his daughters.

"Good, I came first in combat class," Alice said proudly.

Damian could only purse his lips as he watched her act like this; his Alice was so innocent, and perhaps she didn't even realize that words could hurt.

He could see Emma and Ivy's expressions turn annoyed as they heard her.

He figured he'd have to do something about it.

"And are there other strong older kids?" Natasha asked, smiling, trying to change the subject to something more pleasant.

"There are some," Alice nodded.

"Brian, Aminah, and Sharon are the strongest after us," Ivy said, nodding.

No one found this strange; after all, they were vampires.

"Clint and Frank's kids are also pretty good; you can tell their parents have taught them well," Sophia said, knowing this as the school principal.

"Tell me, is it true that Clint and Frank's kids get along?" Natasha asked, looking at Sophia.

"Hm, Frank and Clint's son and daughter are the same age, so they're in the same class," Sophia chuckled softly.

"How are your parents and your brother?" Sophia asked, looking at Carol.

"They're fine," Carol said casually.

"They still insist on staying in the United States?" Sophia asked.

"Yes, they say they've made a life for themselves there, so I haven't mentioned it to them again," Carol said. She had tried to get them to move to Madripoor, but they refused.

Ophelia just clicked her tongue, thinking they were just being foolish; she knew Madripoor was almost a perfect country, and she had kept it on the right track herself. She couldn't imagine anyone not liking to live there.

Of course, these were her thoughts, but she wouldn't say them out of respect for Carol.

"Speaking of families, how's yours?" Carol asked, looking at Natasha.

"Fine, actually. They plan to open a business; I'll help them a bit to get settled," Natasha said, smiling happily.

"What kind of business? They're not going back to their old jobs, are they?" Ophelia joked.

"It's a quieter business than you think; you'll find out," Natasha said, laughing lightly without saying it directly.

Dinner passed quickly; everyone went to do their own thing, and the girls went to play for a while before getting their things ready for the next day.

Natasha took the opportunity to sneak away to the laboratory under the palace.

She quickly arrived at the dining room where there were a few soldiers; looking around quickly, she found the scientist before walking over to him and sitting next to him.

"Hello," Natasha said, smiling.

"My queen," the scientist said, smiling ironically, clearly knowing the reason for her visit.

"It'll be ready tomorrow," the scientist said.

"Can we take a look? Finish eating first," Natasha said, smiling.

"Sure," the scientist sighed.

A few minutes later, the scientist finished eating and led Natasha through the facilities.

They soon arrived at a section of the laboratory that was a shipyard.

There, ships were modified and then sent out to sea; the castle wasn't far from the beach, so it was still feasible.

In the shipyard was a 30-meter-long fishing boat with a thick hull.

"This is it, made with the best technology. Even if it encounters a hostile titan, it'll withstand long enough for the king to come to the rescue," the scientist said, looking at Natasha who was examining the boat carefully.

"I like it, thank you," Natasha said, smiling before rushing to the boat and looking at it curiously while taking some photos.

"Hmph, I'll leave it at the port tomorrow," the scientist huffed before leaving the place, out of Natasha's sight, he smiled slightly, happy to be able to serve the king's family.

....

Sterns reappeared at the event.

His heart was beating a little faster than usual, feeling a bit nervous about what they were about to do.

They were not only up against the Avengers but, in a way, they were also going against Madripoor, which was a taboo place in the world.

Taking a deep breath, Sterns sent a strong magical pulse for several minutes as he waited for everyone to gather.

As soon as the first soldier arrived, he quickly sent him to spy on the Avengers; he wanted to know if they were still in the same place. If they had to search for them again, it would delay their plans, and there would be a possibility that the system would notify them of their intentions.

Ross's men also began to arrive, and they clearly kept their distance.

Nearly an hour passed when Ross finally arrived.

The resounding footsteps were a good warning.

A intimidating red giant appeared among the trees, putting all of HYDRA's soldiers on edge.

During this time, Blonsky had also arrived, but he remained in his human form to avoid attracting too much attention.

After years of training, he had fully mastered his transformation.

"Where are they?" Ross said with an incredibly deep voice.

"10 kilometers ahead," Sterns said, pointing in a direction.

Ross looked at everyone present; there were more than 1000 people, all superhumans with magical abilities. He couldn't see how the Avengers could survive this.

His eyes suddenly fixed on Blonsky; he looked the same as back then. He couldn't help but look at him with a bit of irritation; his insubordination had cost him dearly. Still, that wasn't the time for grudges.

"Let's go," Ross said, starting to walk toward the location.

"Wait, why don't we make a detailed plan?" Sterns asked.

"With our current superiority, is it necessary? Stark doesn't even have an armor, and Wasp doesn't have her suit. If your men can't handle something so simple, they should stay behind," Ross said before continuing to walk without looking back.

"Damn it, this idiot," Sterns muttered, not daring to say it too loud.

"Advance while surrounding the Avengers; we'll attack after Ross," Sterns said, gesturing with his hand, causing his soldiers to disperse immediately.

He gave a slight nod to Blonsky before starting to move forward.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

58