Chapter 84
2.8k 13 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damian and the ladies woke up to the alarm set by Natasha. They knew it was the family's baby girl's birthday, so they all got up.

Everyone dressed and went downstairs. Sophia was already in the kitchen with some maids, finishing decorating a small cake.

"Is it ready?" Damian asked, smiling.

"Yes," Sophia said, smiling as she took the cake.

"And the secret ingredient?" Ana asked, looking at the cake with interest.

"So it has," said Sophia, looking at the cake hungrily. It had been baked with some of Damian's blood. Sophia and Ana had started experimenting with using his blood in cooking, and the results were always good.

"Why aren't Monica, Jane, and Maria here yet?" Damian asked with a slight frown, looking at the time.

"They must be coming soon. Relax," said Sophia, smiling.

After waiting for about 15 minutes while they talked, the three finally arrived.

"Dad," Monica said, hugging Damian with a smile.

"What took you so long, honey?" Damian asked, stroking her hair.

"We were choosing what to wear," Monica said, laughing.

"We? Sounds like a lot of people. It was you who didn't know what to wear," said Jane, looking at Monica speechless.

After everyone greeted each other, they went to the babies' room together, woke them up, and wished them a happy birthday with cake.

"It smells so good," said Ivy, with sparkling eyes as she looked at the cake.

"Taste some," Damian said with a smile before breaking the cake into three pieces.

"It's delicious," said Alice excitedly. It was the first time she tasted such delicious food.

"Hm," nodded Emma as she continued eating.

Everyone celebrated together and wished them a happy birthday. The girls were hugged and kissed by everyone, congratulating them.

After spending some time together, they decided it was time to start getting ready for the party.

"I'll go get dressed then," Sophia said, smiling before leaving for her room.

"I'll wait for them downstairs," said Monica, pulling Jane with her. She wanted to see if there were any new games.

Maria, with nothing to do, left the palace for a walk.

"I think it's your turn today. I'll go take a bath," said Damian, laughing as he walked out of the room, thinking about taking a relaxing bath.

"Cough... then I'll let you take care of my daughters," Natasha said jokingly as she ran to bathe with Damian.

The three mothers looked at each other speechless as they watched Natasha instantly abandon them for Damian.

"Let's bathe them in the bathtub in our room," said Carol, looking at Ana and Ophelia seriously.

"Yeah, fuck 'em. Either we all enjoy it or nobody," Ophelia said with a nod.

Ana just looked disdainfully at Ophelia, as she was never included in the 'all'.

The three mothers grabbed their daughters and walked to the large tub where Natasha had already undressed and was flirting with Damian.

Sensing his arrival, Natasha turned around and made an unnatural expression before pouting and relaxing in the water.

Carol just gave her a mischievous smile.

"Mommy, let go of me," said Ivy, looking at her mother.

"Sweetheart, you still can't swim," said Ophelia, giving a wry smile.

"Swimming?" Ivy asked in confusion.

"Yes, if you go in the water, you sink unless you know how to swim," said Ophelia, demonstrating it to her and only holding her when the water was coming up to her face.

Seeing their sister, Alice and Emma looked at their mothers, wanting to say they also wanted to try.

Carol and Ana rolled their eyes before also 'playing' with them, showing them that they could not float.

The three sisters just pouted. They were always bathed in a tub where the water was not deep, so they could move and play to their heart's content.

After everyone had a bath, they began to get dressed, leaving the girls in bed playing before getting dressed quickly.

Natasha finished dressing before approaching the three little girls and playing with them.

"What dress are we going to put them in?" Natasha asked with a smile.

"How about matching their hair color?" asked Ophelia.

"Let's give it a try," said Carol, smiling in amusement.

Natasha also smiled broadly, holding a dress in her hands.

The three sisters looked at the four women with dresses in their hands, with confused expressions.

The four women quickly surrounded the three babies as they began to dress them.

A few minutes later, they stepped back, and Damian saw three beautiful little princesses dressed in matching hair-colored dresses.

Each wore a dress the same color as her hair. Seeing them standing together was really interesting.

They each wore a little flared dress that came a little below the knee. They looked adorable and could still play.

"My princesses look really pretty," said Damian, smiling at them.

The three little girls just giggled adorably as they listened to their father.

With everyone dressed, they went downstairs and into the living room, where they usually gathered.

Monica, Jane, and Sophia were chatting while waiting for everyone to arrive.

"You finally came downstairs. Jane was already getting hungry," said Monica, ignoring Jane's annoyed look.

''Are you sure you're not the one who's hungry?'' Damian asked, embracing Monica while stroking her hair.

''Yes,'' Monica replied, closing her eyes and enjoying his caresses, before realizing what she had said.

''Silly,'' Jane said, covering her mouth and laughing.

''My little girls look absolutely adorable in their dresses,'' Sophia remarked, bending down to admire the girls.

''Grandma, who's the prettiest?'' Alice cheerfully asked, not fully understanding the implications of the question, as she had seen her mothers asking their daddy the same question.

''Hey, honey, why don't you go and fetch Sassy? I think I saw her in the garden,'' Sophia suggested with a slightly uncomfortable smile.

''Okay,'' Alice responded, looking at her sisters with a smile and shifting the topic.

''Don't get dirty,'' Ana cautioned as she watched them run off.

"Yes, Mom,'' the three girls replied in unison.

''My little ones,'' Ophelia said with an affectionate smile as she observed them play.

''Wow, Viper's actually smiling,'' Carol teased, noticing Ophelia's smile.

Ophelia's smile froze, and she looked at Carol with annoyance.

''Just so you know, despite being an assassin, I've always had a kind heart,'' Ophelia retorted, trying to maintain a serious expression.

''Yeah, right,'' Carol laughed, playfully tapping Ophelia's arm.

''I'm sure you've killed more people than I have to do that ship-crossing thing you enjoy so much,'' Ophelia mockingly remarked.

Carol grimaced, knowing that Ophelia's remark was true. Larger ships typically carried hundreds of living creatures.

''Girls, it's a happy day, let's not dwell on such matters,'' Sophia interjected with a frown.

Damian was about to support Sophia's comment when his phone started ringing.

''Hello,'' Damian answered the call.

''Hey, Damian, I have a little problem,'' Tony said, sounding somewhat uneasy.

''Let me guess, someone managed to sneak onto your jet to join us,'' Damian chuckled.

''I won't even ask how you guessed that. What should I do?'' Tony asked, knowing that it was Damian's house and that if he said the person couldn't get off the plane, Tony would accept it.

''Just let them do as they please,'' Damian replied. Obadiah had less than a year to live, so he should enjoy himself.

''Thanks, I owe you one,'' Tony sighed in relief.

''What are friends for?'' Damian said, smiling.

''We're landing now. I'll be there soon,'' Tony informed him.

''I'll send a car to pick you up. Say hi to Pepper for me,'' Damian said, smiling before ending the call.

''Fuck you,'' Tony muttered into the phone, but unfortunately, no one heard him.

Damian smiled as he looked at his phone.

''Was it the idiot playboy?'' Carol sneered.

Damian chuckled upon hearing Carol's reference to Tony. Both of them had a sarcastic and snobbish personalities, which caused them to clash.

Whenever Tony visited, they exchanged biting remarks with each other.

''Yes, it was him. He said he's already landing,'' Damian confirmed with a nod.

''And Jen?'' Sophia inquired.

''I'm not sure,'' Damian replied, shaking his head.

''She'll arrive at some point. Let's go to the living room,'' Ana suggested, holding Emma in her arms, who had arrived with Sassy.

Just as Ana finished speaking, a circular orange portal appeared at a distance, and a bald woman in a Buddhist dress emerged from it.

''Oh, hi Jen. You're just in time,'' Damian greeted her with a smile.

''Hello, everyone,'' Jen greeted back, waving with her trademark smile.

''Aunt Jen!'' Alice, Emma, and Ivy exclaimed, running towards Jen and hugging her.

Jen smiled gently and bent down to greet them. For Jen, meeting Damian's three daughters was always a pleasant experience. Their purity and innocence provided a refreshing contrast to her accustomed solitude.

"I brought you a little gift," Jen said, smiling as she pulled out three medium-sized boxes wrapped in colorful paper, handing one to each of them.

"I was a bit late searching for a place to wrap these presents," Jen added with a slight smile.

Damian chuckled, imagining the surprise the store employees must have felt when Jen appeared out of nowhere.

"Let's head to the hall," Damian suggested, leading the group to the designated party area.

They entered a spacious room with two tables on either side, adorned with a variety of delicious food. Several guests had already arrived, including prominent figures from Madripoor, ranging from former crime bosses to several Kree individuals.

Although most people present were familiar with the three little princesses, their daughters had not yet met them. This would be their first interaction with strangers.

Damian surveyed the room and noticed that everyone's attention was on him, except for Tony, who was engaged in a hushed conversation. Pepper tapped Tony on the shoulder to quiet him, but he seemed oblivious, wearing a smug expression while the other person appeared slightly irritated.

As Damian's gaze shifted towards them, many others followed suit, making them the center of attention. Tony seemed unfazed, but the other person grew increasingly nervous, sweating slightly.

Amused, Damian chuckled to himself, observing Tony's antics.

"Greetings, everyone. I am delighted to have you all here to celebrate my daughters' first birthday. I hope you enjoy yourselves, and I extend my gratitude in advance for the gifts you have brought," Damian addressed the gathering with a warm smile.

All eyes were fixed on Damian, except for Tony and Pepper, as he held considerable power and was the key to immortality within Madripoor.

Most individuals present harbored a desire to become vampires, but Damian had yet to give the green light to such requests, and no one dared to ask directly.

Ophelia laughed softly alongside Damian, fully aware of the thoughts running through the minds of these men. After all, she had interacted with them the most.

"Alright, the show's over. Mind your own business," Ophelia interjected, noticing that some were still staring in silence.

Upon hearing Ophelia's remark, they grimaced and returned their attention to their affairs, and the atmosphere was noticeably relaxed. Small conversations resumed as guests leisurely indulged in the food.

"These guys need a firm hand to keep them in line," Ophelia commented, shaking her head. She understood her people well.

The other women chuckled at Ophelia's remark, acknowledging her aptitude for managing such situations.

"You seem to handle them better than I do," Damian said, laughing.

"You're too polite. These guys are mostly ex-criminals. You have to deal with them firmly; otherwise, they don't know how to behave," Ophelia replied, crossing her arms with an air of arrogance.

"You were the right choice for the job," Damian remarked, nodding in approval.

"Alright, girls, you can go..." Damian began, only to realize his daughters were no longer by his side. Scanning the room, he spotted them sneaking around one of the tables, sampling the food.

"They're quite adept at slipping away," Sophia remarked, smiling at Damian's perplexed expression.

"They certainly are. I'll go say hello to Tony," Damian said, amused by his daughters' playful behavior.

"By the way, who was Tony talking to?" Damian inquired, turning to Ophelia.

"He's the mayor of one of the eight zones in Madripoor, though he's considered the 'weakest' among them," Ophelia replied, recalling his apprehensive reaction to the spotlight.

"I see," Damian nodded before making his way to Tony.

"Why do you say he's the weakest?" Carol asked, puzzled.

"Each area of Madripoor has its own police force and soldiers securing the territory. His zone is deemed the weakest as they possess only conventional weaponry," Ophelia explained.

"Unlike some other zones where vampires and highly advanced alien weapons are involved," Ophelia added, smiling.

"Poor guy," Carol remarked, laughing.

"He's competent at managing his area, though," Ophelia casually remarked.

"Well, let's grab something to eat," Carol said, heading towards the table and reaching for a beer.

"Come on, I want to try that," Jane exclaimed, pulling Monica along as they approached the table.

The group dispersed, occasionally casting glances at the girls who had already begun interacting with other children, exchanging greetings and smiles.

----

Remember that you can support me and read 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader.

122