Chapter 133
2.3k 16 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is something wrong, sweetheart?" Damian asked, smiling slightly at her without acting strangely given the situation.

"I see something, it's beneath that lake," Emma said, tilting her head slightly, looking confused.

"Do you want us to go check it out?" Damian asked, stroking Emma's cheek.

"Daddy should go alone with Mama Ophelia," Emma said, shaking her head and smiling as her eyes gradually returned to normal.

Darcy and Erik stared wide-eyed at Emma, almost wondering if what they saw was real.

"Emma, your eyes looked really cool," Alice said, approaching Emma excitedly.

Ivy also approached Emma, but her expression wavered for a moment. Alice could shoot beams from her hands, and Emma seemed to be able to see things in addition to her glowing eyes. Ivy didn't seem to have anything special.

Unaware of her sisters' thoughts, Emma smiled at them happily. Unlike what Damian might think, Emma knew what had happened; she had seen herself with her eyes glowing.

She had seen her daddy and mommy entering a magical door under the water.

Although Emma didn't notice Ivy's expression, Damian and Ophelia did notice the strange expression that briefly flickered across Ivy's face.

They exchanged a brief look before Damian nodded toward her, indicating that he would take care of it.

"Alright, girls, brush your teeth, and we'll go search for what Emma saw," Damian said, smiling at them.

"Come on, honey, I'll help you," Damian said, picking up Ivy in his arms and kissing her on the cheek.

Ivy's expression immediately improved as she laughed and playfully struggled with her father.

Carol, Ana, and Ophelia understood that Damian wanted to be alone with Ivy, so they distracted Alice and Emma to give them a little more time.

Damian arrived with Ivy at the improvised bathroom they had, with a mirror and a sink. Damian placed a stool before placing Ivy on it, bringing them to a convenient height.

"Do you want to talk to me about something, sweetheart?" Damian asked, smiling at Ivy through the mirror.

Ivy was slightly taken aback by his question before hesitating and looking at her father in the mirror.

"Daddy, why don't I have special abilities like my sisters?" Ivy asked sadly.

Damian accelerated his thought processes to very high levels as he tried to come up with an answer that would satisfy his daughter. He truly didn't know if Ivy would have a special ability.

Alice only had her mother's powers and couldn't be considered a special ability.

Emma might be the only one who could be considered as such since her ability didn't seem to be related to her vampire abilities.

Telling Ivy that she would probably awaken an ability would be a lie since he wasn't sure about it.

Damian sighed before looking back in the direction where Emma was and concentrating intensely while using the powers of his tenth familiar, who could control the mind and soul.

Superficially looking at his daughter's soul, he surprisingly saw something resembling a blue symbol with stars inside, very similar to her eyes.

Damian looked at this symbol with confusion; he had never seen anything like it before. He also didn't spend much time looking at people's souls as it was a bit uncomfortable for his eyes.

Turning his gaze to Alice, he saw that she had a similar symbol, but it was an intense gold and had a golden aura overflowing from it, though it seemed to be only partially awakened.

Damian assumed it was due to her age; that also explained why Alice couldn't harness cosmic energy like Carol.

Now, with a bit of nervousness, Damian returned his gaze to Ivy. It would be heartbreaking for him to see his daughter's face when he told her that she doesn't have the ability like her sisters.

Fortunately, upon looking at Ivy, he saw that she also had a symbol, but this one seemed completely dormant.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Damian returned his perception of time to normal.

"Sweetie, you'll also have your special ability; it's just that it's still asleep, perhaps it's a bit lazy," Damian joked while hugging her.

"Do I really have one too?" Ivy asked excitedly, looking at her father.

"Has Daddy ever lied to you?" Damian said, smiling at her.

"No," Ivy said, shaking her head.

"Just don't be discouraged; you're just as special as your sisters, maybe it will just take a little more time," Damian said, kissing Ivy's head before helping her brush her teeth.

Ivy smiled happily and was no longer worried about her sisters' abilities.

A few seconds later, Alice and Emma arrived with their mothers, who also helped them brush their teeth before returning to the table.

"Alright, then let's obey my princess and go just the two of us," Damian said, looking at Ophelia.

Carol whistled, teasing them as if cheering for a couple.

"Let's go," Ophelia said with a relaxed smile, though internally she felt a bit expectant. She wondered if something more would happen, glancing at Emma, she couldn't help but think she should spoil her when they return.

But she halted that thought; if something else happened, didn't that mean Emma saw it?

Looking at Emma's innocent appearance, it didn't seem to be the case.

With these thoughts in her mind, Ophelia walked with Damian to the lake before both of them were submerged under everyone's gaze.

Damian carefully scanned the lake, previously only doing a superficial check for any dangerous creatures.

Now paying close attention, he detected a stone door under layers of algae and dirt. It seemed incredibly ancient given the amount of dirt on it.

Damian took Ophelia's hand and guided her to the spot, starting to move the dirt with his abilities.

A large hole quickly formed, and they continued diving.

Both of them arrived in front of a stone door with inscriptions on it.

Damian, who knew the Bhadwuan language, quickly identified that it was a magically sealed door.

Extending his hand, he touched the door and infused a bit of magic.

The inscriptions on the door lit up and started to glow, and the door trembled slightly before opening.

The door seemed to have an enchantment that prevented water from entering, as the water didn't rush in.

Seeing this, both took a step inside, causing the door to close and the interior to light up.

"Doesn't this seem like one of those movies where the place is filled with traps?" Ophelia said, looking around with interest.

"It does, but in reality, there are no traps," Damian said after inspecting the surroundings.

"Let's move forward," Damian said, starting to walk and following the corridor.

After walking for a few seconds, they arrived at what seemed to be a room.

"Was this a bunker?" Ophelia asked, looking at Damian.

"Seems like it," Damian said with a hint of curiosity, approaching a desk next to a bookshelf.

There was a parchment with a long paragraph and a quill beside it as if it had been written recently, but nothing could be further from the truth, as no one had entered this place for over 12,000 years.

Damian could clearly sense that with his abilities.

"This validates the theory that things used to be of better quality, doesn't it?" Damian said, joking to himself.

"What are you talking about?" Ophelia said, looking at Damian with confusion.

"This place is over 12,000 years old. I suppose that between the high-quality materials and the lack of wind currents, everything was preserved," Damian said, a bit surprised.

"What does it say?" Ophelia asked, looking at the letter but not daring to touch it. What if it disintegrated in her hands?

Damian approached and read the scroll aloud.

"If you're reading this, I'm probably already dead," Damian began to read.

"How cliché," Ophelia teased.

"I brought the last of my kind to this place. My old friend told me this would be the only place where we could survive. A great civilization like ours reduced to homeless wanderers—it fills me with anger just thinking about it."

"I curse the gods, the witches, and the monsters who didn't help us fight against the celestials. They merely buried their heads and left us to our fate."

"In the end, for what? The Earth dried up, the gods were expelled from the planet, the witches were forced to hide in a pocket dimension, and the monsters had no choice but to live underground, absorbing the little magic that remained."

"By now, I've probably left this place in search of reviving our civilization. If I don't return, it's because something happened to me. Remember not to trust any other race; in the end, you can only rely on yourself."

"Prince Zor"

Damian and Ophelia fell silent as they processed the information.

Damian finally pieced together a lot of loose information he had and had a more complete picture of what the world was like before the cataclysm.

He assumed that Prince Zor was the first king of this place, although he didn't know why nobody came here. Maybe he didn't get to tell anyone? Or the person he told died prematurely.

"How incredible," Ophelia said with a sigh. Discovering history feels really good.

"The truly incredible part must be in these books," Damian said, looking at the bookshelf filled with books. He could see many interesting titles, probably some of the few important things that survived the cataclysm.

"Following you always leads to crazy things," Ophelia said with a smile. It's been that way since she first met him.

"I'll keep everything," Damian said, enveloping the books with his senses before storing them in his dimensional pocket.

"Seems like there's nothing more here. It really doesn't look like something that belonged to a prince," Ophelia said, looking around the simple room.

"There's still so much history we don't know, I'm particularly interested in these three factions that apparently existed back then," Damian said with a smile.

"Whatever, tell me what happened with Ivy?" Ophelia asked, approaching and hugging Damian from behind, resting her head on his shoulder.

"That's another matter I don't fully understand, but like her sisters, she has an ability separate from her vampire abilities," Damian said, furrowing his brow a bit due to the matter related to his daughters that were beyond his control.

"I wonder if she hasn't manifested her abilities because of me. After all, Carol and Ana are much more powerful than I am," Ophelia said thoughtfully.

"Although I think I'm smarter than them," Ophelia said, chuckling softly before extending her hand in front of Damian, causing a small magical circle to appear.

Damian took Ophelia's hand in surprise as he looked at the small magical circle that was very similar to his.

"Congratulations, you did it. Although you should have told me before doing it; it could have been dangerous," Damian said, smiling at her.

"Now that I've achieved it, don't I get some reward?" Ophelia asked, turning and embracing Damian from the front. Every part of her body was pressed against his as she looked at him.

"What would you like this king to bestow upon you?" Damian said, holding Ophelia's chin and tilting it up towards him as he teased.

"Maybe the title of Queen of Madripoor?" Ophelia said flirtatiously, giving him a seductive smile with her green lips.

"Is that what you desire?" Damian asked with a slight smile as his face drew closer to Ophelia's.

Ophelia smiled before kissing Damian, her arms wrapped around his neck.

Damian responded to Ophelia's kiss, embracing her waist.

"That was nice," Ophelia whispered softly as the kiss ended.

"Now… how about we test the durability of that bed? It's for science," Ophelia said, laughing.

Damian was surprised for a moment before letting out a soft chuckle as he lifted Ophelia by her legs and wrapped them around him.

Ophelia took the opportunity to use her magical circle to clean the bed. Even if it looked fine, she still wanted to make sure it was clean.

Damian gently pushed Ophelia onto the bed before sharing a glance and a smile.

Both seemed to have some anticipation as they quickly undressed each other.

Before they knew it, their clothes had vanished from their bodies and the heat in the room seemed to rise.

The skin-to-skin contact and the kisses they shared made them both want to remember that day years ago.

''Maybe I do remember something, it's just that I feel like something is missing," Ophelia said with an excited blush as she stood on all four legs and looked back at Damian.

Damian needed no further invitation and quickly positioned himself behind Ophelia before sliding inside her and being rewarded with an almost liberating moan from Ophelia as he held her hips.

They quickly lost themselves in their desires and began to make love as only two vampires can.

Once they started, they both lost all sense of time as they continued with unbridled passion.

----

Remember that you can support me and read 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader.

104