Chapter 101: Where to Go From Here
157 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After deciding that it was safe, I brought the three Ultra Recon Squad members with Lusamine and me back to Jolene's house. During the walk, Dulse walked beside me, while the women all walked together. 

"So, not only can you create Ultra Space pocket dimensions, but you can also fill them with whatever you want?" Dulse asked, but I wiggled my hand.

"It is not that easy. I can't just add what I want, but the girls can upgrade their habitats. There will also be a city in the future, but that is a ways away," I explained, and Dulse nodded to himself.

"You have been a case study for Soliera for a while now. She is the one who discovered you were important, but I don't think she could have ever dreamed that you would be so unique," Dulse smiled, and I chuckled.

The man didn't look like he smiled very much, and like the other two, his skin was almost gray. It made me wonder what kind of place they came from.

As we entered Jolene's house, the atmosphere was a mix of curiosity and caution. The Ultra Recon Squad members were greeted by the girls, and introductions were made. It was a surreal scene, with people from different dimensions coming together in a small living room.

Jolene looked at the Ultra Recon Squad with a mix of interest and suspicion. "So, you guys are from another dimension, and you're here to help with all the weird stuff going on?"

Soliera nodded, offering a polite smile. "That's correct. Our main goal is to investigate and address the anomalies, including the activities of a group known as the Endbringers."

Jolene raised an eyebrow. "Endbringers? Sounds ominous. What are they after?"

"They seek to exploit the power of legendary Pokémon and take advantage of dimensional anomalies for their own purposes. We're here to put an end to their activities and prevent further damage," Soliera explained.

The girls exchanged glances, absorbing the information. It was clear that they were processing the gravity of the situation.

Nemona spoke up, her fiery spirit undeterred. "Well, if they're causing trouble, we'll help put a stop to it! No one messes with our world!"

Jolene nodded in agreement. "That sounds good, but you all must be hungry after your trip?" She asked, and I heard stomach noises come from Zossie. 

Her face instantly turned red as she turned away, making the girls laugh.

"I will get some food ready, so just relax, I am sure that you all have a lot to talk to Landon about, right?" Jolene asked as she stood up and walked over to her kitchen.

Soliera nodded appreciatively. "Yes, there's much to discuss. We need to coordinate our efforts and gather as much information as possible. The sooner we understand the full scope of these anomalies, the better."

As Jolene prepared some food, we gathered in the living room to continue the conversation. The atmosphere was a mix of curiosity, tension, and determination.

Lusamine spoke up, her expression serious. "While I'm willing to cooperate, I need assurances that our safety will be a top priority. I won't allow any unnecessary risks."

Soliera reassured her, "Your safety is a priority for us as well. We'll take every precaution necessary to ensure the well-being of everyone involved. Our goal is not to cause harm but to understand and address the anomalies affecting this dimension."

The discussion continued, with each of us sharing information and insights. I couldn't help but marvel at the surreal nature of the situation – individuals from different dimensions collaborating to unravel the mysteries of Ultra Space and thwart the activities of the enigmatic Endbringers.

It felt like I was living in a TV show, like the ones I would watch as a kid. The thing was, I wasn't a kid anymore, and this was real life. The Endbringers were a real threat that was after Cryo, and the Pokémon I was looking for. According to Soliera, this group actually had no name, and it was only the Ultra Recon Squad that gave them one.

"We watch over the timelines as they flow, and we see groups that cause trouble all the time, but they stay within their dimension. This nameless group which was called the Endbringers, does not stay in their own dimension. The worst part is that we have no idea how they are moving through Ultra Space," Soliera explained as Jolene brought over some snack food for everyone.

"At this point, I am questioning if this is just a human invention?" Dulse questioned as he built a meat and cheese tower with some crackers.

"What do you mean?" Lusamine asked, but I knew.

"He thinks there might be a Pokémon pulling the strings, and I can say that isn’t too far-fetched of an idea. The reason that I can do what I can is because of a Pokémon that can talk and think better than I can," I explained, making Soliera give me a serious look.

"And you can be sure that what it wants aligns with your interests as a human?" Zossie asked, finally speaking up, and it was a good question.

As far as Cryo went, I trusted him. Why? I couldn't give a reason, and that might be a problem. He hadn't given me a reason to not trust him, but if I really thought about it, all of this was in line with his goals. 


[Everything I do is for my master, Ultramex. I help you only because my master ordered me to. You could say that my interests only align with what I want, but that means that I have to make you one of the strongest people in the world. I also need you to be alive for me to be able to complete my mission.]


"Cryo's interest is to find his master, but his master, Ultramex, is trapped in Ultra Space somewhere. For him to find this Ultramex, I have to be much, much stronger, so I think that what we want aligns, even if we don't share the same end goal. I think it is the same for us," I explained as Jolene came to sit with Lusamine, Nemona, Joy, and me, but ended up sitting on my lap. This made Soliera stare at us, but I ignored her.

3