PP SYS Ch 5: Lusamine And Mohn
4.1k 2 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the two hours had passed, Nurse Joy's Phone went off, and she pulled it out of her pocket to look at it. "It is time to meet with the Directors. Lusamine and Mohn are waiting for us below. I know that you probably want to get out and go, but you have to remember that you need time to grow."

I nodded my head and then slowly got out of bed, feeling a little bit better now that I had something in my stomach. I then followed Nurse Joy down to the first floor, where Lusamine was waiting for us with an impatient look on her face. "It is about time you two showed up." She looked over at me and gave me a smile. "You must be Landon."

"Yes," I said hesitantly as she crossed the room to stand in front of me, looking me up and down before speaking again.

"Nurse Joy has told us everything about you," she began as Mohn walked up behind her with his arms crossed over his chest, giving off an imposing figure. "We have decided that it is in your best interest if you stay here until we can find somewhere safe for you to go."

"To go? Why do I need a safe place to go? I just woke up, and I am not in a hospital, and you have explained none of what is going on. Why am I even here?" I asked, knowing most of the answers myself, but I shouldn't. I was also going to have to be careful how I talked so they would suspect anything was up with me. The last thing that I needed was for them to start running tests on me and find Cryo.

[I would prevent that from happening and help you create a plan to prevent such an event from occurring.] Cryo's voice said in my mind, and I agreed in my head.

"I know you have a lot of questions," Lusamine began as she stared at me intently with her violet eyes. "But it is not safe for you to be roaming around the world yet."

"What are you talking about? When did the world become so dangerous that I couldn't walk around in it?" I argued, and Nurse Joy put her hand on my shoulder to get my attention. When I turned towards her, she shook her head slightly before turning back towards Lusamine, who was now staring daggers at Nurse Joy with an angry expression on her face. "What is going on here?"

"I'm sorry that we have to keep this from you," Mohn began as he took a step forward and stood next to Lusamine, who was now glaring at Nurse Joy. "But it is for your own protection."

"What am I not being told?" I asked as the hair on the back of my neck stood up. There was something wrong here, and Cryo had known it all along. Then again, if they knew about Cryo, then they were probably aware of everything else, too, since he knows everything that happens inside my head, including what I know. "Stop playing games with me, and just tell me what is going on!" My voice rose as I took a step towards them with an angry expression on my face. "I deserve to know!"

"You are right; you deserve to know," Mohn said as he turned towards me with a heavy sigh. "But it is not something that we like to talk about."

[They are stalling. The reason that they need you here is for Cosmog. Normal Cosmog is a sexless Pokémon, but when it bonded with you, it took on a need form that was the opposite sex of you. You have a special connection with all Pokémon, and your PP System will help you deepen that bond over time. Ultramex picked you because you are special, but you need to bring up Cosmog. Since that would have only happened five years ago in your mind, rather than the actual 15 years that it has been. That is really your only connection to this place, and you need to get close to Cosmog.] Cryo explained in my head, and I agreed in my head.

"You are right; I do need to know," I began as my expression softened. "But first, let me ask you something." Cryo then gave me all the information that I would need so that it appeared as if it was coming from my childhood memories which should be pretty good. "I want to know about Cosmog and what happened at Aether Paradise? What is going on with the Ultra Beasts?"

"Cosmog, that is a sensitive subject," Lusamine said after a long pause, sounding hesitant now.

"That is the only connection I have to this place. I was allowed to see it before. Can I at least see Cosmog now? I need to know about it," I pleaded as I took a step toward her with my hands outstretched. "Please."

"Very well, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else about this," Mohn said as he stared at me intently, and Nurse Joy stepped forward with a worried expression on her face. "You are our best hope of controlling Cosmog so we can find and control the Ultra Beasts." He then turned towards Nurse Joy, who had an incredulous look on her face. "Do you understand?"

Nurse Joy hesitated for only a moment before giving Lusamine an angry look and then turning back towards Mohn with a 1000 watt smile on her face. "I understand."

"Very well, then follow us," Lusamine said as she turned on her heel and led Mohn out of the room with Nurse Joy behind them. I stood there for a few moments before following them, where we were led down a long hallway and into an elevator.

We rode it in silence to some undisclosed floor before finally exiting the elevator into another long hallway that was mostly dark except for fluorescent lights every ten feet or so in the ceiling. Each was casting eerie shadows along any wall that they touched, giving the place an eerie feel. We eventually stopped at a massive set of double doors at the end of this hall. Lusamine then turned and stared at me, giving me an abrupt smile. "This is it."

92