PP SYS Ch 7: Perfectly Timed Plan
3.3k 5 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lusamine hesitated for a moment longer as she stared back at me with a look of concern on her face before finally nodding her head in agreement. "Very well, but we need to figure this out soon. Cosmog is getting weaker by the day, and I am not sure how much longer it can hold on." With that, she turned around and walked back over to where Mohn was standing before the two of them left the room, leaving me alone with Cosmog.

I let out a sigh of relief as I waited for the door to close behind them before finally turning back towards Cosmog, who was still lying on its side, weak and frail looking. Cryo had been right; they needed me here for something other than just controlling, but I still wasn't sure what I could do as I walked forward.

As I did, the creature finally took notice of me, but her reaction was not one that I expected. Instead of running away, it just stared at me with its big eyes as if trying to figure out who I was. "Hello there," I said as I finally stopped in front of her, and she just continued to stare at me.

I then slowly reached out my hand toward her, and she didn't move away, which I took as a good sign. When my hand finally touched her head, she gave a happy sigh and closed her eyes as if enjoying the feeling of being touched. It was then that something clicked in my mind, and I knew exactly what was wrong with Cosmog.

"You are lonely," I said quietly as realization dawned on me, and Cosmog just nodded her head slightly in response without opening her eyes. "That is why you have been acting so strange lately."

I then pulled her gently into my arms before stroking her soft and gaseous body in an attempt to soothe her. "It is okay; I am here now." She then let out a happy sigh and snuggled closer to me as if content just to be in my arms.

We stayed like that for several minutes before; finally, Cosmog pulled away slightly to look up at me with her big eyes as if trying to communicate something to me. "What is it?" I asked, not sure what she was trying to say, but she just continued to stare at me with a look of confusion on her face.

[I think she is trying to tell you that she wants to go outside.] Cryo said in my mind, and I nodded in response before turning back towards Cosmog.

"Do you want to go outside?" I asked, and her eyes lit up at the prospect as if it was something that she had wanted for a long time. "Very well then, but you have to wait. Cryo, how is that plan to get out of here going?"

[This is going to be risky, but I have found a way. This will involve extremely good timing and some luck because you are going to have to do things very quickly when things get started, and you are going to have to do things in the exact order that I explained to you. This plan only has a chance of working if you follow my plan step by step and move when I say. Something needs to be calculated on the fly, so I need your full cooperation in this if we are to make it out of here with you and the three women.] Cryo explained, and I just nodded my head in response. [Landon, you understand that this is going to be very dangerous, right?]

"I know it won't be easy," I said with a nod of my head as I stared at Cosmog, who was still watching me with those big eyes of hers. "But we have to try."

[Very well. I will explain everything, but you need to be ready for when Nurse Joy, Lusamine, and Mohn get back. When they do, you need to stall for time while I work on the final part of our escape plan. We are going to need as much of a head start as possible when we leave.] Cryo said, and I nodded my head in response before finally turning my attention back towards Cosmog with a smile on my face.

"Don't worry," I said as I stroked her soft body gently. "We are going to get out of here."

The Pokémon cuddled into me, and I remembered the first time I met her when I was 5 years old. She was so small and scared back then, just like now, but I had been able to calm her down. Now she was all grown up, and I just hoped that I would be able to help her once again.

[Now, this will sound like it is impossible to pull off, but with the right timing, you will be able to pull this off. This is going to require you also to become violent with some Pokémon, but you are going to have to trust this is the only way, and everyone that you hurt will be fine after you have escaped. There is a good chance that this will not work, but it is our only hope.] Cryo explained, and I just nodded my head in response before turning back towards Cosmog, who was looking up at me expectantly.

"Sounds like things are going to get pretty crazy, but I will keep you and Nurse Joy safe," I said as I stroked her soft body. "I promise."

Then Cyro started to explain everything to me in rapid-fire, and I just nodded my head in response as I took it all in. This was going to be extremely dangerous, but it was our only chance. We just had to hope that everything went according to plan.

87