The Weight of My Team
216 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deciding to go with Nemona's suggestion, I gathered most of my Pokémon, save Feebas, who was still being shy. The place was a wide open field in the center of what one day would become Prisma City. It was kind of hard to call it a city, considering the place was just one big open field with no building in sight. At some point, this area we stood in would be able to be upgraded into a stadium, according to Cryo, but I was a ways off.

Six poke-girls stood in a row waiting for my command, all with varying levels in which they were paying attention. Lumi, my Cosmog, floated with a smile beside Popsicle, my Pawmi. Both of them looked eager, but Leilani, my Ralts, was looking annoyed as my Hatenna tried to fall asleep on her.

The last two, Finny, my Finneon, and Knighty, my Charcadet, seemed to be getting along. Finny was bright and happy, and that seemed to give confidence to Knighty. After the debacle with Popsicle, I was worried about her, and how she was doing.

Getting them all in line in front of me really made me think about just how much responsibility I had to each of them all. Thank goodness I had people like Joy, and Lusamine to help me out, and now Nemona. I had wanted to explore and catch lots of Pokémon as a child, but I could have never imagined them turning into women.

Turning to Nemona, who was clearly more experienced than me, I asked. "So, what do you think I should get the girls to start with? Maybe something non-violent to start?"

Nemona thought for a moment before suggesting, "How about a team-building exercise? You could set up an obstacle course or a scavenger hunt. It would allow them to work together and communicate without the pressure of battling. Plus, it could be a fun and engaging way for them to bond."

I considered Nemona's idea and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan. Let's go with a scavenger hunt. Each of them can work together to find specific items scattered around the area. It should encourage teamwork and communication."

Nemona grinned. "Great choice! I'm sure they'll enjoy the challenge."

I turned to my Poke-girls and explained the plan as Nemona disappeared, but then came back with a bunch of weird items. She had an assortment of towels, and other items I was sure were from Joy Poke-center.

I finished explaining how it would work to the girls. They all seemed excited, especially Popsicle and Finny, who were already discussing strategies.

After I was done. I looked for Nemona, but she was gone again.

[She is hiding the items, and I am creating a list] Cryo explained, and about ten minutes later, Nemona returned with the lists.

"You really are getting the hang of this place quick, aren't you?" I joked, and Nemona grinned at me, tapping her head.

"That strange voice in my head is awfully helpful. I have been asking questions since I got in here, and I have some for you after the girls are gone," Nemona explained, and I nodded, Silently thanking Cryo for making my life easier.

"Alright," I said, turning back to the girls. "The items are hidden all over Prisma, and there should be clues on your lists. Your jobs are to work together as teams to find the missing items."

The girls cheer, and then Popsicle and Finny disappear together. Next was Lumi and Leilani, who joined together, then vanished, leaving my Hatenna, and Knighty. This felt a bit unfair since I didn't think Hatenna was even awake, but before I could say something Nemona stopped me.

"Just wait. This is good," Nemona explained, and I watched as my Charcadet leaned down, and she and Hatenna started to whisper. Soon, Knighty picked up the smaller Hatenna, and the two left with the list Cryo had made.

Once all the girls had left, and it was just Nemona and me, I turned to her. “You think it is a good idea? I mean, not just sending those two, but splitting them into teams?”

“Those two will surprise you,” Nemona laughed and then looked off into the distance with a smile. “I don’t know how much your abilities change a Pokémon, but as far as I have seen, they all love challenges.”

“What about the ones that lose?” I asked, and Nemona turned to me.

“What happens when you lose? Do you just give up, or do you want to get better so you don’t lose next time?” She asked, and I acquiesced with a nod.

“I guess you are right, but I feel like these girls are a lot more sensitive than you or I,” I said, and Nemona nodded in agreement.

“I think so too, but that is why it’s good they all split up. The thing is, we don’t ask Pokémon to cooperate very often. Double battles are a thing, but not a normal style of battle that gets used often, but they are starting to become more popular,” Nemona explained, then looked back at me. “All I am saying is what you are trying to do isn’t normal, so you might have to think outside of the box.”

I appreciated Nemona's insight. It made sense to approach the Poke-girls with a different mindset, considering their unique circumstances. As we waited for the girls to complete the scavenger hunt, Nemona brought up some questions she had about my experiences and the world of Pokémon. We sat down on the grass, enjoying the calm atmosphere of Prisma.

"So, tell me more about your journey as a Pokémon Trainer. Did you always want to be a trainer? Or do you even consider yourself like that anymore?" She asked, and I hummed at the question.

I explained about the accident that put me in a coma, and how I only just recently woke up. She told me she already knew all that stuff from Joy, so I took a minute to think about her questions.

"I don't really know what to consider myself anymore. I grew up wanting to become a trainer, and I kind of feel the same way now, but things are weird," I laughed, and Nemona smiled at me.

"I know what you mean, and if I am being honest, the girls kind of seem better suited for other things. The problem is getting them to evolve. They need to do some kind of training if they want to level up. The more evolved a Pokémon becomes, the more adult and smarter they get. Some Pokémon even go through a dramatic personality shift after evolution," Nemona explained, and I chuckled thinking how all of that was going to affect the girls.

"While it is weird, I still think it is pretty cool. I mean, I can use Psybeam. Probably one of the first humans to have ever learned a Pokémon's skill. Then there is this place, Prisma. Just a bunch of different realities shaped as perfect environments for each person and Pokémon," I laughed, but Nemona snapped her fingers.

"That's right! I'm part of the club now, right?" She asked, and I nodded with an unsure laugh. "So, do I get my own place like them?"

I blinked at her and then laughed. I hadn't even thought about it, but I was sure there was. So, I stood up and offered Nemona my hand. "Let's go find out!"

5