Chapter 99: Ultra Recon Squad: First Contact
195 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We can't find the Bathroom towel!" Popsicle complained as my Pokémon appeared around Nemona and me. 

I narrowed my eyes on my Pawmi, and she looked like she had been rolling in the dirt. One look at Knighty, my Charcadet, and I knew what had happened, but Popsicle had gone up a level. 

"So you two decided to duke it out instead?" I asked, but Knighty put her hand up.

"I started it, but it was a friendly fight... sort of..." Knighty explained, but then I noticed Hatenna being carried by Lumi, my Cosmog.

"So why is Hatenna knocked out?" I asked, feeling really confused about everything.

"Okay. So this is what happened. Knighty asked to spar, and I said yes, but she forgot that Haiti was on her back. I attacked, Knighty dodged, but I ended up hitting Haiti," Popsicle explained, and I sighed, facepalming. 

"Well, at least it was an accident, and you weren't fighting because you were mad," I chuckled and then walked over to Lumi. "Haiti? That is a cute name," I laughed, and Lumi smiled as I looked down at Hatenna. "Can you take Haiti to Joy's habitat? I think she will heal faster there."

"Yes, Master," Lumi said but waited until I leaned down to kiss her forehead before she giggled and closed her eyes. 

The moment she did, she vanished from Haiti. I was about to turn back to the other girls, but my vision suddenly went red-tinted, and warning klaxons started going off in my mind.

[There is an Ultra Space Wormhole opening on the south beach near Nemona's house. According to my records, these signatures are from three Recon Squad members from Ultra Megalopolis. They won't arrest you, but they will have questions for you.]

"Can I trust them?" I asked as Nemona helped me straighten back up.

[Possibly. They have most likely been monitoring us since we first met. They would have noticed the ultra-space disturbances when I joined with you. They are hunting the same people that had captured me. The Endbringer's.]

"So, an enemy of my enemy is my friend?" I asked.

[Don't let your guard down. Nothing is infallible. While the Recon Squad is tasked with hunting groups like the Endbringer's, we have no idea if they have been infiltrated. One, or more of these agents could be an Endbringer or another organization.]

Since my ball was in Jolene's house, I didn't want to waste too much time. I didn't want them coming to Jolene's, or getting anyone involved until I knew what was going on. 

Turning to Nemona, I put both hands on her shoulders. "Can you please stay with Jolene, Joy, and Lusamine when we get out of the ball? I am going to go see what these people want."

"Are you sure about this?" Nemona asked. "I can come with you, and help if anything goes wrong."

I shook my head. "No. Tallia is gone right now, and I would feel better if you could stay and keep them safe. I can bring Joy and Lusamine into Prisma like you, but not Jolene yet."

Nemona hesitated for a moment but eventually nodded. "Alright, just be careful. If anything seems off, come back immediately."

I smiled at her, appreciating her concern. "I will. Trust me, I won't do anything reckless. I just need to figure out what they want and if they pose any threat."

With that, I took Nemona's hand and closed my eyes. When I opened them, we were back in Jolene's house. Joy looked up at me, and her face immediately became serious.

"What happened?" Joy asked. "Your face says something is wrong."

"I don't know about anything wrong yet, but a portal like the one I arrived from just opened near where I appeared on the south beach. Three people came out, and they should be friendly, but I have to be careful first. I would like you and Lusamine to stay with Jolene, and let Nemona protect you," I explained, and Joy nodded, but Lusamine spoke up.

"Are you really sure you should go alone? Why not take me?" Lusamine asked, but I shook my head.

"I don't think that is a wise idea. I don't know what these people want yet, and I don't want to put you in danger," I explain, but she stood up from her seat, and marched over to me.

"I can just go back to Prisma if things get bad. Don't you think it is a good idea to have someone like me or Joy with you?" Lusamine demanded, and she had a point.

These people were very likely coming because of Cryo, and my ability to catch humans. They might not know that Cryo is the cause, but I am sure they will know something about my abilities. Taking Lusamine wasn't a bad idea, but I was still apprehensive.

Lusamine's determined expression softened, and she placed a hand on my shoulder. "Landon, I understand your concerns, but I want to help. We're in this together, and if there's any potential danger, I'd rather face it by your side. Besides, I can handle myself, and if things get too intense, I can always retreat into Prisma."

I sighed, realizing that arguing further might not change Lusamine's mind. "Alright, but please promise me you'll prioritize safety over anything else. If things escalate, don't hesitate to use Prisma as an escape route."

Lusamine nodded, a reassuring smile on her face. "I promise. I'll stay vigilant and prioritize safety. We'll handle this together."

With our decision made, we made our way to the south beach. As we approached the location of the Ultra Space Wormhole, I felt a mix of anticipation and caution. The ocean waves crashed against the shore, adding a layer of background noise to the tense atmosphere.

The Ultra Space Wormhole was visible in the distance, and as we got closer, three figures emerged. They were dressed in sleek, white uniforms with blue pleating on the joints of the suits for flexibility. There was a man and two women, but the tall one with blue hair and a visor over her eyes stood out the most.

"You must be Landon," The woman said and then looked at Lusamine. "And you are the professor he kidnapped from the Aether Facility, right?"

There was no malice in the woman's voice, but her words set me on edge all the same. The truth always cut the deepest, but Lusamine stepped forward and spoke.  

3