Chapter Three : Introspection
717 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If I save them, I will be as blind as anyone else. But, I'm not a hero who pardons endlessly, I hate watching those so called heroes pardon trashy people."

[Please note, you can unlock skills, but acquiring any new template skills isn't possible until you Evolve your original Template.]

Elsa looked down at the Shiganshina District and frowned. She wasn't sure why, but she had an inkling that evolving her template would be extremely troublesome.

[Would you like some pointers on reaching the First Evolution?]

"How many evolutions are there? It sounds like a lot." Elsa asked in return but didn't expect the text to carry on explaining without actually getting an answer.

[Although you accepted the template of the Ice Queen, although you accepted the name, you subconsciously and consciously reject it.]

"You do recall I wanted another spin right? Couldn't I get an over powered character who was at least a guy?" Elsa said bitterly. Back then, she could either accept or be eaten.

[Do you see women as inferior to men?]

The sudden question made her stare with a shocked expression, then her mind recovered and she shook her head. Women were just as strong, if not stronger than men mentally.

[Do you believe that your soul has a gender?]

In anime and novels, the protagonists usually ended up in the same gender bodies, but now that she thought about it carefully. How could they even be the same gender if the world had dozens of races besides mainstream humans.

[You cling to your past identity even though it is countless worlds away. There is a method to resolve your inner conflict and your Evolution may surpass the First Evolution, are you willing to try?]

"Should I give up on it? I only know that life, and everything I do will have opinions based on it." Elsa said but she also realized immediately cursing becoming a woman was pointless and ungrateful.

At least she didn't become a mindless titan, as that would be a tragedy. That or a tree or grass in some obscure corner of the world. But, she wasn't a woman, and the fact she hadn't lived as one was glaringly large in her mind.

"What does that method entail? Will I be in danger?" Elsa stepped on to the open air and a platform formed. Dropping five meters a step, and creating a platform briefly before dismantling it, she reached the ground easily.

[No, you will be safe. Further details are hidden.]

"Fine, be mysterious." Elsa spat and using her cryokinesis and materiokinesis to find an empty house quietly and entered, freezing the interior entirely.

If it was sturdy before, even if it was sieged by mindless titans, the ice reinforcing the building made it even more durable than the a fortress walls on her previous modern Earth.

"How long will this take?" Even if she had her misgivings, between survival, her remaining manly pride could be directly sacrificed if she could get stronger, of course, she would cling to it the more it faded.

[Depends on you. Ready?] 

When Elsa nodded, the screen expanded in her vision as her vision seemed to ripple until she saw a scene, of a beautiful slender brown haired woman with gentle blue eyes holding a blonde haired baby.

The motherly smile made her heart ache slightly, and she realized she didn't, couldn't call herself Elsa while seeing the real one now. She was just an imitation. A fake.

"My dearest sweet, are you tired?" Iduna gently rocked the young Elsa while humming a song that was oddly soothing. The world shifted, or rather her viewpoint did and she could see Iduna's gentle face above her.

"When you grow up, I know you'll be an excellent queen." Iduna said with pride and smiled while resting her forehead against Elsa's, against hers. She could feel a flurry of emotions rising up, but she fell into a deep sleep.

...

"Mother, are you sick?" Elsa asked with worry, looking at her mother with clear blue eyes. Her mother smiled and wiped her lips elegantly, stroking Elsa's head softly.

"No, I'm fine dear. You might have a new sibling soon." When Iduno went to Agnarr and left Elsa staring with a shocked look, a bit too mature for her current age.

"It's Anna." Elsa said, her previously dazed and innocent expression turning composed, but she sighed and shook her head. Before, she was a lonely guy who had a family who ran off and left him to fend for himself.

Two and a half years ago, when she found herself here, she pretended to be young, to be dependent on Iduna and Agnarr because she closed herself off, but as time passed, she lost herself in acting and became immersed, barely able to extricate herself at times.

"Is my mind being influenced? I've never trusted anyone so easily before." Elsa said suspiciously but ever since she arrived here, the screen wasn't present, so she could only continue without answers.

It wasn't only that. The precise control of her powers had regressed to something akin to brute forcing her intentions instead of willing it with ease like before.

"The skills are off, so I can only master it myself." Elsa glanced at a suit of armor standing in the hall and raced after Iduna, her lips curling into a smile unbeknownst to even her when she saw Iduna and Agnarr coming her way with a maid and a doctor in tow.

...

"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." A brown haired girl stared at Elsa with bright curious green eyes. Elsa rolled over and stared at this little sister of hers who had been born for four years now, the smile tugging at her lips showing her fondness of her without words.

"Anna, go back to sleep." Using the pillow to hide herself, Anna quickly realized the tactic and plopped down on Elsa's body, making her groan in drowsiness.

"I just can't. The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play~!" Anna didn't understand why Elsa didn't like to play as much as she did, but she loved it when Elsa played with her.

"...Go play by yourself." Elsa said grumpily and wanted to roll Anna off of herself, but Anna grabbed her and latched on like a koala, placing her cheek against her own.

"Do you wanna build a snowman~?" Hearing Anna's hopeful and mischievous voice, Elsa who knew the outcome of the event smiled wryly and wanted to say no, but the look on Anna's face as well as her subconscious decided to follow the plot.

This way, she could avoid hurting Anna while not letting her be disappointed. She didn't forget that this event led to Iduna and Agnarr's death at sea wanting to find a solution to her ever growing powers.

26