Chapter Four : Cruel Destiny
742 6 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Each ... between paragraphs is a timeskip.)

Elsa hugged her knees with a pained expression. She could recall the events of that night, and even with her attempts to be careful, she still somehow enacted the plot, harming Anna.

With that, Anna became someone she had to avoid to keep her safe. Of course, with her little sister constantly outside the door asking what she had done wrong with sniffles made her want to comfort her, both Agnarr and Iduna warned her to keep to herself.

In response to her grief and sorrow, the air was cold and still inside the room, like a world of it's own irrespective of the sunlight outside.

"With that happening despite my caution, they will sail looking for answers and will die..." Elsa lifted her eyes to look at the soft coat of frost on the walls and floor with despair.

Although her treatment changed after Anna was hurt that night, she still adored her parents, and the thought of them dying made her heart pound.

"After that, even if I tell them not to go, they will go. Is it destiny?" Elsa murmured as she looked at her ceiling. Knowing the outcome when you were in the story, and an integral part at that made her regret doing this.

Looking at the gloves on her hands, she lowered her head and sighed. Her outrage and anger had cooled into an almost despairing acceptance.

She would continue down this path, alone and isolated. Until Anna removed her glove and revealed what was to be hidden forever to all in mere moments.

Yet, she didn't and wouldn't blame Anna. That bundle of energy had been what made her hide in her room, in fear she would actually harm her again.

If before showed her she had little to no control, then she definitely wouldn't risk it. Being alone was the only thing she could do for those she cared for, so she endured.

...

Elsa leaned against the window, looking up at the starry clear skies. She had been in this world for eighteen years now, and she knew the dreaded day was drawing nearer.

"I can't stop them... so what can I do?" Her nails dug into her palms with a sharp pain, but she ignored it and glared at the skies.

"I didn't have a family before, and now that I have one, even if they did hide me away for years, it wasn't out of malice. Why won't you let me change their fate?!" She half yelled at the sky outside the ornate wooden and glass pane.

When she wanted to talk about their upcoming trip, the words wouldn't come out, and she'd stand blankly with a sense of frustration that only grew.

"I don't care about the rewards, end this!" Elsa growled, but the world didn't change. Even after all these years, the screen hadn't showed itself once.

When she calmed herself, she looked down and saw half the window sill coated in thick ice, even with her gloves on. Although they helped inhibit her powers somewhat, they didn't block them entirely.

"So I can only follow the original plot." Elsa said as she sank to her knees, tears freezing before they rolled down her cheeks and clinked on the ground softly.

...

"I hate it!" Elsa yelled as she threw anything she could find that could be thrown. The sound of crashing and sobbing could be heard as she, in a haze of tears stumbled and fell to the ground weakly.

"Why are they gone? Mom? Dad?" Elsa said as tears flowed, but the room was completely frozen, and her tears clinked to the ground.

"I couldn't save them, and it's all my fault!" Elsa said bitterly, her eyes dull and hollow. The pain was there, but suppressing it to an almost imperceptible degree was enormous self blame and sorrow.

"In the end, I'm alone." Elsa lay on the ground, raising a dainty hand to the ceiling and with a slight frown, she wanted to form the figures of her parents, but all she got was indistinct lumps of snow.

"It's my fault." Elsa said with a bitter smile, closing her eyes, laying amidst the broken glass and toppled shelves and torn pages of books besides her.

...

"Are you ready Your Majesty?" A maid asked while looking at Elsa who nodded and put her gloves on smoothly, appeaeing so familiar with the action it was unbelievable.

Her outfit was mainly blue dress showing a flower on the front with black sleeves and combined with her blue gloves and a purple cloak with a gem clasp.

"Yes." Elsa nodded, taking a deep breath. She knew what would happen, but she couldn't run or cancel the coronation. She could only face the events as they came.

Striding out of the room, she recalled trying to control her powers long enough to hold it during the coronation, but it was hard, and the self doubt and anxiety made it worse.

Staying calm wasn't something Elsa could do, so wearing an expression of majesty, she strode forward and headed to what would begin the unraveling of the main plot.

...

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle." Elsa strode into the warm room filled with people elegantly in a manner befitting a queen, but inwardly, she was looking forward to speaking to her sister she hadn't spoken to in years again as she took a position under a formal awning.

"Princess Anna of Arendelle!" Kai said grandly and gestured for Anna to stand next to Elsa. Anna looked at Elsa's side profile nervously and looked at Kai.

"Here? Are you sure?" Elsa wanted to smile at Anna's obvious nervousness, but she herself was nervous. After exchanging glances with Anna a few times, she mustered the courage to speak.

"...Hi." Elsa smiled faintly when Anna looked back with an uncomprehending stare as the realization she hadn't been ignored by her elusive older sister.

"Hi me? Oh. Um. Hi." Anna stuttered and Elsa smiled again, feeling happy to see this little sister of hers again. Although she wasn't the original Elsa, having lived through all events leading to this point, she could be said to be Elsa, even if she denied it.

"...You look beautiful." Seeing the surprise that Elsa wasn't ignoring her now, she immediately spoke and hurriedly thanked Elsa who kept smiling gently.

"Thank you. You look beautifuller. I mean, not fuller. You don't look fuller, but more beautiful." Seeing Anna struggling to keep her embarrassment under wraps, Elsa nodded.

"Thank you." Both looked away at the guests, Anna mulling over how stupid she must have looked to Elsa, but Elsa was inwardly giggling at how silly her sister was.

"So, this is what a party looks like?" Elsa said, knowing what the reply would be, but hearing her sister speak made her happier than she had been in many years.

"It's warmer than I thought." Anna commented and Elsa inwardly wondered what kind of party she had been expecting then sighed softly when she recalled Anna had no reference to use.

"And what is that amazing smell?" Elsa asked with a smile as both of them closed their eyes and and inhaled deeply, smiles growing when they spoke in unison.

"Chocolate~" When Anna heard the usually stoic and serious Elsa speaking the same thing she did, she laughed and felt a tinge of warmth when she saw Elsa cover her mouth with a gloved hand and laugh softly.

Seeing Anna wanted to say something, Kai led a short man with a wig who Elsa despised knowing full well he'd send armed men after her when she fled, she watched Anna restrain herself from the corner of her eye.

"Your Majesty. The Duke of Weaseltown." Kai said it with a straight face, but Elsa couldn't help but wonder if he disliked the Duke and the country with how often she recalled he mispronounced it in the movie.

27