Chapter Ten : So Many Questions
1.7k 14 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello." Elsa didn't mind Hange's closeness to herself and offered her a greeting. If this woman who wanted to figure out the reasons behind everything was told her clothes were formed from magic, she'd definitely want to research Elsa.

"Can you make it snow?" Hange asked skeptically and Elsa smiled. Whether she could or couldn't didn't matter much since Hange was just asking to sate her curiosity.

"Did you come by to ask questions?" Elsa looked at Erwin who hadn't been commander long and asked. If the military police came, she could easily disable their weapons to deter them.

But the scouts had Levi and the seasoned warriors who often fought the titans. While she would undoubtedly win, unlike the military police, the scouts had a vital part to play, if she wiped them out, then the scouts would probably be forgotten.

"Yes, it's my understanding you had prior knowledge of the attack of Shiganshina District, yet you didn't alert anyone. Is that true?" Erwin asked with a calm voice.

"Is this a trial?" When Elsa didn't answer but asked another question, Levi's eyebrows furrowed. He felt that Elsa was dangerous, but as for how much, he couldn't say.

"Just treat this as a simple inquiry." Erwin said and Elsa nodded. Just like war strategies, Erwin was also a political genius. She nodded and looked at the surroundings which had been cleared by the other scout regiment soldiers and then back at the group.

"You don't emit body heat?" Hange said with wide eyes, while Elsa looked at the hand which had held her own when she looked away, then directly at Hange.

"No." She took back her hands. She could detect Hange's intentions, but since it was purely driven by curiosity, she allowed it, if only for a few moments.

"The attack?" Erwin reminded Elsa who blinked in thought, the she shook her head. The Eldians within the wall hadn't even considered the fact humans could transform into titans, so explaining it would just be pointless.

"It's complicated, and things need to happen before you find the answer." Elsa didn't think much and said as much as she could without sparking unrest.

If Elsa revealed titan shifters and their plots to the public, the Founding Titan could take the memories and make this all pointless, of course, she also didn't allow Eren's father Grisha to take it either, so it was still in play.

"You're trying to negotiate with us?!" A garrison commander of a rather high rank came over with two guards next to him, pointing at Elsa with a fierce expression.

"No. Aside from panicking, you can't do anything with the information." She didn't elaborate and turned to leave when the garrison soldier yelled while raising his gun.

"I am confused. I can understand your wariness, but this is plain stupidity." She turned back and looked at the soldier and sighed, even as the temperature dropped over twenty degrees in an instant.

"Guns don't work, and blades are just as useless. I have no intentions of harming any of you, but if you continue to annoy me, I don't mind leaving you frozen for a decade." Her tone was polite, but the content was anything but.

"It's really colder." Hange said while her breath condensed in the air. In little over a few seconds, the temperature fell to less than twenty degrees even though it was well on it's eighties before.

"I apologize on behalf of the military. Since discussing our questions are inconvenient, can we ask what your intentions are?" Erwin could see the garrison soldier fuming and spoke up to quiet him down.

"I just want to help. And before you say withholding information isn't helpful, it is." Erwin smiled faintly because this woman called Elsa, despite having strange clothes and no body temperature, didn't seem to have any ill intentions towards them.

With her abilities, even if they were largely unknown, was there a need to let those who antagonized her live? None of those who troubled her had died.

"Then can you briefly tell us what it is you can do? Anything we've gotten so far was simply too unknown to be confirmed." When Erwin said that, Levi stared at Elsa attentively.

"I can create snow and ice." When Elsa waved a hand and a horse similar to Erwin's appeared made of ice, neighing at him as Erwin's horse moved uneasily.

"Huh? How does that work?! This goes against everything I've learned!" Hange was the first to explode, running over to the horse and touching it in excitement.

Contrary to her words, she seemed happy to find something else to study besides titans. The expressions that Erwin, Levi who was usually expressionless, and the others wore were kind of amusing.

"You can call it magic. Unlike titans, you won't be able to study it." If titans could be considered at most peak Mortal Tier, and even that was stretching it, with Elsa's current Life Giving and Cryokinesis, and Materiokinesis, this horse was far superior despite the lack of size.

"Seeing your expressions, you seem hesitant to believe me, right? Titans possess regeneration and such, but that's about it. This horse has both superior physical abilities, regeneration, and can manipulate ice and snow." Of course, titans had other abilities, but they were currently in the dark.

"Then can it fight the titans?" Erwin asked and Elsa stared for a moment and then nodded. Seeing her confirm, Erwin gave the horse another look.

"Are you willing to help humanity resist the titans?" Seeing Erwin's earnest gaze, Elsa shrugged and then pointed at the horse that shook it's mane made of frost.

"Ask it. It's intelligent enough to answer your questions." Elsa didn't skimp and gave her creations, the one made to stop Grisha and and the horse the ability to speak after learning it.

"Due to the circumstances, she directly gave them the knowledge she wished to with Spiritual Consciousness. At the end, they were her people and thus couldn't be neglected.

"Miss!" The horse became a blur as it reappeared behind Elsa, nuzzling it's head against Elsa's hand until she patted it, feeling very accomplished.

"You wanna help them face the titans outside?" Hearing Elsa's voice, the horse thought for a moment and then looked at Erwin.

30