Chapter 17: Lessons
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, please stop! Mother, father, please help me!" Aria cried out. "Ahhhh!!!" she screamed, awakening from her slumber, shivering and shaking, with a cold sweat enveloped around her body. "That damned dream again... I thought that was long past me at this point," she said, noticing tears had subconsciously formed around her eyes. "Ah, morning time already? I better get to training those two chaps then!" she said as she sprung out of her bed, wiping the tears away.

Aria had nightmares from her past quite frequently when she was younger. The curly-haired woman thought she had grown out of that phase a long time ago. However, the baggage from her past started to persist once again. Born in the African country of Ghany, Aria and her family moved to the American Regions when she was fifteen years old. Soon after arriving to their new home, however, her family was split apart, her parents never to be seen again. Now at the age of twenty-eight years old, Aria had endured many hardships. She would not endure more. Aria would ensure her new family would be safe from any threats, no matter what. As she prepared to train the new assassins, Cindy and Kai for the next month, Aria equipped her trusty katana on her back and headed out the door, remembering to wear a smile on her face.

 

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

 

"Yo, how's your morning going, bro? Make me a cup of coffee, will ya?" Amy said as she sat down in Ben's office.

"Ah, what's up, Amy? I slept like shit last night. My back's killing me too! Damn, I'm getting old!" Ben said, yawning and stretching his body. "Yeah, I'll make you a cup, just give me a sec....yep, that's the spot!" he said, cracking his back. "So, what's up? Slow morning in the office today for you.... as usual, since you have the easiest freakin job?!"

"Geez, what's with you this morning? Cranky old man! It's not my fault we hardly accept new recruits!" Amy responded.

"And, you already have a medical staff that handles everything on that end!" Ben yelled. "Seriously, what do you even do all day? Meanwhile, I'm stuck doing all this contract and financing paperwork! Dammit, I wanna see some action! -sniff," Ben cried while making coffee. "Dad just had to give you the cushiest job, cause you're his little princess, right!?"

"Yeah, I'm glad you know!" Amy said, grinning and holding up a peace sign.

"Grrr, here's your coffee, princess!" Ben said, handing Amy a cup.

"Thank you! Ow, this shit's hot!" Amy said, wincing in pain from the sting on her tongue.

"Yeah, that's coffee for you. Anyways.... Aria's handling Cindy and Kai for the next month. Was it really a good idea to leave it just to her, sis?" Ben asked.

"Eh, I'm sure she'll be fine! She's been pretty chill and nice to the newbies, right? Methinks she actually might like this batch. At the very least, Aria won't kill them... I think," Amy said.

"Keep an eye out for her, will ya, sis? I really don't wanna see her go off the rails again. She's...pretty scary when she gets like that."

"Yeah, yeah. I got ya. Geez, you worry too much. She'll be fine!" Amy exclaimed.

"Maybe... She has been a bit more relaxed lately, but we still have to look out for her. You know how Aria can be about taking on new members. She won't show it immediately, but sooner or later, she'll probably snap," Ben said, worriedly.

"You really think so? Even on sweet Cindy? And Kai's so dumb, he's practically innocent," Amy said, blowing on her coffee.

"Let's just hope it doesn't come to that," Ben said, clasping his fingers together.

 

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

 

Early in the morning, Cindy and Kai gathered with Aria to continue their training. They found themselves on the fifth floor, on the training grounds once again. After two days of rest, the pair was feeling refreshed, and ready to take on anything Aria would throw their way.

"Wow, you look like shit! That girl must've gotten you good, haha," Cindy said, giggling.

"Oh, screw you and your little friend, Cindy! You guys totally bombed my date! You're lucky you're my friend, or I woulda beat the crap out of you!" Kai screamed, holding his swollen left eye.

"Oh, really? Looks like you had trouble even fending off your date! Ahaha!"

"Why, you little shit!" Kai said, waving his fist in the air.

"Ok, that's enough chit-chat for this morning. Are you chaps ready to get started now?" Aria said, smiling as she entered the room.

"Wow, Director Aria, that sword looks badass on you! I bet you killed a bunch of guys with just that, am I right?" Kai said.

"Ahaha, you flatter me, Kai. But, enough about me. Today, let us focus on your training," Aria said.

"What exactly will our training consist of for the next month, Director Aria?" Cindy asked.

"Well, I've been thinking it over for the past few days, actually. You chaps have obviously gotten much stronger since we first met. Your auras are mighty impressive for just starting out as well. What I want to do, is focus on honing that aura of yours, and manipulating it to how you see fit. For instance, when Miss Cindy here punched a hole in the ground, she subconsciously focused her aura into her fist, increasing said punch by tenfold," Aria explained. "Hands, feet, eyes, and ears; you can manipulate your aura and focus it onto any part of your body, honing your senses and power. These are just the basics, as I've said before. Any questions so far?"

"No, Ma'am! You've explained everything perfectly so far!" Cindy said.

"Ditto," said Kai.

"Excellent! Furthermore, you can also use your aura to manipulate other objects. Take this pistol, for example," Aria said, pulling her gun from its holster. "If I focus my aura on the bullet inside, the result may produce a powerful blast, with the ability to pierce through even the toughest of metals," she said, firing her gun at the surrounding wall.

The bullet easily pierced through the tough steel walls on the training floor, letting out a loud blast in the process, piercing the ears of Cindy and Kai.

"Ow, my ears! Give us a warning next time, would ya!" said Kai, holding his ears.

"A-amazing! It really went straight through. I can't even see the bullet anymore," Cindy said.

"Ahaha, you must forgive me, Kai. I got a bit carried away, perhaps. Though, you could take the ringing in your ears as a lesson in itself."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean, huh!?" Kai yelled.

"Well, look at Miss Cindy over there. Her ears are just fine! Already taking notes on my lessons, I see."

"I'm not following..."

"Aura, Kai. I used it around my ears!" Cindy yelled.

"Excellent work, Cindy dear! It's as she says, Kai. Cindy manipulated her aura and focused it on her ears, choosing to block the incoming sounds that she could perceive, as the blast from my pistol went off," Aria said. "Very impressive, indeed!"

"Yeah, whatever," Kai said grumpily.

"Teehee. Well then, let's continue now, shall we?" Aria said while slightly squinting her eyes, keeping a wry smile on her face.

1