The Promise
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, I'm NOT!" Hanayo shouted at the phone. Hanayo is one of my really good friends, who cooks delicious food for me. I've only known her for two years, but she is somebody that I know I can trust with my life. The person she is yelling at is Akuma, a really close friend of mine. Akuma is my childhood friend, who can never pull girls even if his life depended on it. He has some pretty personal, and dark stuff going on for himself. It's definitely something I wouldn't have thought he was dealing with, if I wasn't as close to him, as I am now.

Both of them are trustworthy, and I know they would never turn on me.

"YES, YOU ARE!" Akuma shouts back.

"Oh my god Akuma, you never listen." Hanayo scolded.

"I saw you guys making out under the stairs." Akuma insisted.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Hanayo asked confused.

"I recorded it." Akuma replied with no hesitation.

Hanayo let out a confused sigh.

"Well, do you know where Hiruka is? He was supposed to be at my house 15 minutes ago." Hanayo asked in defeat.

"So you guys DO have something going on!?" Akuma replied eagerly, with his mouth full of something.

A few seconds of silence followed. The only sound heard was the crunch of Akuma eating something.

"Are you eating fucking crayons?.." Hanayo asked in a disappointed tone. "Hell yeah, it helps relieve stress and pain!" Akuma explained with his mouth full of crayons.

"What the fuck...Alright Akuma, talk to you later." Hanayo said, as she hung up on Akuma.

"That guy really needs help...I'll even pay for it too" Hanayo said to herself.

She let out another defeated sigh, as she let herself fall back down on her bed. "I wonder if Hiruka is okay. Hopefully he's not in any trouble right now." Hanayo muttered to herself.

And there I go, descending down from the sky in a car, full speed into Hanayo's house, completely obliterating the roof.

"BARBEQUE CHICKEN!!!!!" I screamed from the top of my lungs, while I fell out from the windshield. Blood was all over my face and body.

Hanayo was in shock. She stared at me in disbelief, then up at her roof, and back down at me again.

"So, where's the barbeque chicken at?" I asked eagerly, while wiping blood off from my face. The room went silent. Hanayo's face turned from disbelief, to anger in a second. She quickly grabbed me by the collar and started yelling at me.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY HOUSE, AND WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!" She shouted in my face.

"Wasn't expecting the ride to take this long." I replied with an innocent smile.

Hanayo sighs.

"Hiruka, you're truly an odd guy." Hanayo sighed.

"Barbeque chicken!?" I asked, really excited.

"Alright, Follow me." Hanayo replied.

She let go of my collar, and I followed her downstairs to the kitchen.

The barbeque chicken smelled amazing, It could almost make a grown man cry.

"Here you go." Hanayo said proudly.

She put a plate of chicken in front of me, and I didn't hesitate as I started devouring the chicken. She leaned over the counter and watched me eat for a few minutes.

"Hiruka, I hope you know that you're paying for the damage you did to my house." Hanayo remarked.

I stopped eating and looked up at her.

"Shit, well I have no money at the moment...But hey! I know somebody that's not so nice, that will fix your house for free!" I exclaimed.

"I owe him a lot of money, but I told him that I'll give it to him by the end of the year." I explained with my mouth full of chicken.

"Didn't you say that he fixes things for free?" Hanayo asked.

"Well, I meant that he fixes things before charging money. When he charges you money, tell him to shut the fuck up and kick him out of your house." I explained.

"That's pretty mean tho..." Hayano muttered.

"Trust me, you'll want to do it after he fixes your house. He's a real dickhead with back problems." I assured her.

"Whatever you say." Hanayo sighed.

"Well, I have to meet with Akuma in a little bit. This chicken was amazing tho, just what I needed today!" I said.

"Glad you liked it Hiruka." Hanayo replied with a smile.

"Before I go, let me give you that old man's phone number." I said.

"Oh yeah, of course." Hanayo replied, as she took out her phone.

I told Hanayo the phone number.

"Alright Hanayo, I'm out." I said. "Take care!"

"Man you're always leaving early, you should spend the night here sometime." Hanayo replied, frowning.

"Maybe one day! Akuma started beef with somebody again, so I really need to go." I explained while opening her front door.

"Alright then, don't die or anything" Hanayo said.

"Can't promise that!" I laughed, as I made my way out the door. "You better not die either Hanayo!"

"Nah, that's not gonna happen. I still have a lot of things to do before I die." Hanayo giggled.

"Alright good, now peace out." I said holding up a peace sign, as the door closed behind me.

I walked out of Hanayo's property, and sprinted towards Akumas location.

He was at the Kotake valley. An enormous valley where you'll find the steepest hills ever, it's a beautiful and peaceful place. Nothing usually disturbs the tranquility of this valley.

I started running on tall skyscrapers because of the busy traffic. I wanted to arrive at the Kotake valley as soon as possible. Jumping off from one building to another for 20 minutes straight, I finally made it to the country part of the city.

"Almost there." I said out of breath. I still had energy left. I decided to still full sprint the rest of my way there.

As I was jumping from building to building, I ran past what I thought was the shadow of a person. I stopped and looked back at where I saw it.

"Huh..It's gone.." I muttered to myself. "Guess it must've been my eyes being weird or something.." I said to myself.

I continued down the line of skyscrapers, and I could've sworn I saw the same shadow as I made my way down to the valley. Nonetheless, I finally arrived at the entrance of the Kotake valley. Nobody was there so I walked in. I was sweating my ass off, and panting for air.

"Maybe I shouldn't have ran full speed here.." I thought.

I stood at the entrance of the valley for a few minutes, trying to catch my breath. The valley looked as beautiful as ever, I was mesmerized by its green hills and the flowers in all the colors you could imagine. Though the harmony of the valley was disturbed by the sound of two swords clashing. There he was, my best friend, Akuma Kinji.

In true Akuma style, he was fighting a random boy I had never seen before.

Akuma backed off and rushed at him again with his long sword. The other guy blocked his sword with ease. Akuma kept on swinging his sword at the guy, but he wasn't hitting him.

The sound of the swords clashing could be heard echoing through the valley.

The guy got a hit on Akuma, which caused him to fall slightly. This was all the guy needed. He kicked Akuma on the side of the head, while Akuma was trying to get back on his feet. The guy then turned around and ran up one of the steep hills. He did a backflip, and his sword lit on fire in mid air. He then launched a silhouette of his flame sword at Akuma. Akuma rolled and dodged the attack. The guy charged at Akuma in the air with his flame sword, Akuma barely managed to clash his attack.

"AHHH MY HANDS ARE HOT AS HELL!" Akuma screamed in agony.

I was recording this entire thing.

"BEAT HIS ASS AKUMA!!" I yelled. "TICKLE HIS FEET MOTHERFUCKER!" I laughed.

Akuma backed off again and started running. The guy started chasing Akuma everywhere. Akuma was jumping off the hills and trying to juke the guy, nothing worked. The guy stopped following Akuma and ran up a hill again. He stuck his sword on the side of the hill, and started swinging himself with it. Damaging the hill, He launched himself towards Akuma making another silhouette of his sword to chase Akuma down.

Akuma did a backflip to dodge the silhouette. The guy started attacking

Akuma again, this time with his bare hands.

Akuma was doing everything to dodge his attacks. Clashing swords, flips, and even running on hills to get away, but the guy was too fast. Akuma did everything to avoid him. Akuma did a handstand on the top of a hill, then flipped off of it towards the guy when he was trying to run up. When Akuma flipped off, he grabbed the guy's head and slammed him to the ground. He bounced off when he got slammed, so Akuma kicked the guy in the face, launching him towards another hill.

"Yayyy, I finally FUCKING HIT YOU!" Akuma grunted in frustration.

"Alright bro that wasn't cool." The guy hissed at Akuma. He got up and speed blitzed Akuma right in his face getting ready to stab him.

"Yeah this is going way too far." I said to myself.

I stopped recording the scene and started yelling.

"AKUMA BEATS HIS MEAT TO HIS SCIENCE TEACHER!" I shouted towards the duo.

The guy paused and started laughing until he was wheezing for air.

I started making my way down to them.

"Hiruka, w-what is wrong with you?.." Akuma stuttered, he looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"Had to say something. That's the first thing that came to mind." I giggled.

I turned my focus to the guy that Akuma was fighting.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked the guy.

"Don't say it like that dickhead." The guy scoffed at me.

"Chill out Taketa Koin, all I asked was who you were. Your answer to that question just gave me an idea of who you are." I responded.

"WOW, CONGRATULATIONS! You guessed my name." Taketa replied unamused.

I whispered something in Taketas' ears. Taketa started smiling.

"Deal." Taketa said.

"Alright Akuma, let's go."

I said while walking out the entrance of the valley.

Akuma looked at me completely dumbfounded by what just happened, but eventually decided to follow along when he realized he was alone with Taketa again.

"Oh my god you young people piss me off. How the FUCK does a car crash on your roof and gets stuck?" The angry handyman said.

"I don't know either, but can you please fix this up?" Hanayo asked.

"I guess." The handyman muttered.

While the angry handyman was repairing the house, he kept on making sexist remarks, and explaining how young people suck.

"You women aren't good for SHIT!" The handyman said.

"Excuse me?" Hanayo exclaimed.

The handyman was finally done repairing the house.

"There you go woman. Now give me $300 dollars!" The handyman demanded.

Hanayo pushed the handyman towards the door and kicked him out the door.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU SEXIST COW" Hanayo yelled.

She closed the door and laid down on the couch.

"I miss Hiruka. I hope that he's okay." Hanayo said to herself. She then fell asleep.

3 long hours of walking, and me and Akuma finally made it to my house. "My mom is out of town right now with Hanayo's mom. I have no idea when they'll be back, but I have to talk to you about something." I said to Akuma. I opened the door and led Akuma to my room.

We had just moved, so I didn't really have anything in my room except for cardboard boxes, and a medium sized bed with a TV in front of it, along with an empty closet beside my bed.

"So Hiruka, What do you want to talk about?" Akuma asked, as he sat down on my bed.

I was looking down with my back turned, and with my hands balled up. I turned back around and grabbed Akumas robe.

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO START FIGHTS WITH PEOPLE? DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO CHILL? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I shouted in his face. I was pissed.

Akuma started tearing up.

"I just want to make more friends." He sobbed.

I calmed down a little bit, and got off of Akuma.

"My family is gone, my crush is gone, Ryo is gone, the only person I have is you." Akuma explained sobbing.

"How do I know that you won't die on me? Who would I have when you do die? I already tried to take my own life numerous times, but you stopped me. Why do you care about a person that makes sexual jokes about women and starts fights with people? You have a ton of friends so why do you care about me?" Akuma asked, now fully crying.

"I don't want to be alone here, and if you die I wont have anyone, Hiruka. I don't want to be alive with this feeling, but you keep stopping me, why? Why can't you just let me die, Hiruka?" Akuma cried out.

"It's because You're one of a kind." I replied.

"Loyal motherfucker, funny, and too outgoing. You've been there since day one, Akuma. Also, remember my goal. I want to make an impact on this current generation before I die. I want to be known for doing the most insane things possible in the world, and I can't do it by myself. I need allies to help me reach that goal, because what if I do die in the process?" I clarified to Akuma.

"Exactly." Akuma sobbed.

"But the thing is, I am not going to die if I have you supporting me throughout this journey." I said.

There was a moment of silence. Akuma's sniffing and sobbing was the only thing breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Okay, then let's make a promise. A promise that we will not die until we've achieved our goals in life." Akuma said, putting his hand out, he used his other hand to wipe away the tears from his eyes.

"Alright then, that's a promise that I'll keep!" I replied.

"Shake on it." Akuma said. Both of us shook hands.

Meanwhile: At the Center Building.

A piano was playing in the building, nice and soothing.

"Kiryu." The old man said.

He's the leader of my city.

My city is called "The Atarashī Paradise.", and it's known for its tall buildings and the valley I was in earlier.

"What is going on?" Kiryu asked.

"I need you to gather all of the Hatsudenjo" the old man said "They have a kidnapping mission. I need them to find this guy, he is in Light Kingdom. That's sadly all the information we have on him so far."

The old man pulled out a piece of paper with a picture of the guy, and all the information they have so far. He gave it to Kiryu.

The Hatsudenjo are the strongest people in the city. All of them are really powerful, and there is almost no way to defeat these guys. There's 6 of them.

"Yes sir!" Kiryu replied, as he walked out of the leader's office.

To Be Continued.

0