Chapter 49
2k 6 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I think I heard it wrong, but did you say I must go to the capital?"

My father nods and gives me a sad expression. He takes out a letter from his pocket and gives it to me. I take it and start to read it.

"The king noticed your exploit and decided to honor you by making a feast in your name."

After reading the letter, I sigh.

"This is suspicious. They never once cared about our achievement, and now they suddenly make an effort to make a feast for us?"

I can see my father nodding his head, agreeing with me.

"I also agree that this is suspicious. However, we cannot do anything about it. This is an unofficial direct order from the king."

"Unofficial?"

"Yes. While it is not an official direct order, you can see at the bottom that the king emphasizes that you need to come or the royal family will be 'disappointed.' It is not a threat, but we know the reason why they capitalize all the letters of that word."

"Yeah. Dammit. I don't like it. I just got back here, and now they do something like this."

I take a deep sigh and say.

"Who will come with me?"

"Hmmm, who do you think is suitable for this job? I suggest not taking Sonia with you."

I look at him for a few seconds and nod. I know the reason why. While I declare her my daughter, she is not my daughter legally. To be her father, I need to be at least seven years older than her or at least fifty years old. That is the law for child adoption for the noble.

I don't know the reason why, but they made that law like that. I think it is because of politics. All weird laws are because of politics or some kind of weird accident. That is what happened in my previous world.

That means Sonia is still a commoner, and while the Gipan kingdom is not as barbaric as a few kings in the south, we still have laws that can make the nobility force their way into the commoner's life.

Sonia is a beautiful young woman, and I don't want the other's grubby hand to touch her. I can't hold myself back from killing them if they do that.

Hmmm…

"How many retainers can I bring with me?"

"Two maximum."

"Then I will only bring Jullian with me. He should be enough for this journey."

"Whatever you are thinking, it is not it. You can only bring two guards to the palace. I will still send some men to accompany you. I will even let some of your men come with you. Sadly, the elves need to stay. They will stand too much in the north."

Right. Fenrir and Okami became an official division of the army in Cunningham Territory. My father decided to make three divisions for his territory. Fenrir for the close combat fighters, Okami for the mage and healer, and Roc for the Archer and war machine specialist.

"Sure. I think a dozen of them is enough."

"A dozen? No. That is too little. We need to show the north that we are not weak. I don't want to play politics with you going there, but I need to play them. Tomorrow, I will commission an armor and weapon that is fancy but also durable."

"Are you going to show off?"

"Yes. We have a good amount of money from the potion and food trade to afford a little bit of… fanciness. I will also put a commission for your armor."

"Huh? You don't need it to do it, father. I have fancy-looking clothes I can wear."

"What? Show me."

I nod and take out a Cash Clothing I got from gacha. I take out three clothes from my inventory and place them on the table. The first one is called the Sweat-Villain costume. The second one is called the Snowy Prince costume. The last one is called Merchant-Prince.

Spoiler

First Clothes

[collapse]
Spoiler

[collapse]
Spoiler

[collapse]

In Second Life, you can buy cosmetics or get them from a gacha. These costumes come from the gacha roll. They did not add anything to your stats, but they can be worn on top of your gear. The higher grade costume even releases an effect that makes them even more beautiful.

Sadly, these costumes are not popular with a hunting player as they will mark your back as a worthy player to be robbed.

"Hmmm, let's ask your mother. Just like you, I'm not good at clothes."

I want to retort his words, but I know my weakness.

~A minute later~

"Ohhh~ These are great clothes~ Where do you get them, Gwyn?"

Dammit. I'm now regretting getting them out of my inventory. How can I explain this without making me look weird? I know that talent gives something outside common sense, but there is a limit to how weird it can be.

That only leaves me with one thing, which I dislike.

I take a deep breath and say.

"I made them. Who do you think made Sonia's clothes?"

I have almost a thousand women's or men's clothes inside my guild base. While we are a hunting and exploration guild, we sometimes take time to role-play. I think I can survive my mother's rampage.

"Really?~"

In a blink of an eye, she and Rachel appeared before me. I can see their eyes wide open, and I swear I can see strange light inside their eyes.

"You did not forget about us, right?"

I know it. I sigh and open my inventory. I'm lucky that each piece of equipment will be resized to someone's size. That means I did not need to worry about the size.

"Woohoo! Come, my dear daughter! Let's try them."

After saying that, the mother and daughter pair quickly left the room to test their new clothes, leaving only my father and me alone.

We look at each other and sigh. I shake my head and say.

"They did not even tell us how it looks on me."

"Just… Just take them. They will be back in half an hour or so with that amount of clothes. Go and save yourself from this torture. I will remain and look after them."

I look at my father with as much respect as I can give him and say.

"Thank you, father. I will not forget this."

I quickly get up from my chair and walk to the door. I give my father one last look before walking away from the room, retreating from the incoming battle.

85