Chapter 54
2.6k 10 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Catharina von Xenotra - Heiress of Baron Xenotra|

"What do you want to do in this place, Cat?"

I look around for a few seconds and say in a low voice.

"We are here to get something."

"Get something? From here? Like the wand, you get from the Luzia Kingdom? Are you sure?"

I smile a little and look at the wand inside my robe. This wand is called [Wand of the Northern Wind] and is great, especially when I get it this early. In the game, this wand has a passive skill that lets the user stack a cooldown reduction effect up to eighty-five percent rather than the maximum amount of fifty percent. Not only that, but this wand also lets the user cast a basic spell instantaneously and without cost.

With the right equipment, I can continuously cast my spell. It is rather sad that this weapon is not the strongest weapon in the game. Another rare piece of equipment can replace its effect and let the player get a more powerful weapon in terms of Attack Points.

I want to get that said item, but it is something Gwyndolin's mother wears. It was a pair of earrings. This is another reason players are willing to destroy Shadow Fall, a powerful early item they can only get when they reach Arc 3 of the game.

"Cat? Cat!"

"Huh? What?"

"You really need to stop doing that."

I give Jonathan an apologetic smile and say.

"I'm sorry about that. I have a lot on my mind."

"Don't worry about it. I like how you do that. However, I rather enjoy it when we are alone and not in this dangerous place."

Right, dangerous place. We are currently in the slums of Eagle's Talon City, the most dangerous place in the city. Eagle's Talon is a pleasant city with many food vendors and a beautiful public park. However, there are some things that many young heirs and heiresses need to promise to their parents: Never go to the slums.

This is not because they are unwilling to let their children go and mingle with poor people. It is because of how the people in this place hate Noble. When a noble dies in this place, their body has never been found, and coincidentally, people celebrate something the day after.

And that happened last month, not decades ago.

"You are right. Come on. We are almost there."

After walking for two minutes, we continue to walk through the dirty paved road and arrive in front of a rather normal-looking building.

When we enter the building, I can see a beautiful young woman sitting on a chair with a smoking pipe in her hand.

"Fufufufufu, it has been a while since a noble got inside my shop."

When we hear her saying that, Jonathan and his guard put their hands on their swords. I quickly stop them because I don't want to offend this woman. In the game, she is a hidden powerhouse. Some players manage to hack the game file and see her stats. The Community demanded that the dev let them recruit her into their party.

The reason? She is the only character with more than the maximum points in her Magic Attack. The maximum points are 999, but she has 1176 in Magic Attack, which is absurd as 999 points are already powerful enough to one-shot a late-game mid-boss if the player is equipped with the right equipment.

"Greetings, Madame Vermillion."

"Ara?~ Do you know me?~"

I take a deep breath and nod.

"Of course. Your name is rather well-known in a certain circle."

"Fufufufu~ What can I do for you?"

I look around for a few seconds before my eyes land on a pair of gloves. On the outside, it looks like regular black gloves, but I know the runic formation on the surface of the gloves. These are unique gloves.

[Northern Wind Gloves] is one of the three sets of equipment for the [Northern Wind Set]. The wand, gloves, and necklace are the items in this set. In the game, you can only get the gloves in the first arc, the necklace in the second arc and the wand in the third arc, but if I move fast, I can get them by the end of next month.

"I want that pair of gloves."

"Oho~ You made an interesting choice, young lady. However, if I look correctly, you already know how my business works. Am I correct?"

"Yes"

I take out a pair of earrings from my pocket and put them on the table. These earrings cost me quite a lot of money to buy from the auction. This shop did not accept money but used a bartering system.

"Hmmm, you come prepared, huh? I will take these. Wait a few seconds."

Madame Vermillion gets up from her chair and gets closer to us. When she got closer, I could see and smell her. She exudes a lot of sex aura, and it does not help her figure is something many women envy.

She put her hand on top of the gloves, and I could see it shine a little. Is that a security measure she places? Interesting. I REALLY want to try my luck and see what kind of talent she has, but I know not to do it to very powerful people. At least not to do it in the open.

Madame Vermillion takes the pair of gloves and gives them to me. I smile a little when I get the item I need and am about to leave, but before I can leave, the door opens, and I can see a familiar figure enter the building.

I can see Gwyndolin and Jullian enter the building, followed by a small girl who looks at us in confusion.

"Eh? Aunty Hellel has a customer?!"

Gwyndolin looks at me, and I hold myself from squeaking. I already know he is kind, but that intense gaze still makes me squeak. Damn, you villain. Can't you make a kind expression?

I quickly pull my hood to cover my face and slowly walk to the door. I release a small squeak when I hear him saying.

"Oh? Catharina? Is that you?"

Dammit! I only want to gather equipment for the inevitable mess in peace! Can't I have that?! Damn you, Murphy!

95