12
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

started coming here, she seemed lost in her thoughts. After a long pause that felt like an eternity for both of them, she said: "...I never wanted it."

Jihoon stared at her in disbelief. "Excuse me?"

She didn't reply for a while. Slowly, she raised her gaze again. This time, her expression wasn't as troubled. In fact, her eyes were shining brightly. Her voice was steady. As if, instead of being sad or upset, she felt... happy. "I never wanted any of this. I'm so sorry. I knew that it wouldn't happen, but... my parents wanted me to leave you. So I did."

"But why?" He couldn't help but to ask her.

She smiled sadly. "Because I was afraid."

"Afraid of what? Of me?" he asked incredulously. "Of what you'd become if we stayed together?"

"Maybe, although I don't know for sure," she responded without hesitation.

"So you knew that you were going to die?"

"No," she answered shaking her head. "I knew it would end badly. I just had no idea how bad."

"I thought you loved me..."

"I do!" She exclaimed. "Don't doubt that. I love you as much as I loved Kim Junhui."

"So why?" he pressed on. "Why would you keep loving me when you knew what would happen?"

She paused briefly before she began: "When you and I were young, we met when I was sixteen years old, at a school dance. Back then, my parents were still together."

"We were dating then?"

Her eyes glistened slightly at the mention of their past relationship. She nodded before continuing: "Yes, although I didn't even know it yet, we were destined to meet again. We were supposed to get married and spend our lives together. You and I were meant to be, but I messed things up by getting pregnant. You weren't ready to deal with a child so you ended up abandoning me. You told me that I was too selfish, and I guess that was true.

"After our break up, we drifted apart.

0