Chapter 14: Accident in the corridor
917 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I held my breath after my brain had digested all the information on the panel.

I was speechless.

This spear was a treasure in itself!

I gasped in awe as I stared at the black body of the spear. Unconsciously, my fingers traced a line on the faintly grayish surface that appeared to be some sort of decoration. It wasn't that attractive to the eye, but being in my hand, the weight and length were as if it was perfect for me.

Of course, I had never used spears in my life, as well as a dagger, which a few days ago I started to wield. I was a total novice when it came to weapons, but the idea of wielding a spear seemed fascinating.

"Attributes that even I haven't attained. But adding my attributes to this, I could fight with more ferocity since basically all my Basic Abilities have been doubled. Besides, I didn't expect that a weapon could have abilities."

I muttered and waved the spear, though, as I said, from a novice like me, not much could be expected. I sighed resignedly and made a mental note to adjust to using the spear.

It had more attributes and also had a skill, so it was certainly better than the dagger I had.

I could have a better range when using the spear; on the other hand, with the dagger, every time I got a little careless, I received a wound, which could be superficial or severe. In fact, there was a problem, unlike the dagger—which, which I could use anywhere—I couldn't use the spear in a narrow corridor.

"Well, that's settled. Farewell, my good friend."

Waving goodbye, I tucked the dagger into the pouch I carried.

With a faint smile, the sound of a —Crack— resounded.

<<You've obtained a <Shadow earring> by breaking the sphere>>

<<Item>>

Shadow earring

<<Grade>>

No grade

<<Attributes>>

Agility: 25 | Magic: 20 

<<Abilities>>

[Shadow Step]: a basic <Shadow earring> ability: when using your <Mind> or <Magic>, it teleports you to a selected shadow; however, the shadow must be within ten meters of range.

—The ability has a cooldown of 30 minutes.

<<Description>>

An earring obtained after killing a <War Shadow>. Its attributes may not amount to much, but its main source of brilliance lies in the adhered ability that can save the life of its wearer.

<Equip>

.

.

.

Don't these <War Shadows> dropped things broken enough?

I let out a sigh, and a murmur of <Equip> left my lips. At the same time, the dark-colored earring dissolved into thin air. The next moment, I felt something dangling from my left ear.

<Hide object> <Hold object>.

I hid it from the sight of others, as well as the pendant I was wearing. The slight but uncomfortable feeling in my left ear disappeared. I could no longer feel the items after hiding them; however, the effects still remained, more importantly.

There was no need to reveal to the eyes of the world all the items I was carrying. Wouldn't they think I was a freak if I wore all kinds of accessories?

By the way, the only thing I couldn't hide was my weapons.

Curious about my new stats after equipping the spear and earring, I called my <Status>.

<<Status>>

— Tooru

— Level: 1

<<Basic abilities>>

Strength: 24 (+32) | Endurance: 21 (+5) | Dexterity: 31 (+42) | Agility: 22 (+34) | Magic: 0 (+70)

.

.

.

Wow, now that's an increase. Even if they are just as a bonus, it doesn't take away from the fact that they are part of my main strength.

After studying the complex numbers and comparing them to other adventurers, I had realized that 10 points in <Falna> meant 1 point in my <System>.

So I'm pretty strong for someone starting out in adventuring.

"Status: Equipment."

As I muttered those words, a bluish panel unfolded in front of my face. The panel had several slots, all of them nearly empty except for three places.

Starting at the top, as if the slots took the shape of a human, it had 1 slot for a helmet, 2 slots for earrings, 1 slot for a pendant, 2 slots for rings, 2 slots for bracelets, 1 slot for armor, 2 slots for gauntlets, 2 slots for boots, and finally 2 slots for weapons.

All the slots were empty except for the slot consisting of the left side of my ear, which was occupied by the figure of an earring. The other slot was naturally occupied by the figure of a pendant.

Finally, the dark spear occupied the right side of the weapon slot.

When I focused on any of these items, a panel with their descriptions appeared. It was amazing that such a system could exist.

After feeling stronger, I sat down for a few minutes. My wounds were slowly healing, and my mental fatigue was also diminishing.

.

.

.

It had been about half an hour since I finished my rest. Fortunately, I did not encounter any other <War Shadow>, or I would possibly be exhausted again by now. However, I did kill a few goblins, kobolds, and even frogs.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any interesting items, so I discarded them. Although...

¡¡!!

While walking through some greenish corridors, where only the sound of my footsteps echoed, I heard some people's voices. They sounded angry and indignant, while some voices contained a tinge of mockery.

The noise was coming from one of the many connecting corridors. I was in the right corner of where I was standing, and somehow the voices got louder.

—Swosh—

A blur rounded the corner, and the clear impact went through my chest, knocking me to the floor. It was such an abrupt change that I didn't even have time to hold my breath.

Likewise, when I looked up, the blurred silhouette flew back as it had come. Hooded, and although I couldn't see its face clearly, the small figure was probably a girl.

She used her hands and tried to run; however, a sturdy hand grabbed her by the neck and threw her backward.

"Damn leech, we finally got her."

The man cursed loudly and disappeared around the corner, walking into the other hallway where the girl was thrown.

That was all I caught a glimpse of before an adventurer who was probably following the girl noticed me.

"Oh? Another adventurer? Luck is really on our side!"

In my patreon you can find up to 20 advanced chapters ≧◡≦

www.patreon.com/YoseiShiro

29