Chapter 23: Rewards
763 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tooru-sama... Are you sure you want to give me all of this?"

Tooru was almost startled at the sudden shout from Lili, who could not contain the evident excitement in her mouth.

They, who were satisfied with today's exploration after the ants were exterminated, had decided to return to the surface.

Although that was out of their plans, because they were prepared to stay until the sky turned black, Tooru insisted on returning.

Lili was hurt, and he knew it even if she hid it.

Lili was an excellent <Support>; not only did she know every nook and cranny of the dungeon, but she was also a provider of important information. It would be a pity if her situation worsened, or at the very least, Tooru would not bear to see her in a miserable state.

Even if she tried her best, there wasn't much she could do. In the end, she could only resign herself to her fate and let herself be carried by Tooru's arm.

After showering at the guild headquarters, they headed to the section where they exchanged magic stones and <Drop Item> for valis.

They got 55000 valis!

That was more than Tooru had earned in his previous raids!

When they left, Lili wanted to leave Tooru everything they had earned today, as, according to her, this time, she just wanted to gain his trust and have her worth recognized.

However, the next words —"Oh, I'm not so stingy as to let a pretty girl work hard for me without giving her her share"— that came out of Tooru's mouth left Lili stunned.

Her eyes froze, and her arms stretched out stiffly.

She could not understand what Tooru had said. Only after a few seconds her face quickly showed her disbelief.

"Tooru-sama, are you sure you didn't make a mistake?"

"Mm?, Lili, you are an excellent <Support>, and whoever says otherwise, they are nothing but idiots who have rotten eyes. Without you, I wouldn't even get half the profits; anyway, that's your deserved pay for your wonderful work."

"... Really?"

"You bet."

Lili's throat let out a quiet moan. Instantly, she felt her own eyes betray her. Then, a small tear formed in the corner of her eyes.

For the way they treated her —as if she were disposable trash— the adventurers wouldn't even give her 1% of the profits; sometimes, a chicken thigh was enough.

But now... was there anyone who, without a hint of doubt in his eyes, would be willing to part with half of the profits?

Lili finally understood the feeling of being reciprocated for her work. And moreover, the image of the adventurer before her improved by a small margin.

Then, she remembered that she was not alone, so looking up, she met Tooru's kind smile.

"Tooru-sama, I'm really sorry for you to see such a pathetic scene..."

"No problem."

Leaving those words, Tooru set down a brown bag full of golden valis on the table.

Lili's eyes emitted a gleam of excitement, and at the same time, as if she couldn't believe her eyes, arms trembling, she took the bag.

A pleasant weight inside... there was more than the adventurers gave her in her entire life.

"Thank you, Tooru-sama!"

Lili thanked, a warm feeling welling up in her throbbing heart. Her pair of brown eyes, tender and beautiful, shone with moisture, and consequently, the smile on her face was not at all faked.

"Well, are you free tomorrow?"

Tooru suddenly asked, to which Lili nodded.

"Yes. Is there anything Tooru-sama needs from Lili?"

"Mm, something like that. Then, let's meet tomorrow at 8."

.

.

.

After parting from Lili, I went back to the church.

Kami-sama must still be working at her little jagamarukun stand, so after washing off all the dirt with clean water, I sat down on the couch.

With a mischievous smile, rubbing my hand in anticipation, I opened the backpack.

Actually, in addition to obtaining <+3 Agility> <+2 Strength> <+2 Dexterity> after killing the ants, I had two <Soul Spheres> obtained from the Killer Ants and one after killing a War Shadow.

My eyes twinkled slightly as I observed the clear difference between the three spheres.

Two were the same color, a metallic color, and that I am pretty used to. However, one was actually a different color!

Although they were the same size, it was cinnamon-colored! A light but warm feeling covered the surface, almost like a gentle night breeze.

It was the last sphere I obtained after killing the ants that swarmed above us. However, I really didn't expect to obtain a different <soul sphere>soon.

Seeing this treasure, my heart was beating faster than usual, so after sighing, I looked at the sphere's condition.

<<Item>>

Soul Sphere

<<Grade>>

Bronze Grade

<<Description>>

Spheres of <Bronze Grade> can be obtained from monsters whose appearance is set to the 11th floor or higher. Otherwise, by killing a level 1 adventurer whose basic skill points are categorized at <B> or higher.

—If the user is a lucky friend, a materialization of a <Soul Sphere> of <Bronze Grade> is possible on floors —7,8,9,10—

...

It was impossible for a <Bronze Grade> sphere to be born on floors lower than 11; however, the weight was in my hands, negating the possibility of it being a fake.

Basically, the system told me that, in reality, the sphere in my hands was the result of my luck.

Despite my excitement, I decided to set aside the bronze sphere.

As they say, the best is for last: I'm sure that after revealing the bronze-grade item, I'll see the other two <soul spheres> as trash.

No.

Remembering my goals, no matter what item it is; for my feet to reach that goal, I'll need all sorts of items that will allow me to reach the impossible.

—Crack—

My fists smashed the sphere, and after a small flash, the sphere belonging to the War Shadow disappeared, and a blackish ring made of a cold metal materialized in my palms.

<<You obtained a <Ring of Effect> by breaking the sphere>>

<<Item>>

Ring of Effect

<<Grade>>

No grade

<<Attributes>>

Magic: 45

<<Abilities>>

[Shadow Effect]: in a 10-meter area, the shadow descends and grants the <Slow Effect> to any being the user defines as an enemy.

—Consumes 30 magic upon activation. Upon activation, it consumes 1 magic per second.

—Upon activation, enemies level 1 or lower lose 10% agility.

—The ability has a 10-minute cooldown.

<<Description>>

A ring with an attached abilities. The item's mastery isn't great against enemies above the aforementioned level, but for those just starting to level up, it's an item with a chance to be considered.

<Equip>

...

Hm? Not bad, the truth, it suits me like a glove...

I smiled at my unfunny joke and equipped it.

Again, that feeling of something inside you growing surged and covered every inch of my mind. It was a magic increase at an alarming rate; ironically, I only possessed <7> points in it when items grant everything.

I dismissed the blissful incomprehensible sensation, and with another —Crack— echoing in the silent room, the faintest <Soul Sphere> broke.

<<You have obtained a <Saw Dagger> by breaking the sphere>>

<<Item>>

Saw Dagger

<<Grade>>

No grade

<<Attributes>>

Strength: 10 | Dexterity: 15 | Agility: 15

<<Abilities>>

[ ]

<<Description>>

An agile but deadly dagger. The saw made by the jaws of the <Killer Ants> is able to cut through even their shells without resistance.

<Equip>

...

A deep red dagger with the distinctive color of ants. Its appearance was a bit terrifying as, unlike traditional daggers, this one possessed a serrated edge, made mainly for tearing flesh.

It was the weakest piece of equipment I had encountered in the past few days. It was a pity that if I equipped a weapon in the other slot, and if I didn't hold it in my hand, I wouldn't obtain its attributes.

Therefore, this was useless to me.

Should I sell it? Since they are items left behind by monsters, they may be seen to have great value, even if the merchants don't know their origin.

Pushing those thoughts aside, I put the dagger aside and picked up the last sphere.

—Crack—

<<You have obtained <Critical Attack> by breaking the sphere>>

On my patreon you can read 20 advance chapters.

www.patreon.com/YoseiShiro

Merry Christmas to everyone <3

28