Chapter 24: Development Ability
786 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<<You have obtained <Critical Attack> by breaking the sphere>>

Possessing unimaginable abilities that somehow specialized in handling and manipulating souls, I was naturally quite sensitive to this fact.

For that reason, I felt an uncomfortable tingle deep within my soul, almost as if something was being imprinted or engraved there.

Even though there was no pain, it was still uncomfortable.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead, and my gaze shifted to the glowing blue panel, the words shining in my eyes.

<<Ability Obtained>>

Critical Attack — Level I Developmental Ability

[Critical Attack <I>]: Each focused attack of the user grants 10% <Critical Attack>.

— No Magic Consumption.

— The <Critical Attack> is effective when the user uses a dagger, spear, or bow.

<<Description>>

A rarely seen developmental ability. Development abilities can be obtained from a <Soul Sphere> of <Bronze Grade> or higher. All abilities the user learns will appear in the <Acquired Abilities> section.

.

.

.

Just as there were <Basic Abilities>, which nourished each adventurer's parameters with each status update, there were also other types of abilities.

Development Abilities.

These abilities specialized in a specific area, and just like the basic abilities, they were ranked from <I> to <S>. However, unlike the previous ones, the rankings were not reset to <I> with each level up.

Also, developmental abilities were complicated to train, and not everyone —if anyone— could level up to their highest rating.

"An ability..."

I looked at the word development ability with wide eyes.

These abilities could only be obtained from level 2 and up!

Not to mention, the probability of getting one for every level higher was relatively low, and only someone blessed by luck had a chance of multiple options to choose from appearing.

I wasn't even a level 2 adventurer, but I already had a development ability, which apparently wasn't weak at all.

"This system goes against all imagination."

Despite the pleasant surprise, I soon felt a gentle wave of energy calming my mind.

Wanting to know my status, the panel appeared in front of me.

<<Status>>

— Tooru

— Level: 1

<<Basic Abilities>>

Strength: 36 (+42) | Endurance: 118 (+5) | Dexterity: 40 (+42) | Agility: 30 (+34) | Magic: 7 (+150).

<<Abilities>>

Goccia d'anima | Anima affamata | Blessing of Gaia

<<Acquired Abilities>>

Critical Attack: I

...

As mentioned, the new ability was placed in the "Acquired Abilities" section. Other than that, nothing changed; not even the 10% critical attack attribute was visible. Maybe it only takes effect after it was activated?

But... I'll have to sweat a bit for this new ability to develop.

Although it's challenging, like all developmental abilities, the <Critical Attack> can develop as I use the ability and gain more <Excelia>.

I stood up from the sofa, stretched my body, and energy waves were exuded.

Equipping myself with the black spear, I stepped out of the church and began maneuvering it.

.

.

.

An hour later, Hestia arrived at the church. A friend of Hestia's had been absent from work, so Hestia got more customers than usual, extending her time at the jagamarukun booth.

She felt guilty for letting Tooru eat without her presence.

Not caring about anything else, her hurried footsteps echoed in the room, and soon, she found him in the abandoned courtyard.

She almost jumped at him but refrained from doing so. Instead of saying something not to distract him or speaking to him so as not to break his concentration, she stood to the side, her big blue eyes watching him.

Her lips lifted into a beautiful smile that radiated purity and protectiveness towards the boy thrusting the spear as if his life depended on it.

Being the first time she had witnessed Tooru in training, she was fascinated by the lithe and extremely focused figure.

With each attack, the spear's blade split the air, producing faint tearing sounds.

Tooru's sharp, serious face was covered with drops of crystalline water that glistened in the sunlight and, as they fell from his body, were cut in two by the tip of the spear.

Tooru, immersed in his training, and Hestia, marveling at the spectacle. A young man was striving to achieve his goals and a goddess who wished the best for him.

Thus, the two entities that —from the point of view of a mortal or the gods could not be paired— spent an indefinite amount of time in the backyard.

"Hm? Kami-sama?! How long have you been there? The heat of the sun might hurt you!"

I, who had finished my daily training, met Kami-sama. Because of that bright orb in the sky, Kami-sama's face was drenched with sweat beads sliding down her flushed cheek.

I approached her and took her hand. That soft hand, compared to my hard and rough hands from gripping my weapons, was warm and gave off a slightly spicy feeling.

"Hehe~ Tooru-kun, your state of concentration left me captivated; I overlooked the time and warmth. Besides, you work hard, so this is nothing compared to your effort."

As I pulled her hand towards the room, her melodious laughter entered my ears. I couldn't help but be attracted to her two breasts, sweaty and shiny, protruding a little from her white clothes.

My mind was also in a daze, and it was only after shaking my head that I could think clearly again.

"Tooru-kun, I'm sorry I didn't come back to join you for lunch. I had a lot of customers coming from Take."

"Take? Who is it?"

A certain uneasiness arose in my heart. Somehow, I attributed this uneasiness to jealousy and didn't even realize that I hadn't answered—No, I hadn't eaten yet.

"Take? Ah, yes, I forgot to tell you about him. Well, he's the god Takemikazuchi, one of the few friends I've had since I was in heaven. He's also a frequent worker at the stall near me."

While answering me, Kami-sama plunged my arm between her breasts.

—Ah, the god Takemikazuchi? The same god I heard about once in the Far East? Was said to be a kind god.

"I see; that's good."

I patted my chest, Kami-sama's words reassuring me. Seriously, jealousy is a dangerous thing, but I didn't really care since it's a part of me.

"Mm? Tooru-kun, are you jealous by any chance?"

Saying that she jumped up and stood in front of me, her blue eyes filled with a mischievous smile fixed on my face.

"Of course, Kami-sama is mine, ONLY mine, after all."

"And you just say it like that, like it's nothing? I was hoping you'd at least blush; you're no fun."

Kami-sama turned his face away as his bulging cheeks blushed. I attacked her weak point, didn't I? I expected her to feel shy, but she was the one who received her own medicine.

So shy that it made me want to tease her.

"Kyahuu~! Ahh, my b-breasts-".

My arms wrapped around her slender waist from behind, and the softness of her breast was transmitted through my fingers while, with my other hand, I lifted her chin and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

On my pa treon you can read 20 advance chapters ≧◡≦

patreon.com/YoseiShiro

25