Chapter 4. Who Are You?
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_present time_

"So do you remember anything?" Dominic heard from the other side of the door to Micah's hospital room of Alec asking Micah.

"Remember what?" Micah answered Alec's question with another question.

"What happened in the woods before you were found," Alec indicated.

"Gee... I don't know. It was a mountain lion or something, that got me," Micah answered.

"Are you sure about that?" Alec asked.

"No. Not really. I really don't remember anything," Micah said.

"What about the five years gap? What happened during those times?" Tony now started to ask. Dominic stands still behind the door, hesitating to open it, waiting for Micah's answer.

"You guys, I really don't remember anything. The last thing I remember was us getting drunk and you pointed to the woods saying it was haunted. I was drunk during the time. Everything is a blur," Micah answered.

"Ok. Sorry to pressure you, Micah. You must be real freaked out from everything," Tony apologized and commented at the same time. "But don't you want to know what happened?" Tony asked.

There is a long silence from Micah after the question. Dominic peeks a look into the room and saw Micah who seems to be in a trance state for a while before he comes to his senses. "Micah?" Alec called to him.

"Yes?" Micah answered. Is it his imagination? Dominic thought. Because the way Micah had just answered that sounded so different. "Perhaps certain things are better left unknown, Antonio," Micah answered. The tone is different. The language is a bit off... Did he just call Tony by his full name, 'Antonio'? Micah then turns to look at Dominic who was peeking from outside of the door like he knew he was there all along and that just shocks him to death. He quickly just pushes the door wide open to declare his presence.

"Hi!" Dominic greeted.

"Hey, Dome!" Both Tony and Alec greeted him back and they went to hug him like old days. "You good, man?" Alec asked with a grin on his face. Dominic only nods at him.

"Ah... Dominic, just the one I was waiting for," Micah said. And it sure just not creeps the hell out of Dominic solely. It seems to creep the hell out of Tony and Alec as well. Because Micah had just called Dominic by his given name. He would usually just call him 'Dome'. They got speechless in that instant and just stare at Micah in wonder and in a bit of... fear... His way of speaking is just weird. He was speaking in a calm, slow, and elegant manner. Unlike the way Micah would speak. Micah would just usually be excited and speaks real fast with simple choice of words. "Is there a problem, boys? It appears you boys are staring at me," Micah asked. Did he just call them 'boys'?

"No, nothing," Tony said.

"Can I have a moment in solitary with Dominic, please?" He then asked.

"Yeah sure~" Tony said and quickly pulls Alec out the room. He can't help but feel that something is wrong with Micah. So, it's better off to stay away. He then closes the door behind him. "What the hell was that?" Tony asked Alec afterward in a whisper.

"Hell. That sure creep me out," Alec whispered back.

Meanwhile, in the room, Dominic keeps on staring at Micah. "Micah? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Never been better, Dominic," Micah answered with an allusive smile formed on his lips. "Have a seat," he indicated to the chair next to the bed. Dominic just stares down at the chair, not moving an inch from where he was standing. "Come on, now. I don't bite," Micah said calmly but with a suggestive smile pursed on his lips like he's meaning otherwise.

Hesitantly, Dominic walks closer to the chair. Only a few steps away but it feels like forever before he reaches the spot. He sits down on the chair. "What's the matter, Micah?" He asked, trying very hard to sound normal and calm.

"He fancies you so much," Micah said, leaning his face closer to Dominic to study him. "Now I can see why," he added.

"Who are you talking about?" Dominic asked, feeling confused.

"Micah," Micah answered. "Oops... I mean, I am," Micah then changes his answer. It was not a slip of the tongue because Dominic can tell that it was done on purpose to suggest something sinister towards himself.

"Who are you?" Dominic asked. Anger is taking a hold of him suddenly. Is he playing a game? What does it mean? Is he Micah or is he not Micah?

"Dear, dear... I am your best friend, Dominic. I am Micah Stantleton, now am I not?" he answered with the same smile still carved on his lips like he's playing a game with Dominic's head. He then leans much closer to Dominic so that he can feel his hot breath is on his ears and he whispers; "I 'consumed' him."

Dominic is too startled from the whisper that he pushes himself away from Micah and sends the chair hurled down on the floor. Dominic stands a few meters away from Micah with his heart pounding out of his chest. Micah is no longer smiling. He only looks at Dominic in wonder. "Dome, are you okay?" He asked. "Where are Tony and Alec?"

Dominic is still catching his breath from the shock. "Micah?" He called. Micah oddly looks normal now. He looks closer to see if Micah is just pretending to be someone else or that particular someone else is pretending to be Micah but there's no sign of it. Micah is back to being himself.

"Yeah. What is wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost!" Micah said, looking perplexed by Dominic's expression. It really is Micah this time, Dominic can tell. But that still fails to take his anxiety out of him.

Dominic gulps dreadfully. He didn't want to believe his thoughts but it must be true, isn't it? Micah is possessed. That must be the only explanation.

֍֍֍

 

3