Chapter Side Story 4. The Golden Sun
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyo used his long hair like sharp tentacles to strike the man but the man was very agile and moved at the speed of light. By the time Kyo stopped to take a good look at his prey, he noticed that the man had already shown his fangs and claws. The man’s body was now hunched like that of a hyena’s. His golden eyes are slit like a predator. Nonetheless, that smile like he was having the best time of his life never left his face. It was at this moment that Kyo realized that the man was not human to begin with so he no longer had an interest in eating him. Killing him should be enough to cover for the previous humiliation that he had suffered.

It was such a shame… if only the man was human. Only human’s meat tasted so sweet. Kyo used his full force to attack the man now that he was no longer holding back. His tentacle of hair struck the side of the man’s chest, ripping his shirt in the process. The man was bleeding from his punctured chest and through Kyo’s tentacle that was still penetrated within the man’s flesh, Kyo sucked the man’s blood like vacuum into the mouth situated behind his head. The mouth was beginning to open wide, tasting the blood, showing off its’ razor-sharp set of teeth. Kyo’s jet black hair intertwined with the color of dark red as his second beastly mouth feast on the man’s blood. The man grunted in pain and appeared to have grown weaker. Strangely, the man’s blood tasted sweet. It was a familiar taste. And even stranger, the man didn’t fight back.

As Kyo took a closer look at the man, he noticed that the man was wearing a necklace. It was hidden under his shirt but now that his shirt had been torn off, Kyo could see the locket hanging from the necklace clearly. It was a golden necklace with its locket in the shape of a sun. He is most familiar with this locket. It was because he was the one who made it in the first place! He quickly withdrew his tentacle of hair and dashed towards the man in the speed of light to prevent him from falling to the ground. He held the man close to him, shaking with fear that the man might die from his blood loss.

He lifted the man’s face up to study him. He looked deep into the man’s eyes with confusion. “This locket…,” he spoke softly. “R-r-renji?” Kyo called, trying to confirm the identity of the man.

The man smiled at him with a clear sign of affection showing on his face. He looked cute despite the morbidity of the scene where his own blood was dripping from his mouth. “You remember…,” he said, both in surprise and appreciation. He then closed his eyes and slipped out of his consciousness. Kyo was shaken in fear and anxiety. How could he not recognize him before? Hundreds of years may have passed. Faces could be forgotten. Feelings could be abandoned. But he could never have forgotten those eyes. Those golden eyes that shone as bright as the sun. The golden eyes of the boy who looked up to him with admiration from back then. The boy that he thought he had lost forever.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2022/12/26

1